Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
honestly Phase 4 was ass because
1.The planted Kang in Loki and never touched on it again
2.The did a poor job getting us to care about the Thunderbolts tie in.
3.The Multiverse stuff they did touch on wasn't really painted in the context of Kang so if you didn't see Loki you wouldn't think hard enough to tie the two together.
4.Anything that didn't mention Multiverse or Thunderbolts tie in = fukking useless lol
To me them not following up on Loki is where they dropped the ball. As good as No Way Home was you should have had some kinda obvious Kang influence. And Multiverse of Madness needed to be Kang's first film appearance imo. Even if Strange didnt really know who he was.

I just saw one of the post credit scenes. And the tone in one of them is very different for the other. Im not going to post the vid but the tone is perfect. Primarily cause its
a direct scene out of Loki

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
To me them not following up on Loki is where they dropped the ball. As good as No Way Home was you should have had some kinda obvious Kang influence. And Multiverse of Madness needed to be Kang's first film appearance imo. Even if Strange didnt really know who he was.

I just saw one of the post credit scenes. And the tone in one of them is very different for the other. Im not going to post the vid but the tone is perfect. Primarily cause its

exactly NWH and MoM not mentioning/hinting at Kang was nonsensical. You can't start saying now Ant Man is the start of all roads leading to Kang when you already did this in Loki and then abandoned it. shyt even in Wandavision.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

The lackluster reviews are complaining shyt is too much about past movies and setting up future ones. So this "Kang wasn't mentioned enough" is uniquely your complaint. Most want self contained stories, the references are getting too much and exhausting it seems for most not the other way around.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:At this point I’m just watching. To see Major’s performance. At least he’s getting praised, and wasn’t reduced to a joke. Marvel been lost their juice. Not to say every movie, before End Game was heat. But they weren’t this mediocre. Almost every show, and movie from the MCU. After End Game has been just bad, or mediocre.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:yeshrug:At this point I’m just watching. To see Major’s performance. At least he’s getting praised, and wasn’t reduced to a joke. Marvel been lost their juice. Not to say every movie, before End Game was heat. But they weren’t this mediocre. Almost every show, and movie from the MCU. After End Game has been just bad, or mediocre.

I literally stopped watching the shows on ep 3 or 4 of Hawkeye. And Eternals was a struggle to finish in Dolby lmfao

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Before End Game, most were mid/solid at best if we being honest.

Mid At Best
========
1st 2 Thors
Last 2 Ironmans
1st Cap
Incredible Hulk
Captain Marvel
Avengers 1 & 2 (1 gets a pass because of the buildup payoff and i have no issue with that)
Antman 1&2
Dr Strange

Good To Great
===============
Endgame (last 30 minutes saved the first 2 hours)
Thor 3 (still a lil too corny to me, but most loved it)
Last 2 Caps (2 of the top 5 MCU films with Winter Solder still the best IMO)
1st Ironman
Guardians 1&2
Black Panther
Spidey 1&2
Infinity War

Daps
nikkas haven't even seen the movie and already complaining :mjlol:

I admit that sometimes I troll a tad bit in these discussions cause I enjoy the comic book movie cultural debates. But I am serious about this movie though :ufdup:

It's gonna be a mid fest, I'm calling it now. Marvel is really dropping the ball. DC is gonna surpass them if they ain't careful.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I admit that sometimes I troll a tad bit in these discussions cause I enjoy the comic book movie cultural debates. But I am serious about this movie though :ufdup:

It's gonna be a mid fest, I'm calling it now. Marvel is really dropping the ball. DC is gonna surpass them if they ain't careful.

They really need to work on diversifying their tones and ranges of their offerings. Too many characters not to. Trying to stick to a formula too much.

Daps
They really need to work on diversifying their tones and ranges of their offerings. Too many characters not to. Trying to stick to a formula too much.

This is what they used to do. None of the captain america movies follow a specific formula.

I think MarveL has gotten to that point where they really believe they're too big to fail. They know we're gonna watch the movies even if they're mid so they're making them mid. Not realizing that it's only because there is no competition.

But once Flashpoint drops, that's gonna give them a swift kick in the ass. If DC can make a movie with a sex cult leading minor molesting literal fxggot a success, marvel is in trouble. They resurrected RDJ career from being a troubled alcoholic but that will pare in comparison if DC resurrects Ezra.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Before End Game, most were mid/solid at best if we being honest.

Mid At Best
========
1st 2 Thors
Last 2 Ironmans
1st Cap
Incredible Hulk
Captain Marvel
Avengers 1 & 2 (1 gets a pass because of the buildup payoff and i have no issue with that)
Antman 1&2
Dr Strange

Good To Great
===============
Endgame (last 30 minutes saved the first 2 hours)
Thor 3 (still a lil too corny to me, but most loved it)
Last 2 Caps (2 of the top 5 MCU films with Winter Solder still the best IMO)
1st Ironman
Guardians 1&2
Black Panther
Spidey 1&2
Infinity War

lotta folks started watching every flick just to see the Infinity war lead up if we being real. We took this mentality into Phase 4 and this why its been ass.