Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I disagree with pretty much all this.

The writing was the strong point of the "ME" series. Which is why the series fell off despite technically getting better in the game play department. If it started out as an action/adventure series....ok cool. But you can't start out as an RPG then end up in "COD" territory where only gear load out and blowing shyt up matters.

If you got into the series late :manny: but if you followed it from when it was announced....and their intentions for the series....3 (and hell, even parts of 2) and "Andromeda" was not the series they described. Not by a long shot.

Agree with your whole post basically but this part in particular I wanted to address. The Reapers were a straight jack of the Great Old Ones from Lovecraft. Once they tried giving them an agenda shyt fell apart, because they told you in the first game "it's not possible to understand us". They should've just rolled with that. They should be overpowered, and ideally the finale of "ME3" would've been a galactic version of the suicide mission from 2.

Fred.

Na.... I was saying that in jest. I’m a Day 1 cat with this game and it’s still my second fav series behind Splinter Cell even with its flaws.

But yes the story gotta be more tremendous and epic. I really couldn’t get into the later protagonist vs Shepherd. That was the main thing that felt off for me

Martha

• Dap
Reactions: hex

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Mass Effect basically went the way of the Alien franchise

First movie and second line up, then after that you got all promethues, covenant, and all that other bullshyt we don't mention wrapped up in ME3 and andromeda

• Dap

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people mad at andromeda buts its the closest to mass effect 1 :dead: if it wasn't a buggy piece of shyt with the worst crew in an RPG since FFX then people would've been slobbing it down day one

Don’t you compare Saren and Sovereign with those trash Andromeda villains with no character. Sovereign had a GOAT villain reveal and intro.

As for this game, it’s really weird. It feels like it lacks a certain “punch” or soul to it when it comes to the gameplay. The combat doesn’t look visceral and the zoomed out perspective plus all the particle effects on the weapons kinda covers up what’s actually going on.

I want it but to be fun and I’m hoping but...I dunno.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

that shyt looks dope
Don’t you compare Saren and Sovereign with those trash Andromeda villains with no character. Sovereign had a GOAT villain reveal and intro.

As for this game, it’s really weird. It feels like it lacks a certain “punch” or soul to it when it comes to the gameplay. The combat doesn’t look visceral and the zoomed out perspective plus all the particle effects on the weapons kinda covers up what’s actually going on.

I want it but to be fun and I’m hoping but...I dunno.
the best overall villain in mass effect was the shadow broker :hubie: saren was just a story telling device

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
*trying to figure out how ME 1 is the same as Andromeda*

tenor.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
*trying to figure out how ME 1 is the same as Andromeda*

tenor.gif
its the most like ME1 compared to the sequels

people can complain about the exploration but at least it existed (and the rose tinted glasses on ME1's exploration is a joke too)

as ridiculous as ryder's come up is, its still not worse than shepard getting his shyt blown up, surviving all kinds of space radiation, going through reentry to crash on a frozen world, to be recovered by liara (who is a serial killer now, keep up), then handed off to the same group that wasn't even worth designing a skin for, to be essentially resurrected and given a blank check while being told to lay low and be discreet :dead:

as dumb as ryder's origin is yal not gonna be playing revisionist history on how absurd mass effect was from the jump

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that shyt looks dope

the best overall villain in mass effect was the shadow broker :hubie: saren was just a story telling device

Saren had an actual personality, goals, convictions, and a reason for doing what he was doing.

He was terrified at the expansion and growth of humanity but seemed human. He wanted the best for organic lifeforms and tried to save life by brokering servitude for the Reapers. He’s a dude who saw the Eldritch Truth and thought he was doing what was best. But the effect of the Reapers slowly corroded his mind and turned him into a puppet, killing those who he was trying to protect.

You actually find out the Saren knows he’s losing control of his mind and that his initial goal of saving life is still his goal. When Shepard’s words begin to make him doubt what he’s been doing, Sovereign turns him into a cybernetic and completely loyal to the Reapers. And then his possible final scene of killing himself after telling Shepard thank you...on the Citadel?

Saren was a GREAT villain.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Saren had an actual personality, goals, convictions, and a reason for doing what he was doing.

He was terrified at the expansion and growth of humanity but seemed human. He wanted the best for organic lifeforms and tried to save life by brokering servitude for the Reapers. He’s a dude who saw the Eldritch Truth and thought he was doing what was best. But the effect of the Reapers slowly corroded his mind and turned him into a puppet, killing those who he was trying to protect.

You actually find out the Saren knows he’s losing control of his mind and that his initial goal of saving life is still his goal. When Shepard’s words begin to make him doubt what he’s been doing, Sovereign turns him into a cybernetic and completely loyal to the Reapers. And then his possible final scene of killing himself after telling Shepard thank you...on the Citadel?

Saren was a GREAT villain.
Saren was a well done narrative device. I ain't even hating on him as a character but he exists to define Shepard and to communicate the gravity of the reapers. That's really it.

He has no depth whatsoever. He's a bad dude that walks stride for stride with you as you, the player, develop your character/avatar while the story progresses. He's just a backdrop, like Agent Smith in The Matrix. He's strong exactly when he needs to be and weak exactly when he needs to be. There's really nothing special about him and I actually like how well they dressed him up.

Its crazy because Dragon Age 1 and 2 (Arishok the gawd :wow:) had much better developed antagonists but none of them get the props Saren does. Saren's shyt doesn't even add up either. He goes from cool calculated hands-on murder one minute to pulling a Kylo Ren on his ship the next. shyt, the best written part of Mass Effect 1 is Noveria by far - mainly because he isn't there

Any villain that's talked into banging himself isn't that great imo. Especially over some "So I'm the bad guy? :mjcry: say it ain't so" shyt... Even Marvel villains ain't that weak. That was pretty much the defining moment of him just being the player's white whale.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
why do the reapers even need a leader :gucci: humanizing them was the dumbest shyt to happen in the entire franchise. they didn't need a face at all. if they never said shyt again after virmire/ilos in mass effect 1 the entire series would've been better for it.

like how in the world can you go from blowing through the entire citadel fleet and dropping a shyt on what's basically the center of civilized space to kidnapping colonists to make space terminator? :mjlol: that is complete nonsense and the transition forces you into every single trope in the sci-fi genre that you try to avoid. people wanted a syfy movie in mass effect 2 and they got it - then got mad.

All groups of villains no matter the medium always have a psuedo leader... it ALWAYS starts with one person...:beli: Always...:birdman:

I liked Mass Effect 2...:ld: There was a ton of dialouge cut out from harbinger when he first appeared stating that human DNA was fertile and more malleable than anything they had... and thus why they wanted to build a human/reaper hybrid. :ld: They should have went in depth about that but...:manny:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
should be overpowered, and ideally the finale of "ME3" would've been a galactic version of the suicide mission from 2.

Fred.
You hurting my feelings, now...thats a great idea...:wow:the series peak when u talked to Sovereign on Vermire, but, it was a high ass peak

• Dap

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Some of you guys are talking really reckless about the ME series. Yes it had its flaws and they botched the ending but it doesn't deserve some of the criticisms in this thread.