Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The red pill manosphere is corny but there's a kernel of truth in the corniness (like with most things). Men have to improve themselves and go on a journey to get where they are. Women just have things handed to them. This is exactly the Mary Sue phenomenon with Rey and now all these new marvel heroes. They have no heroes journey. This is the female perspective. This basically explains exactly why all these heroes are written this way :manny: call me an incel if you want, if someone has another explanation im happy to hear it

:dead:SHE HULK ON DAY 1
REACHED A LEVEL
IT TOOK BRUCE DECADES TO REACH
BECAUSE SHE DEALS WITH CAT CALLING.

:devil:
:evil:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really can't stand the obvious pushing of these younger heroes to replace the OGs. disney is about as subtle as an elephant in a china shop about them all being female, too

if you want to be feminists and want equality, it doesn't mean you kill off men to do it

i was frustrated by riri williams and cassie in BP2 and this film because they literally come out of nowhere and are super geniuses capable of beating up threats to their lives

tony stark was trapped in a cave and had to think his way out and risked his life in a meaningful way. captain america lost his life and was MIA for 70 years. thor lost his home, his dad, mom, and brother to learn how not to be so arrogant.

im genuinely asking: what did these new heroes do to be avengers or be on the same level as the OGs carrying/mentoring them? the only one that seemed realistic was America Chavez. she's a teenager that is genuinely lost about wtf to do with her powers and how to get her parents back. she relies on Dr Strange.

Other than her, we get a bunch of kids who are super genuises and know how to fight out the gate. Kate Bishop is bytch slapping King Pin, a dude who Daredevil barely beat, like its nothing. Cassie is a quantum physicist, apparently. Riri Williams just develops Wakandan tech like its nothing in metallurgy class. and we're just supposed to be like, yeah no that makes sense. After seeing all the shyt the OG avengers went through??
Been trying to tell nikkas for years :francis: the "y'all just hate women" is inevitable. Shyt it happened in this very thread:mjlol:

I stopped being disappointed by the MCU once I realized that at the end of the day this shyt is made by Disney, and above all, Disney is for girls. Once you understand that none of their decisions will surprise or disappoint you

There's a fundamental difference in the way stories are told to whichever gender and that's where the conflict of interest inevitably arrives

Stories told for boys=Look at you, you ain't shyt. Why don't you get off yo ass and go become something. Bytch ass nikka you disgust me:scust:. Then the protagonist goes and becomes greater than the nothing he was. This is the hero's journey

Stories told for girls=You are really beautiful and/or smart but the world doesn't seem to get it. You're often misunderstood. But eventually someone will come along and show you you're perfect just the way you are. This is the skeleton of every romance/girlboss story

This is obviously a conflict of interest:pachaha: I mentioned the exact Riri issue in the Wakanda Forever thread. We saw Tony build a suit out of nothing on a hard time limit at the threat of death with a car battery for a heart. Riri just builds Iron Man suits because of course she does she's incredible right?

The conflict in stories for boys is their incompetence. The conflict in stories for girls is the incompetence of everyone else

Men and boys need stories that show them overcoming odds and forcing themselves to become better. How many times did we see Tony reluctantly abandon his own self interest to try to save everyone? On the other end these Mary Sue strong women characters are often self serving and a$$holes because these writers think these are inherently masculine traits that you can just tack onto females. This shyt is clearly not the case(the only exception here is Kate Bishop ironically)

The biggest irony of it all is women don't even like these characters. Women want to see the same superheroes men do. And that's not saying you can't have female characters but you can't write a male character with titties and think you'll get over. It's far more nuanced than that. And if you wanna be a hero, yo ass need to get beat up and take some real Ls for an audience to respect you

I mentioned a few pages ago that Kill Bill is my favorite movie. We see The Bride go through hell trying to accomplish her goal. The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique don't hit the same if we didn't see the hard ass training Pai Mei put her through

But again once you see that Disney is for girls and that they clearly don't have any idea how to communicate to boys nothing else they do will ever surprise you

Sidenote: The Devil Wears Prada manages to tell both a male and female journey story and that shyt is brilliant

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

The biggest irony of it all is women don't even like these characters. Women want to see the same superheroes men do. And that's not saying you can't have female characters but you can't write a male character with titties and think you'll get over. It's far more nuanced than that. And if you wanna be a hero, yo ass need to get beat up and take some real Ls for an audience to respect you
And it's crazy when you think about it more...movies already have strong female characters like Sarah Connor and Ripley, and to a lesser extent Laurie strode...and for the most part they're celebrated.

These super heroines been ass...especially bytches like Rey "Skywalker"

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been trying to tell nikkas for years :francis: the "y'all just hate women" is inevitable. Shyt it happened in this very thread:mjlol:

I stopped being disappointed by the MCU once I realized that at the end of the day this shyt is made by Disney, and above all, Disney is for girls. Once you understand that none of their decisions will surprise or disappoint you

There's a fundamental difference in the way stories are told to whichever gender and that's where the conflict of interest inevitably arrives

Stories told for boys=Look at you, you ain't shyt. Why don't you get off yo ass and go become something. Bytch ass nikka you disgust me:scust:. Then the protagonist goes and becomes greater than the nothing he was. This is the hero's journey

Stories told for girls=You are really beautiful and/or smart but the world doesn't seem to get it. You're often misunderstood. But eventually someone will come along and show you you're perfect just the way you are. This is the skeleton of every romance/girlboss story

This is obviously a conflict of interest:pachaha: I mentioned the exact Riri issue in the Wakanda Forever thread. We saw Tony build a suit out of nothing on a hard time limit at the threat of death with a car battery for a heart. Riri just builds Iron Man suits because of course she does she's incredible right?

The conflict in stories for boys is their incompetence. The conflict in stories for girls is the incompetence of everyone else

Men and boys need stories that show them overcoming odds and forcing themselves to become better. How many times did we see Tony reluctantly abandon his own self interest to try to save everyone? On the other end these Mary Sue strong women characters are often self serving and a$$holes because these writers think these are inherently masculine traits that you can just tack onto females. This shyt is clearly not the case(the only exception here is Kate Bishop ironically)

I mentioned a few pages ago that Kill Bill is my favorite movie. We see The Bride go through hell trying to accomplish her goal. The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique don't hit the same if we didn't see the hard ass training Pai Mei put her through

But again once you see that Disney is for girls and that they clearly don't have any idea how to communicate to boys nothing else they do will ever surprise you

Sidenote: The Devil Wears Prada manages to tell both a male and female journey story and that shyt is brilliant
damn, cant rep you. but this deserves one. well said.

i hate that men being critical of female characters is somehow misogynist. demanding they be well-written and multi-dimensional is literally, and ironically, a feminist argument. criticizing them for not being so...is a valid, feminist, argument.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And it's crazy when you think about it more...movies already have strong female characters like Sarah Connor and Ripley, and to a lesser extent Laurie strode...and for the most part they're celebrated.

These super heroines been ass...especially bytches like Rey "Skywalker"
And these characters are the gold standard of why you can tell stories with strong women without lazily trying to make them men

Aliens did this masterfully because although Ripley is tough and don't fukk around when you really break down the plot that movie is about motherhood

Sarah Connor is one of the GOAT character transformations. She started off as a regular happy go lucky white girl:mjlol: but her circumstances forced her to become greater than what she was, even at the cost of her "sanity". She wasn't tough just because. She became tough because she had no other choice

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this is 100% spot on. these movies are absolutely being written for women the same way soap operas are written for women. 90% of Netflix content is for women now (especially single professional women). women face adversity in these shows, but the adversity is always in the form of some kind of trauma or gaslighting or people not recognizing how amazing they are. wandavision is the classic example of this--wanda is TRAUMATIZED, who gives a fukk about the town she has under mind control, its about HER trauma (the writers even said in an interview that they didn't even want to have a villain originally)

there's nothing wrong with having this kind of media targeted for females, but when you mix this with traditional male dominance/leadership which itself is usually a product of true sacrifice and redemption, the result is :dahell:and neither male nor female viewers are happy (women like traditionally masculine characters too, surprise surprise, which is why they are blatantly imitating them)

the psy op is so clear at this point. they want to say that any difference in trajectory, starting point, result is all socially constructed. ironically they are shytting on the female experience by saying its inferior and needs to imitate the male experience.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yeah...because he is well written. The current crop of heroines are not. That's my exact point.

Yeah...because he is written like that [IN THE COMICS] and they are spidey's defining attributes [IN THE COMICS].

The current crop of heroines are not written like that [IN THE COMICS] and it is not their defining attribute [IN THE COMICS].

That's my exact point.

Spider man films are about him growing up/growing pains BECAUSE that is what the spider-man comics were essentially about.

The same is not true of the others in phase 4 (with a few exceptions like ms. marvel)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
this is 100% spot on. these movies are absolutely being written for women the same way soap operas are written for women. 90% of Netflix content is for women now (especially single professional women). women face adversity in these shows, but the adversity is always in the form of some kind of trauma or gaslighting or people not recognizing how amazing they are. wandavision is the classic example of this--wanda is TRAUMATIZED, who gives a fukk about the town she has under mind control, its about HER trauma (the writers even said in an interview that they didn't even want to have a villain originally)

there's nothing wrong with having this kind of media targeted for females, but when you mix this with traditional male dominance/leadership which itself is usually a product of true sacrifice and redemption, the result is :dahell:and neither male nor female viewers are happy (women like traditionally masculine characters too, surprise surprise, which is why they are blatantly imitating them)

the psy op is so clear at this point.

:camby: they are just badly written ...

comics? trauma?

220px-XMen135.jpg

iu

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

IF DISNEY OWNED THE MCU FROM
THE JUMP THIS shyt WOULD
HAVE CRASHED AND BURNED...

ITS CLEAR THEY WERE HANDS OFF
DURING THE INFINITY SAGA SINCE
THEY JUMPED IN AFTER THE BALL
WAS ROLLING.

THEYVE CLEARLY BEEN
HANDS ON SINCE INFINITY WAR
AND DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING
HAS BEEN MID EVER SINCE.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the psy op is so clear at this point. they want to say that any difference in trajectory, starting point, result is all socially constructed. ironically they are shytting on the female experience by saying its inferior and needs to imitate the male experience.
I'm half and half with you on Wandavision because I believe Wandavision may be the greatest thing they've done

I won't go into all the reasons the show was brilliant, and yea I agree with most of your post but the key takeaway with Wanda is how much she was gaslighting HERSELF. The way Wanda was lying to a clearly terrified and confused Vision is :scust: :francis:

Where they ruined what could've been a front to back masterpiece is ending it with making Wanda a bigger victim than the people she terrorized, which is to be expected with white woman centered stories :francis:

So I'm fine with the show centering around Wanda's trauma, especially for how creatively and effectively they portrayed it, but they really pissed the bed with white woman protection blanket they threw on her at the end

#RememberWestview
#FreeHayward

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

This is absolutely spot on.
And kill bill is like my 4th favorite ever. I said once here that Beatrix Kiddo was the best heroine in movie history and had people reply saying she's not heroic, that she's on a revenge tour. I get that but she's one of the few women in movie history we see go thru A LEGIT HERO'S JOURNEY. QT makes us watch the rise, and see how she got ready for the battle. Same with oren ishii, hers wasn't heroic at all but you appreciated the foe she was because you saw her train and overcome the odds.

The Bride > every woman in comic movie history

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I never understood why Feige even green lit Ant Man as a movie franchise in the 1st place

I never gave a fukk about Ant Man ever

Its to the point now that even though I'm not feeling these last few movies I still have to go see these shyts just for continuity purposes only and that shyt sucks

The feeling of going to an MCU movie during the Infinity Saga was something I will never have again.

That shyt can't be replicated

I have resigned myself to this

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Not to sidetrack this thread, but please, for the love of God, bring this to TLR :ohlawd:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

IF DISNEY OWNED THE MCU FROM
THE JUMP THIS shyt WOULD
HAVE CRASHED AND BURNED...

ITS CLEAR THEY WERE HANDS OFF
DURING THE INFINITY SAGA SINCE
THEY JUMPED IN AFTER THE BALL
WAS ROLLING.

THEYVE CLEARLY BEEN
HANDS ON SINCE INFINITY WAR
AND DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING
HAS BEEN MID EVER SINCE.

Glad that people are finally seeing this.