Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
how much of the MCUs downswing do you attribute to the quality of films vs the non-stop YouTube media hate train against it?

I'm not saying whether the YouTube train is justified or not...but I place most of the credit to them. They have been monetizing the hell out of hate ever since Captain Marvel.

Second place: The lack of marquee Marvel characters headlining the movies.

Third: The quality of the writing. It's not like phase 1-3 were all top tier movies.
It's on Marvel Studios at the end of the day. Their scripts have been rushed and not even finished before shooting. That's not ideal.

Sucks that it took until THIS film to be the breaking point. Hate it for Scott. Hell, I especially hate it for Thor after L&T. Those two characters are long-time vets getting the rook treatment in film production. As far as the media hate train goes, well...fatigue was inevitable and Marvel's complacency with the formula isn't sitting well with a lot of folks. Werewolf by Night was probably the most creative thing they've done lately and even that took some heavy convincing by Giacchino to film in B&W. They're not "done", but heads will be rolling for sure.

You got a point with the lack of marquee Marvel characters. The late Chadwick was right there after RDJ and Evans as a commanding presence and this whole saga is ripe for someone of his magnitude to take the lead. I'll let them cook but this is gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:unimpressed: For the bruhs who continue to say. That the mcu is failing because, they’re pushing “who” characters. Need to be real, the mainstream audience. Didn’t know who Iron Man, The GOTG, Thanos, Black Panther, and etc were before the mcu. Those characters became popular. Because of the actors who played them. Were likable and charismatic. The new characters of phase 4 & 5 are failing. Not because they’re “whos” but because. They’re either unlikely, boring, or both.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Phase 4 was the aftermath and didnt really introduce anybody new...
well..thats definitely not true since it introduced the eternals, shang chi, kate bishop, Yelena, Mobius, the tracksuit mafia, Agatha harkness, Zeus, Moon Knight, Monica Rambeau, Ms. Marvel, America Chavez, Riri williams, She Hulk, USAgent, Titania, The Entire TVA, Mrs. Minutes, He who remains, The concept of variants, Contessa, Gorr, i mean i could keep going and going but the problem is:

Most of it wasn't that good

they did their best to introduce stuff that would matter and build for the next gen but it just wasn't good enough and left you hungry for more after every meal...and not because it was so good

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
America Chavez
Riri Williams
Echo
Cassie Lang
etc.

All these new characters (at least in the MCU) are trash and it's unfortunate that they're forcing it on their female and minority characters so nobody can just say it's trash without being labeled a hater. So everyone just shuts up and Marvel gets no real feedback except the box office numbers.

They set Riri up for a lot of pain by juxtapositioning her with a character played by Robert Downey Jr. And all they gave her characterization was the thousandth sassy #girlboss who invents an iron man suit (or quantum realm portal) without a hint of trouble while yelling trendy millennial lines like "Let's gooooooo!!!!!".

I miss when they used to give those shytty writing choices to the men cause then everyone could call it out.
Nikkas finally waking up:russ:

Disney/Marvel doesn't use diversity as an umbrella, they use it as a shield to criticism. Nikkas could have legit criticisms about a project but are scared to say it with their chest because they don't wanna be called MAGA or an incel. We saw this shyt go into overdrive with Obi Wan and She Hulk

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:unimpressed: For the bruhs who continue to say. That the mcu is failing because, they’re pushing “who” characters. Need to be real, the mainstream audience. Didn’t know who Iron Man, The GOTG, Thanos, Black Panther, and etc were before the mcu. Those characters became popular. Because of the actors who played them. Were likable and charismatic. The new characters of phase 4 & 5 are failing. Not because they’re “whos” but because. They’re either unlikely, boring, or both.
People KNEW who all of the avengers were...they just weren't MOVIE TIER A-LISTERS before this. People knew who ironman, thor, hulk, and captain america were. They all had multiple TV shows, cartoons, and a history of toys. They weren't Spiderman or the X-Men, but they were known.

GOTG is an outlier, I agree, that was a success based on the buy-in people had for all things marvel, and how clever & unique it was. Same with Antman 1.

But look at the list I posted earlier
the eternals, shang chi, kate bishop, Yelena, Mobius, the tracksuit mafia, Agatha harkness, Zeus, Moon Knight, Monica Rambeau, Ms. Marvel, America Chavez, Riri williams, She Hulk, USAgent, Titania, The Entire TVA, Mrs. Minutes, He who remains, The concept of variants, Contessa, Gorr, i mean i could keep going and going but the problem is:
These are fukkin' jobbers. your shyt better BE GOOD word of mouthwise for that to be well recieved or successful because MOON KNIGHT was probably the best known of the lead characters I bolded above and his shyt bricked.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how much of the MCUs downswing do you attribute to the quality of films vs the non-stop YouTube media hate train against it?

I'm not saying whether the YouTube train is justified or not...but I place most of the credit to them. They have been monetizing the hell out of hate ever since Captain Marvel.

Second place: The lack of marquee Marvel characters headlining the movies.

Third: The quality of the writing. It's not like phase 1-3 were all top tier movies.
Good Lord:mjlol: again nikkas blaming EVERYTHING but the shytty product. You're overestimating the fukk out of them nikkas magnitude and reach

Your argument doesn't make sense because the numbers don't even justify it. The "YouTube hate train" nikkas don't even do the most numbers. As far as comic movie YouTube ecosystem goes the nikkas doing the best numbers are theory and information channels

What y'all miss when you bring up MCU haters is the fact that most of them nikkas are ex stans :francis: Nikkas ain't shytting on Marvel out of the blue. They saw an entity they loved turn to shyt and are disappointed by it. Simply dismissing it as a hate train, hell PRIORITIZING the hate train much like you did with this list ignores that fact

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People KNEW who all of the avengers were...they just weren't MOVIE TIER A-LISTERS before this. People knew who ironman, thor, hulk, and captain america were. They all had multiple TV shows, cartoons, and a history of toys. They weren't Spiderman or the X-Men, but they were known.

GOTG is an outlier, I agree, that was a success based on the buy-in people had for all things marvel, and how clever & unique it was. Same with Antman 1.

But look at the list I posted earlier

These are fukkin' jobbers. your shyt better BE GOOD word of mouthwise for that to be well recieved or successful because MOON KNIGHT was probably the best known of the lead characters I bolded above and his shyt bricked.
Not debating your overall point because I agree but Moon Knight actually did numbers

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you right tho. no one in phase 4 is restoring the feeling. the one exception will probably be kang, cuz I REALLY liked him and jonathan majors in that roll as this generation's thanos.

the NEWEST character that people really gravitated to is tom holland, and he came on the scene like 7 years ago at this point.
Nikka time don't be bullshyttin:wow:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
333398263_742466317502924_6555866301415706317_n.jpg