Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The action sequences are ass.
The showcase of powers don't make the story more engaging
And the stories themselves are weak. Bad combo

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
-This boils down to white people keeping secrets for no damn reason. Janet could've easily said there's a warlord trapped down there trying to escape so don't send signals.

-Movie wasn't bad. Gotta add Kang to the list of characters I think are lame as fukk but actually like the movie version. Breh did his thing & beating Antman ass without the suit was a highlight. The ants overrunning him was whatever but you'd have to be an idiot to be mad at ants saving the day in a fukking Antman movie, especially since they were established in the beginning.

-My only real complaints are about Cassie, especially the MODOK "don't be a dikk" hero turn. I know this was her coming of age story but whatever.

-All in all I was entertained & I plan on watching it again.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
well..thats definitely not true since it introduced the eternals, shang chi, kate bishop, Yelena, Mobius, the tracksuit mafia, Agatha harkness, Zeus, Moon Knight, Monica Rambeau, Ms. Marvel, America Chavez, Riri williams, She Hulk, USAgent, Titania, The Entire TVA, Mrs. Minutes, He who remains, The concept of variants, Contessa, Gorr, i mean i could keep going and going but the problem is:

Most of it wasn't that good

they did their best to introduce stuff that would matter and build for the next gen but it just wasn't good enough and left you hungry for more after every meal...and not because it was so good
I thought you meant only heroes .. and i didnt mention most of those because i didnt see them as important.. (which proves your point).. and the other half i forgot.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i really can't stand the obvious pushing of these younger heroes to replace the OGs. disney is about as subtle as an elephant in a china shop about them all being female, too

if you want to be feminists and want equality, it doesn't mean you kill off men to do it

i was frustrated by riri williams and cassie in BP2 and this film because they literally come out of nowhere and are super geniuses capable of beating up threats to their lives

tony stark was trapped in a cave and had to think his way out and risked his life in a meaningful way. captain america lost his life and was MIA for 70 years. thor lost his home, his dad, mom, and brother to learn how not to be so arrogant.

im genuinely asking: what did these new heroes do to be avengers or be on the same level as the OGs carrying/mentoring them? the only one that seemed realistic was America Chavez. she's a teenager that is genuinely lost about wtf to do with her powers and how to get her parents back. she relies on Dr Strange.

Other than her, we get a bunch of kids who are super genuises and know how to fight out the gate. Kate Bishop is bytch slapping King Pin, a dude who Daredevil barely beat, like its nothing. Cassie is a quantum physicist, apparently. Riri Williams just develops Wakandan tech like its nothing in metallurgy class. and we're just supposed to be like, yeah no that makes sense. After seeing all the shyt the OG avengers went through??

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i really can't stand the obvious pushing of these younger heroes to replace the OGs. disney is about as subtle as an elephant in a china shop about them all being female, too

if you want to be feminists and want equality, it doesn't mean you kill off men to do it

i was frustrated by riri williams and cassie in BP2 and this film because they literally come out of nowhere and are super geniuses capable of beating up threats to their lives

tony stark was trapped in a cave and had to think his way out and risked his life in a meaningful way. captain america lost his life and was MIA for 70 years. thor lost his home, his dad, mom, and brother to learn how not to be so arrogant.

im genuinely asking: what did these new heroes do to be avengers or be on the same level as the OGs carrying/mentoring them? the only one that seemed realistic was America Chavez. she's a teenager that is genuinely lost about wtf to do with her powers and how to get her parents back. she relies on Dr Strange.

Other than her, we get a bunch of kids who are super genuises and know how to fight out the gate. Kate Bishop is bytch slapping King Pin, a dude who Daredevil barely beat, like its nothing. Cassie is a quantum physicist, apparently. Riri Williams just develops Wakandan tech like its nothing in metallurgy class. and we're just supposed to be like, yeah no that makes sense. After seeing all the shyt the OG avengers went through??
Great points

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

No one is an Avenger yet. They probably have more to go through?
And actually dating back to the first Antman Cassie has been thru a lot.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest

I don't recall that happening at all. He was tossing her around like a rag doll and breaking her toys, and then she survived by letting off a bomb at his feet. What version of Kingpin is supposed to just eat bomb explosions?:heh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't recall that happening at all. He was tossing her around like a rag doll and breaking her toys, and then she survived by letting off a bomb at his feet. What version of Kingpin is supposed to just eat bomb explosions?:heh:
Yeah, I thought she was getting her ass beat and then someone hit Kingpin with a car. Whatever the show wasn't good so I think that's more the complaint. Putting him in a wack series like Hawkeye and the optics of him losing as well.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Fans were shamed for calling Rey a Mary Sue when the star wars movies dropped, so you’re not hearing people speak on it now when its even worse. Cassie is ridiculous. We just accept these teenage girl prodigies are just inherently skilled while Peter parker has to learn how to be heroic over six films and has to have like 5 different mentors to learn leadership, skill, and discipline. Just the way it is now :francis:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Fans were shamed for calling Rey a Mary Sue when the star wars movies dropped, so you’re not hearing people speak on it now when its even worse. Cassie is ridiculous. We just accept these teenage girl prodigies are just inherently skilled while Peter parker has to learn how to be heroic over six films and has to have like 5 different mentors to learn leadership, skill, and discipline. Just the way it is now :francis:

peter parker is defined by failure, growing up and the trials of adolescence . it is a defining part of his character in the comics .

hence why you can do this: Marvel: Spider-Man's 10 Biggest Failures, Ranked

and have: Growing Pains

etc

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Good Lord:mjlol: again nikkas blaming EVERYTHING but the shytty product. You're overestimating the fukk out of them nikkas magnitude and reach

Your argument doesn't make sense because the numbers don't even justify it. The "YouTube hate train" nikkas don't even do the most numbers. As far as comic movie YouTube ecosystem goes the nikkas doing the best numbers are theory and information channels

What y'all miss when you bring up MCU haters is the fact that most of them nikkas are ex stans :francis: Nikkas ain't shytting on Marvel out of the blue. They saw an entity they loved turn to shyt and are disappointed by it. Simply dismissing it as a hate train, hell PRIORITIZING the hate train much like you did with this list ignores that fact

Look at a random MCU thread from 4-6 years back. Plenty of posters that are "haters" now were praising the likes of Black Panther, Infinity War, Spider Man Homecoming, and even Ant Man 2 back then, while saying "DC is no more and not a competitor."

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I thought she was getting her ass beat and then someone hit Kingpin with a car. Whatever the show wasn't good so I think that's more the complaint. Putting him in a wack series like Hawkeye and the optics of him losing as well.
i was being hyperbolic; of course she didnt bytch slap him. but the point was that even fighting him was random and unearned. the series spent 90% of the time focusing on some organization, the growth of kate, and attempting to paint her mom's boyfriend as the villain. then the last episode is her fighting king pin randomly.

again, daredevil had beef with kingpin, there was a history that led to them fighting brutally. kate bishop fought him because her mom was being blackmailed and used by him or some dumb shyt. he was in the hawkeye series for less than whopping 10 minutes.

there's more than just an 8 year difference between these two scenes. if you watch both shows, you understand the significant difference in the meaning of these fights. that's my point. what did kate bishop do to fight king pin? how did she even get up after he tossed her around once? matt murdoch has literal battle scars before he even fought king pin. where are kate's?

i don't mind if disney wants younger, female heroes and leads. but just use the same formula for them as the male leads, its not that fukking hard.

kate bishop took karate classes and is a world champion, show that. show how she trained to get to this level. show her archery achievements and how tough it was to get to even a fraction of hawkeye. all we ever get of that is in the intro credits for the show....as animation. that's shytty writing and won't make an audience feel attached to that character. its part of why people didnt fukk with hawkeye and widow so much; they didnt know their origins or how they became who they are. they only got sprinkles of that during the films.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The red pill manosphere is corny but there's a kernel of truth in the corniness (like with most things). Men have to improve themselves and go on a journey to get where they are. Women just have things handed to them. This is exactly the Mary Sue phenomenon with Rey and now all these new marvel heroes. They have no heroes journey. This is the female perspective. This basically explains exactly why all these heroes are written this way :manny: call me an incel if you want, if someone has another explanation im happy to hear it

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
The red pill manosphere is corny but there's a kernel of truth in the corniness (like with most things). Men have to improve themselves and go on a journey to get where they are. Women just have things handed to them. This is exactly the Mary Sue phenomenon with Rey and now all these new marvel heroes. They have no heroes journey. This is the female perspective. This basically explains exactly why all these heroes are written this way :manny: call me an incel if you want, if someone has another explanation im happy to hear it
Whats funny is this simple minded, horse-shyt writing to "promote women's rights" is demeaning to actual women, and only resonates with children...and morons. If the goal is to promote women, why do it in such a thoughtless, profit-driven way? ....unless, of course, profit is the only motive.
No way Disney would manipulate a political message to make money, though. No way...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734