Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Bioware is doubling down on Anthem

Over the past few months, BioWare has essentially transformed into a single-game studio as it harnesses its teams to work on the ambitious multiplayer action game Anthem, sources say. There are still small teams maintaining Star Wars: The Old Republic and piecing together the next Dragon Age, which was recently rebooted, but the bulk of BioWare’s staff in both Edmonton and Austin are now on Anthem. And there’s a sense among BioWare employees that the company’s future is inextricably tied to this game.

Anthem, which was announced at E3 2017, is now scheduled for release in early 2019, according to three people familiar with the project. The “fall 2018” window mentioned during that E3 announcement was “never realistic,” one source said. Exact dates remain in flux—and Anthem’s developers must also plan for a beta release, an EA Access launch, and an ongoing schedule of patches and updates—but it appears unlikely to developers that publisher EA will allow BioWare to delay the game any further than March 2019, when the company’s 2019 fiscal year comes to an end. (EA, like most publicly traded companies, uses the fiscal calendar as a basis for all of its decisions, as those dates determine how investors will behave.)

https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-down-on-anthem-as-pressure-mounts-1822380989

I can't post the full article for whatever reason from my phone. I will retry when I get home. I was hoping Anthem would get released this year but I am not suprised. This is it for Bioware. I think they know it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Over the past few months, BioWare has essentially transformed into a single-game studio as it harnesses its teams to work on the ambitious multiplayer action game Anthem, sources say. There are still small teams maintaining Star Wars: The Old Republic and piecing together the next Dragon Age, which was recently rebooted, but the bulk of BioWare’s staff in both Edmonton and Austin are now on Anthem. And there’s a sense among BioWare employees that the company’s future is inextricably tied to this game.

Anthem, which was announced at E3 2017, is now scheduled for release in early 2019, according to three people familiar with the project. The “fall 2018” window mentioned during that E3 announcement was “never realistic,” one source said. Exact dates remain in flux—and Anthem’s developers must also plan for a beta release, an EA Access launch, and an ongoing schedule of patches and updates—but it appears unlikely to developers that publisher EA will allow BioWare to delay the game any further than March 2019, when the company’s 2019 fiscal year comes to an end. (EA, like most publicly traded companies, uses the fiscal calendar as a basis for all of its decisions, as those dates determine how investors will behave.)

I can't post the full article for whatever reason from my phone. I will retry when I get home. I was hoping Anthem would get released this year but I am not suprised. This is it for Bioware. I think they know it.

So if Anthem flops, I ain't getting my DA4? :futurewhy:

This shyt can't happen. I got like 8 Inquisitors with major choices I want to see the resolved.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

I agree with this probably being it for them. They fukk this up and it will be time to update that one EA comic:skip:

I liked what I saw tho... but probably won't pick it up.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
So if Anthem flops, I ain't getting my DA4? :futurewhy:

This shyt can't happen. I got like 8 Inquisitors with major choices I want to see the resolved.
You played DA:I 8 times? :ohhh:

There is so much to do in this game. I am only playing it once and keeping it moving.

The only thing that worries me is that they are doing the 'game as a service's for Dragon Age. Why? Stop digging in our pockets man:francis:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I'm really getting the feeling that this push back was due to the fallout of loot boxes and the lack of endgame Destiny 2 currently has. They're adding resources to the game to make sure they have everything Destiny & The Division eventually got to offer, but at launch and making sure they avoid Destiny 2 level outrage.

This was the only game I was looking forward to and now fall 2018 looks wide open.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You played DA:I 8 times? :ohhh:

There is so much to do in this game. I am only playing it once and keeping it moving.

:mjgrin: I had to, breh. So many choices I wanted to see play out and I want to see the outcome for in the next game.

I skipped a lot of filler questing using the money glitch.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:mjlol: :mjcry:

We're never seeing another Mass Effect

Over the past few months, BioWare has essentially transformed into a single-game studio as it harnesses its teams to work on the ambitious multiplayer action game Anthem, sources say.

Anthem took away from the GOAT game series to just sink the company, eventually. If this game flops they done. They already cut off one of their arms (Andromeda dev team).

And I became a Dragon Age fan after Trash-can-o-ma.

:to: I need DA4.

These companies won't be happy til we spending $500 over time per game.

They been working on Anthem since 2012.

Another EA fail.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yep, I'm not even optimistic about the game and company anymore. We're already seeing problems, a key member has died, people leaving, and public opinion is low.

Bioware most likely coming out of EAs torture rack in a body bag in 2019 :mjcry: