Anthem | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
its the most like ME1 compared to the sequels

people can complain about the exploration but at least it existed (and the rose tinted glasses on ME1's exploration is a joke too)

as ridiculous as ryder's come up is, its still not worse than shepard getting his shyt blown up, surviving all kinds of space radiation, going through reentry to crash on a frozen world, to be recovered by liara (who is a serial killer now, keep up), then handed off to the same group that wasn't even worth designing a skin for, to be essentially resurrected and given a blank check while being told to lay low and be discreet :dead:

as dumb as ryder's origin is yal not gonna be playing revisionist history on how absurd mass effect was from the jump

:wow: Man I remember dudes fighting me on the GT forums for that. I theorized hat we weren't playing the real Shepard because his return was fukkin' ridiculous. I can suspend disbelief for a lot of things in the series but dude was deader than dead and bringing the same person back with all the memories up to the point of his death :dwillhuh: after all of that is some high fantasy magic bullshyt.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I see a lot more Division in this game, or even Warframe for that matter than Destiny. Hate that every teammate looter shooter that comes out immediately gets called a Destiny clone when it hasn't been a game worth copying in about 5 years.

We shall call it "a less hordemode warframe with Diablo-like future division esque game" :troll:

All that to say, this ain't no destiny clone :beli::mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
At work and to pass time, in the background listening/watching ME1 game/movie (basically all the cut scenes and minimum gameplay)

Forgot how dope the music was in this game. That’s another think I felt wasn’t up to par with ME4, none of the soundtrack music themes felt epic

Shepherd was a REALLY good protagonist...... the Ryder’s were shyt

Martha

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wow: Man I remember dudes fighting me on the GT forums for that. I theorized hat we weren't playing the real Shepard because his return was fukkin' ridiculous. I can suspend disbelief for a lot of things in the series but dude was deader than dead and bringing the same person back with all the memories up to the point of his death :dwillhuh: after all of that is some high fantasy magic bullshyt.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything @42 Monks said....but none of that shyt mattered in real time.

We heard the news that Shepard would die in "ME2" months in advance....for them to do it in the opening minutes, then bring him back....people were hyped. HYPED.

"ME2" is flawed as fukk and hell, I've actually argued with people like @Easy-E in the past, that a lot of the problems in 3 actually started with 2....but god damn it I've been gaming since the early 80's and very few experiences equal the sheer excitement leading up to the release of "ME2". The internet (and SOHH specifically) went nuts when this trailer dropped:

Despite it's flaws I still consider it a GOAT level game.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This vid was 3hrs 45mins.

I leave work in a few and have about 15 mins left..... at the part where Shepherd returns to the Citidal for the final confrontation with Saren.

This game was extraordinary!!

Can’t wait till tomorrow when I watch ME2.

This is the GOAT franchise even with how flawed it was

I don’t think I enjoyed playing any other character more that Shepherd

Martha

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
We shall call it "a less hordemode warframe with Diablo-like future division esque game" :troll:

All that to say, this ain't no destiny clone :beli::mjlol:
What's it got in common with Destiny game play wise? Everything that differentiates player A from player B revolves around whatever gun they have a jump and a super. This seems to be focused a lot more on abilities, roles and team synergy. If you're saying Destiny defined the looter shooter genre then that's just foolish.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What's it got in common with Destiny game play wise? Everything that differentiates player A from player B revolves around whatever gun they have a jump and a super. This seems to be focused a lot more on abilities, roles and team synergy. If you're saying Destiny defined the looter shooter genre then that's just foolish.

Is there lootboxes is THIS game tho???:jbhmm:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

Your right, that's why Anthem can be compared to all those other shared world games except destiny.

Destiny is literally the only one you can't compare it to, but that's what folks been doing since it was announced.