Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
So...the post Endgame parade of garbage is continuing, it seems?
Disappointing.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not gonna judge until after watching this but Phase 4 exposed plenty chinks in the MCU armor. That X-Men/Fantastic 4 stimulus package seems to be coming at the right time.

Daps
Nxggas was really putting their hopes and dreams in a frickin Ant Man movie, which is wild and hilarious when you think about it. The other 2 installations in the series were okay at best, booty butt cheeks and complete and utter trash at the worst, and folks was still looking at Ant Man 3 as being the savior of the MCU.

Ant Man writers and directors and producers sitting there like :ld: as they read some of these comments on the internet. They didn't know they had all this pressure on them. They was just planning another mid installation as the latest in a series of mid movies.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
damn so even with a kang stimulus, the ant man movies still some average shyt huh. Shame. Welp i'll just wait on the D+ drop. Whats crazy is ant man is corny with cool-ish powers in the comics but all of his movies have been just entertaining. Nothing that wows u even the least bit. This is why i have no faith in a fantastic four movie. They corny with corny powers but they have the best villains so u gotta have em smh
i wish we could have seen the Edgar Wright directed Ant-Man movie. These films didn't have a director creative enough to really bring Ant Man's powers to life.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm kind of surprised by people downplaying the original Ant Man movie. I really liked that one and I have watched it multiple times. Out of the two Marvel movies that came out in 2015: Ant Man > Avengers: Age of Ultron. Different strokes, different folks though. :manny: Ant Man and the Wasp is :skip: status though.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm kind of surprised by people downplaying the original Ant Man movie. I really liked that one and I have watched it multiple times. Out of the two Marvel movies that came out in 2015: Ant Man > Avengers: Age of Ultron. Different strokes, different folks though. :manny:
I really enjoyed the 1st one to. The second was not good tho.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Y'all aren't about to blame Certified Scapegoat Chapek and a black male executive for this slate of mid movies and television shows. Chapek was CEO for two years, a lot of the recent MCU releases were pitched and planned well before his tenure, i.e. when Iger was still in charge. Chapek and Daniels were not interfering with the MCU creative process and trying to undermine Feige like Perlmutter was. A lot of people took issue with Daniels' division restructuring (:mjpls:), perhaps Feige included, but if Chapek and/or Daniels were directly involved in decision making that turned Phase 4 into Phase Bore it would have been huge news, particularly after they got the boot.

Chapek and Daniels were not sitting with Feige plotting out the minute details of Phase 4. Now I will concede that Daniels may have leaned on Feige and crew to fast track some MCU streaming schlock for Disney+ which could lead to a lack of quality in presentation but I don't think the stories underpinning the shows would have been any better with Iger in charge.

The reality is that the "MCU formula" was getting long in the tooth near the end of Phase 3. With Phase 4 seemingly lacking in cohesion and just good stories in general the formula was no longer able to stand up to the increasing scrutiny and criticism. Now I do think that some of the critics have been a bit more harsh on the recent MCU product due to a lack of overall quality with the entirety of the phase, fatigue with the MCU in general and increased culture war BS. If Quantamania opened phase 4 or was at least near the beginning of it I think it would have been received a lot better.

honestly Phase 4 was ass because
1.The planted Kang in Loki and never touched on it again
2.The did a poor job getting us to care about the Thunderbolts tie in.
3.The Multiverse stuff they did touch on wasn't really painted in the context of Kang so if you didn't see Loki you wouldn't think hard enough to tie the two together.
4.Anything that didn't mention Multiverse or Thunderbolts tie in = fukking useless lol

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Nxggas was really putting their hopes and dreams in a frickin Ant Man movie, which is wild and hilarious when you think about it. The other 2 installations in the series were okay at best, booty butt cheeks and complete and utter trash at the worst, and folks was still looking at Ant Man 3 as being the savior of the MCU.

Ant Man writers and directors and producers sitting there like :ld: as they read some of these comments on the internet. They didn't know they had all this pressure on them. They was just planning another mid installation as the latest in a series of mid movies.

The director said that his movie was an Avengers level movie with Ant-Man but without the avengers. :francis: So he put himself into this situation.

Because if Kang is that dangerous then why is it just Ant-Man and his group fighting him and not the Avengers?

Because even when Loki attacked NYC in the 1st Avengers movie, the actual Avengers showed up to handle him because he was that dangerous.

But Kang only has to face Ant Man and his crew?

And Feige should have checked the script for this early on and told them to keep working on it until they got it right.

Because this isn't a matter of some subtle problems. This is a fundamental problem with how Kang was introduced and fought by Ant Man and everyone else.

Last edited: