Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Will get computers putin in a few years
FpKSVU-XEAAPInk
:wow:

Man that’s CRAZY!!!!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the untalked about truth regarding the poor reviews.

Y'all really think an MCU movie that features a genius black conquering scientist as the primary antagonist and 4 heroines working together in non-submissive roles to the only two white heroes in the movie was gonna leave out of Rotten Tomatoes unscathed?

When Hank Pym had that line about a certain word that gets a bad rep, I knew this was gonna have an infinite amount of shyt reviews from the usual butt hurt alt-right nerd clowns crying about Marvel's wokeness and "agendas".
That's not necessarily true and we gotta be honest and have some nuance about these things

A huge oversight people tend to make when invoking race with these movies is the fact that powerful black male roles aren't scarce because Hollywood thinks they'll be hated. Powerful black male roles are rare because Hollywood knows they'll be loved. A LOT. Look at Killmonger's reception by everyone of every race despite him being a villian. Everyone loved him

Nick Fury was a cac for 50 years and now Nick Fury is Samuel L Jackson and that shyt was received with NO debate in the comics or films because that's how loved Samuel L Jackson is.

Racism doesn't exist because black people are hated, racism exists because of how loved and deified black people can be

Also keep in mind you're talking about media critics. I can assure you the last thing these media platforms want is black people mad at them, ESPECIALLY black people backed by a marvel movie. The bad critics scores for the MCU lately have been a huge shift because the media has been terrified of criticizing marvel at all for the last decade because they don't want to lose access to early reviews, movie premieres, and exclusive events. The fact that they're speaking up now speaks volumes

Not to mention that the only thing critics have been praising about the movie IS Major's performance. Major's is gonna break out from this role and is gonna be even more poppin when Creed 3 comes out.

Like I said in the recent marvel thread when it comes to the MCU nikkas want to talk around everything but the issue, which is the product itself. Review's aren't bad because of Major's, reviews are bad because the MCU template has gotten stale and way too comedic with no real stakes or compelling material.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Majors carried this movie. Although
There should've been consequences for Janet. She should've died
100%
her or Hank. the stakes were both entire universal timeline ending... but also, we lost a guy with a fukkin spotlight head and another dude who we thought was dead in the first movie that turned into a giant head with buttcheeks. The most emotional death in the Antman trilogy was Antony the fukkin ant... which would be fine if they kept the same tone through all 3, but this one was much heavier and something should have went down, especially if you're trying to sell a phase long villain

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yep. If it can happen to Queen Mother, it can happen to her
Thought at least either Hank or Janet were gonna bite the bullet. They’re lucky this wasn’t a Phase 4 drop, lol. Grief was so much of a central theme during the slate that it would’ve been even more hard for me to see them all coming back safely.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Noooo. Just no. They always using a good villain or character prematurely and ruining their story :snoop:
I don't think this version of him will be but i do believe Kang is still alive. He probably knew all this from the beginning and got sent to the 616 universe at the end by accident. Now we'll see him in the rest of the marvel movies. This post credit video was very informative.