Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

IF DISNEY OWNED THE MCU FROM
THE JUMP THIS shyt WOULD
HAVE CRASHED AND BURNED...

ITS CLEAR THEY WERE HANDS OFF
DURING THE INFINITY SAGA SINCE
THEY JUMPED IN AFTER THE BALL
WAS ROLLING.

THEYVE CLEARLY BEEN
HANDS ON SINCE INFINITY WAR
AND DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING
HAS BEEN MID EVER SINCE.
:devil:
:evil:

CLEARLY hands off:pachaha:

They got us good with the first 3 phases and had more male consumers than Disney has probably ever had. And those male consumers brought their girlfriends to the movies and they both enjoyed them together

Now we're in phase 4 where the men are being ridiculed for being men on top of trash thrown together scripts and plots and the men aren't going anymore. And the women that went with the men aren't going either

Word of mouth is more than what you tell your friends about. It's about the shyt you and your spouse choose to watch as well

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: Y’all really hate women.
:mjlol: But seriously….the amount of “you just hate women/you’re an incel”. That be thrown around. Every time a man critiques any female characters. In any form of media is crazy. Asking for T’challa, the main character of HIS franchise. To be recasted for BP2. Means you hate women, especially black women. Having an opinion about that She-Hulk show. Makes you a right-wing incel. Not to say those dudes doesn’t exist. Speaking of She-Hulk she wasn’t even. The main selling point of her show. It was Daredevil lol.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'm half and half with you on Wandavision because I believe Wandavision may be the greatest thing they've done

I won't go into all the reasons the show was brilliant, and yea I agree with most of your post but the key takeaway with Wanda is how much she was gaslighting HERSELF. The way Wanda was lying to a clearly terrified and confused Vision is :scust: :francis:

Where they ruined what could've been a front to back masterpiece is ending it with making Wanda a bigger victim than the people she terrorized, which is to be expected with white woman centered stories :francis:

So I'm fine with the show centering around Wanda's trauma, especially for how creatively and effectively they portrayed it, but they really pissed the bed with white woman protection blanket they threw on her at the end

#RememberWestview
#FreeHayward
I was team Hayward from the jump :pachaha:
Dudes were like BUT HE BROKE THE SARKOVIA ACCORDS :damn:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It's her show. Know the terrain.
:wtf:
Walter White deserved to get caught/killed, Tony Soprano deserved to go down, McNulty deserved to be arrested....and the writers knew that, and were able to make that clear while also making them endearing to the audience. shyt, Civil War even left it up to the audience to decide if Cap was right or not.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
i really can't stand the obvious pushing of these younger heroes to replace the OGs. disney is about as subtle as an elephant in a china shop about them all being female, too

if you want to be feminists and want equality, it doesn't mean you kill off men to do it

i was frustrated by riri williams and cassie in BP2 and this film because they literally come out of nowhere and are super geniuses capable of beating up threats to their lives

tony stark was trapped in a cave and had to think his way out and risked his life in a meaningful way. captain america lost his life and was MIA for 70 years. thor lost his home, his dad, mom, and brother to learn how not to be so arrogant.

im genuinely asking: what did these new heroes do to be avengers or be on the same level as the OGs carrying/mentoring them? the only one that seemed realistic was America Chavez. she's a teenager that is genuinely lost about wtf to do with her powers and how to get her parents back. she relies on Dr Strange.

Other than her, we get a bunch of kids who are super genuises and know how to fight out the gate. Kate Bishop is bytch slapping King Pin, a dude who Daredevil barely beat, like its nothing. Cassie is a quantum physicist, apparently. Riri Williams just develops Wakandan tech like its nothing in metallurgy class. and we're just supposed to be like, yeah no that makes sense. After seeing all the shyt the OG avengers went through??

This is actually a really great post. 100% agree with you

Also the more I think about it, the less I like this movie