Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
This is what they used to do. None of the captain america movies follow a specific formula.

I think MarveL has gotten to that point where they really believe they're too big to fail. They know we're gonna watch the movies even if they're mid so they're making them mid. Not realizing that it's only because there is no competition.

But once Flashpoint drops, that's gonna give them a swift kick in the ass. If DC can make a movie with a sex cult leading minor molesting literal fxggot a success, marvel is in trouble. They resurrected RDJ career from being a troubled alcoholic but that will pare in comparison if DC resurrects Ezra.
:mjlol: Flashpoint literally looks likes a Marvel movie. Right down to the humor lol. Especially No Way Home, both movies are relying on nostalgia.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how much Chapek had to do with these middling films. He wasn't like Perlmutter interfering with Feige and the MCU productions. A change will definitely come though.
People don't realize that Chapek was fired mostly for his mishandling of Disney world

Placing blame on him for the MCU is exactly like blaming a current President for issues created by the previous administration

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is what they used to do. None of the captain america movies follow a specific formula.

I think MarveL has gotten to that point where they really believe they're too big to fail. They know we're gonna watch the movies even if they're mid so they're making them mid. Not realizing that it's only because there is no competition.

But once Flashpoint drops, that's gonna give them a swift kick in the ass.

Agreed. And while it's easy to point out the :francis: DC joints, people (those with agendas especially) ignore the succesful and good ones they've had.

If DC can make a movie with a sex cult leading minor molesting literal fxggot a success, marvel is in trouble.
:laff:

Still trying to figure out how they are going to market and do promo with Ezra.

Gonna have him on the red carpet like

d_bw-ums10302_b-600x600.jpg

They resurrected RDJ career from being a troubled alcoholic but that will pare in comparison if DC resurrects Ezra.

you ain't lyin on dat one

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Well, here's one problem: The writer for this films only other credentials were writing one episode of The Office and he was a bigtime writer for Jimmy Kimmel.

Hey Disney, don't pick someone just because he's a writer for a shytty show on a network that you own. Plus, Jimmy Kimmel can kick rocks. :camby:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Sounds like Korey didn’t take kindly to the usage of The Volume in this. Some projects can utilize it well like the first season of Mando or The Batman, but he referenced Obi-Wan and that’s one of the first shows to pop to mind as one that just could not do it justice. Them chase scenes were ridiculous.

I see Martin also had his issues with M.O.D.O.K. I don’t think there’s any other way to not portray M.O.D.O.K’s appearance as ridiculous though. Comic realm, cartoon realm, live-action realm…it’s gonna look whacky. He’s capable of having menacing shots here and there, but he’s still a fukkin’ floating head at the end of the day. :russ:

Can’t wait to dive into this tomorrow though.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
lotta folks started watching every flick just to see the Infinity war lead up if we being real. We took this mentality into Phase 4 and this why its been ass.

The Marvel Knights offerings on Netflix were arguably better overall than 80% of the movies :yeshrug:

Them shyts were pretty good overall.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I see Martin also had his issues with M.O.D.O.K. I don’t think there’s any other way to not portray M.O.D.O.K’s appearance as ridiculous though. Comic realm, cartoon realm, live-action realm…it’s gonna look whacky. He’s capable of having menacing shots here and there, but he’s still a fukkin’ floating head at the end of the day. :russ:

Yeah, you woulda had to have MODOK murkin mufukkaz like Rambo and shyt to remove those initial thoughts of how he looks.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like Korey didn’t take kindly to the usage of The Volume in this. Some projects can utilize it well like the first season of Mando or The Batman, but he referenced Obi-Wan and that’s one of the first shows to pop to mind as one that just could not do it justice. Them chase scenes were ridiculous.

I actually just googled to see if you can see MODOK's face in the movie and some photos leaked online.

If you guys want to see check the spoiler but I don't like it.

Nahh I don't like the bald look. He looks like Humpty Dumpty.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
People don't realize that Chapek was fired mostly for his mishandling of Disney world

Placing blame on him for the MCU is exactly like blaming a current President for issues created by the previous administration
It reminds me when cnbc had a guy on there complaining about marvel phase 4 when discussing the stock :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean if it’s bad it’s bad
I’ll wait to see how it is personally though

this.

I don't think it'll be bad since the reviews have been consistent that Majors killed it.

It's not too often that a comic book movie with a great villain depiction is mid. They're usually the best ones.

That's what makes me :snoop:

Def gonna peep a matinee tho just to support him.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I actually just googled to see if you can see MODOK's face in the movie and some photos leaked online.

If you guys want to see check the spoiler but I don't like it.

Nahh I don't like the bald look. He looks like Humpty Dumpty.

you gotta be shyttin' me
giphy.webp

:dead:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Well, here's one problem: The writer for this films only other credentials were writing one episode of The Office and he was a bigtime writer for Jimmy Kimmel.

Hey Disney, don't pick a someone just because he's a writer for a shytty show on a network that you own. Plus, Jimmy Kimmel can kick rocks. :camby:

Yeah Feige screwed up badly on this. You need people who can actually write and have an extensive history of it. Not random cacs that someone is probably friends with.

But even with that this script shouldn't have gotten past the first draft without significant re-writes.

And hopefully this gives them the wakeup call that Lucasfilms received when their Star Wars films started flopping after they kept ignoring their fans criticisms.