Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Double Toasted
Korey hated it but wanted to be nice and gave it rental. He said its a D+ show. Too much comedy outside of Majors.
Martin didn't hate it as much and was going to give it a matinee but agreed with Korey about it belonging on D+ and just watch it there.

Last edited:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Currently 53% on RT. :francis:

So at this point they need to put aside their cac egos and write Kang in a compelling way because otherwise their future film plans aren't going to work.

cosmic wonder said Kang was great but the overall story was boring, convoluted and didn't make you care about any of the characters. Also not enough of Kang fighting and you don't really see enough of his true power

apparently the mid-credits scene is FIRE and better than the damn movie. i need them spoilers cuz i dont feel like waiting til May for the disney+ drop

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
the same writer for this is set to write Kang Dynasty :why:

tenor.gif

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
damn so even with a kang stimulus, the ant man movies still some average shyt huh. Shame. Welp i'll just wait on the D+ drop. Whats crazy is ant man is corny with cool-ish powers in the comics but all of his movies have been just entertaining. Nothing that wows u even the least bit. This is why i have no faith in a fantastic four movie. They corny with corny powers but they have the best villains so u gotta have em smh

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Wrong.

His chain of command, in particular Kareem Daniel was interfering with a drive to create new content. One strategic reason for this was Disney+ and the desire to create content for that.

Daniel was removed as soon as Chapek was gone.

"Disney Dismisses Chapek Deputy Kareem Daniel As Bob Iger Puts “Decision-Making Back In The Hands Of Our Creative Teams

By JAMIE LANG | 11/22/2022 7:00 am | 2

Kareem Daniel, chairman of Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution under Bob Chapek, has left the company
just one day after Disney parted ways with its now-former CEO."

Word on the street was that even Feige (and upwards) were against the Chapek/Daniel strategy.

@winb83 see above. the creatives were not making the decisions as they were under Iger.

Y'all aren't about to blame Certified Scapegoat Chapek and a black male executive for this slate of mid movies and television shows. Chapek was CEO for two years, a lot of the recent MCU releases were pitched and planned well before his tenure, i.e. when Iger was still in charge. Chapek and Daniels were not interfering with the MCU creative process and trying to undermine Feige like Perlmutter was. A lot of people took issue with Daniels' division restructuring (:mjpls:), perhaps Feige included, but if Chapek and/or Daniels were directly involved in decision making that turned Phase 4 into Phase Bore it would have been huge news, particularly after they got the boot.

Chapek and Daniels were not sitting with Feige plotting out the minute details of Phase 4. Now I will concede that Daniels may have leaned on Feige and crew to fast track some MCU streaming schlock for Disney+ which could lead to a lack of quality in presentation but I don't think the stories underpinning the shows would have been any better with Iger in charge.

The reality is that the "MCU formula" was getting long in the tooth near the end of Phase 3. With Phase 4 seemingly lacking in cohesion and just good stories in general the formula was no longer able to stand up to the increasing scrutiny and criticism. Now I do think that some of the critics have been a bit more harsh on the recent MCU product due to a lack of overall quality with the entirety of the phase, fatigue with the MCU in general and increased culture war BS. If Quantamania opened phase 4 or was at least near the beginning of it I think it would have been received a lot better.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Who said that? Chapek and Co. micromanaging not just Feige, but Kennedy (LucasFilms) and Docter (Pixar) in creative is well-documented at this point. That's part of the reason why the majority of folks were pleased at the news of him exiting.

People hated what Star Wars was doing long before Chapek was in charge. :mjlol: As for Pixar, I mean, those flops they had were heavy on inclusion, diversity and representation. Truth be told a lot of the Disney product in the Chapek/Daniels era leaned heavily into so called "wokeness." Was that the interference people complained about? :mjpls: Or is it just a coincidence that the representation and diversity push mixed with a period of storytelling malaise? We're about to find out soon enough.

Personally I think a lot of the creative minds at Disney didn't work hard enough building compelling stories and adventures around a more diverse and inclusive roster of characters both new and old and they are using an unpopular CEO and his deputy as scapegoats.

With Iger "giving power back to the creatives," it would be nice to see what they can create instead of immediately mining their existing IP for sequels. Toy Story, Frozen and Zootopia are easy lay ups. It's a money thing, I get it, but I want to see what the animation division can do with new IPs if the restraints are indeed off.