Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This is the untalked about truth regarding the poor reviews.

Y'all really think an MCU movie that features a genius black conquering scientist as the primary antagonist and 4 heroines working together in non-submissive roles to the only two white heroes in the movie was gonna leave out of Rotten Tomatoes unscathed?

When Hank Pym had that line about a certain word that gets a bad rep, I knew this was gonna have an infinite amount of shyt reviews from the usual butt hurt alt-right nerd clowns crying about Marvel's wokeness and "agendas".
I don’t think it’s a racial issue. I feel like all marvel movies have been getting bad ratings over the past two years except for Spider-Man.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Also this a good point

And coli loved them some MOS.

Stop watching and worrying about critics that don’t look like you (unless you actually DO look like them) brehs

I mean check what this reviewer said

You can’t be serious lol

Eternals WAS mid

They're wrong about MoS though

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Majors is absolutely incredible holy shyt. More menacing than any MCU villian already but...
I wanted to see bodies drop. The other variants teamed up and banished him because he was a problem but he couldn't body no one in the ant family?
I mean he had the suit and a whole empire so he wasn't handicapped right? Do the others have better tech/different powers/more intelligence or is Kang just a strength in numbers ass nikka? (i'm not a comic reader). He looked strong almost all the way through but they kinda dropped the ball at the end to me. Didn't like Scott clowning at the end either, yeah Loki was shook in the post credits but Loki is always shook who cares.
I agree that Kang was a jobber by act 3 with no real reason why. Other than to lose to Ant-Man. He was handling shyt like a boss all movie, then he needed goons for a countdown to launch or whatever? And he was losing his cool? I literally said "what happened to you, fam?" out loud. Scott grew big and that fukked all Kang shyt up? Word? Foh. Kang shoulda hit a button on his armor and gave Scott big ass a heart attack or aneurysm or sumn. Not buying that final fight. Other than that I enjoyed the movie. ZERO expectations going in. Ant-Man 1 was a sleeper that is prob top 5 Marvel movies IMO. 2 was meh. This was better than 2 tho.
I don't understand CGI complaints. "Oh she looks fake when she runs while shrinking". Word? How does that shyt look in real life? "Modoks CGI face was so cringe!" Word? How do M.O.D.O.K.'s look in real life??

I thought dude was funny btw. I was :dead: when Scott said "Actually, it's ModoFk"

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm wondering if these Rotten tomatoes ratings are just done by trolls as this film does not warrant that rating.

I will say this however, the film is a bit off balance in the context of there are scenes and dialogue that did not need to be in this film accompanied by some of the humor that did not land.

When the film is dark that is when it is at it's best and I think that more of the dark elements were needed over the appeasing to those who wanted the lightheartedness and warmth.

KANG is a fukking menace and this is definitly the KANG show featuring Janet van Dyne.

All in all the movie is fine it just needed more :demonic:over the :dahell: scenes.

And for the record I'd turn her out!
images
qIN2dJq.png

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm wondering if these Rotten tomatoes rating are just done by trolls as this film does not warrant that rating.

I will say this however, the film is a bit off balance in the context of there are scenes and dialogue that did not need to be in this film accompanied by some of the humor that did not land.

When the film is dark that is when it is at it's best and I think that more of the dark elements were needed over the appeasing to those who wanted the lightheartedness and warmth.

KANG is a fukking menace and this is definitly the KANG show featuring Janet van Dyne.

All in all the movie is fine it just needed more :demonic:over the :dahell: scenes.

And for the record I'd turn her out!
images
qIN2dJq.png
When Kang's goons arrived shorty was like "YOU LED THEM RIGHT TO US!! Scott shoulda been like "No bytch you CAPTURED us and brought us here!!"

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Saw this movie last night and this was NOT the worst MCU movie by any means. But it certainly wasn’t the best either. However I did find myself entertained by the movie. This was WAY better than than the 2nd Ant-Man movie I can tell you that.

Jonathan Majors was the MVP and he was perfect casting for Kang. He came off extremely menacing and he demanded your attention as soon as his presence was shown on screen. Hopefully we will see more of THIS version of Kang because he really gave off that Thanos energy.

There were some low points for me when it came to the Modak character because he really wasn’t needed. He came off WAAAY to much like a goofball and he felt like a waste of space.

Cassie’s character was kinda just there too. No real development or nothing. What you saw in the trailer is pretty much what you get in the film.

There were also certain points of the movie where it just got TOO silly :russ: Especially with how the ants helped them during the final battle which had me like :mjlol: but personally for me I just enjoyed the fukkery :blessed:

But the ending of the movie being very inconsequential for the characters.

Sure they “defeated” Kang, but I was thinking that Scott and Hope were both going to be stuck in the Quantum Realm and Cassie was going to spend a few movies or a Disney+ show finding ways to get them back. But nah…she just fixed the issue right there and brought them back with the quickness which I felt was a cop out.

When it comes to the post credit endings.

I mean it pretty much sets up “Kang Dynasty” and season 2 of Loki.

But overall critics were dunking on the film for no damn reason. Because this was FAR from the worst MCU movie.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just got out....:patrice:
Better than half the phase 4 movies
too much green screen running:beli:

Knowing that Thanos existed and being blipped her damn self, Janet failed to mention the existence of a multiversal threat :patrice:

Dialogue was cringe at some points ("our word is our bond"..."don't be a dikk", "I'm not a dikk"...):scust:

Darren's face :scusthov:

How did the ants experience time different than the humans? :jbhmm:

Kang :damn: menace :damn:...but without his suit, he's just a man, put the beats on Scott :damn:is he Kang Prime?

After credits saved this movie :banderas:
KANG IS EVERYWHERE EVERY TIME :damn:
Janet was definitely a dummy for coming back, learning about Thanos and NOT telling Scott or the Avengers about Kang which is a MULTIVERSAL THREAT

The Ants went through the wormhole but they got sent through different time warps where time functions differently, and they were already smart to begin with, but those thousands of years allowed them to evolve and progress technologically