Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't agree with this notion that wandavision didn't demonize wanda, because it most certainly did, it just made it clear that it came from a place of trauma.

The final post credits of wanda was clear that the resolution of wandavision was just a temporary fix. The people who think MoM was a regression in Wanda's character didn't understand that nothing was truly resolved within her, she stopped only because she couldn't make everybody play ball with her anymore.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like a great idea :myman:
it's up:lolbron:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i really can't stand the obvious pushing of these younger heroes to replace the OGs. disney is about as subtle as an elephant in a china shop about them all being female, too

if you want to be feminists and want equality, it doesn't mean you kill off men to do it

i was frustrated by riri williams and cassie in BP2 and this film because they literally come out of nowhere and are super geniuses capable of beating up threats to their lives

tony stark was trapped in a cave and had to think his way out and risked his life in a meaningful way. captain america lost his life and was MIA for 70 years. thor lost his home, his dad, mom, and brother to learn how not to be so arrogant.

im genuinely asking: what did these new heroes do to be avengers or be on the same level as the OGs carrying/mentoring them? the only one that seemed realistic was America Chavez. she's a teenager that is genuinely lost about wtf to do with her powers and how to get her parents back. she relies on Dr Strange.

Other than her, we get a bunch of kids who are super genuises and know how to fight out the gate. Kate Bishop is bytch slapping King Pin, a dude who Daredevil barely beat, like its nothing. Cassie is a quantum physicist, apparently. Riri Williams just develops Wakandan tech like its nothing in metallurgy class. and we're just supposed to be like, yeah no that makes sense. After seeing all the shyt the OG avengers went through??

thing is people love to use "it was in the comics" line but then fail to follow up that most of these characters that replace the og superhero in the comic never are popular and most times there comic book is cancelled.(wheter its a man or woman)

can someone tell me any replacement that people really liked in the comics that had a successful run? The only one i can think that people like a lil bit is miles morales but i dont know if he has had a sucessful comic run with only him in it.

and no teen titans or shyt like that dont count cause the main superheros are usually all through there stories.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
thing is people love to use "it was in the comics" line but then fail to follow up that most of these characters that replace the og superhero in the comic never are popular and most times there comic book is cancelled.(wheter its a man or woman)

can someone tell me any replacement that people really liked in the comics that had a successful run? The only one i can think that people like a lil bit is miles morales but i dont know if he has had a sucessful comic run with only him in it.

and no teen titans or shyt like that dont count cause the main superheros are usually all through there stories.
Only major ones that come to mind are in DC yeah, but they were already 40-50+ year old characters in real time mostly or had cartoons to help people understand who they are. dikk Grayson (1st robin) as Batman, Wally West as Flash, John Stewart as Green Lantern

There's some minor ones in Marvel like Bucky as Cap, or She Hulk replacing Thing in F4, but they aren't widely known about and nobody really feels negatively or positively about them

Either way I think it was worth trying on screen, these movies have elevated the profile of a lot of heroes that were C list or lower. I just don't think they should have did it so heavy handedly. Mix the old with the young and ease them in.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

can someone tell me any replacement that people really liked in the comics that had a successful run?

:mjlol:

1. new x-men replaced OG x-men in x-man #96

all-new-uncanny-xman-no96.png

2. human torch johnny replaced human torch robot

johnny

220px-Human_Torch_%28Johnny_Storm%29.png

android
220px-Human_Torch_%28Jim_Hammond%29.png

3. justice league replaced justice society

society

220px-Justice_Society_of_America-vol3-1.jpg

220px-JLA-AlexRoss.jpg

4. psylocke replaced herself

DY-zUwUWkAEiQKw.jpg

Psylocke01.jpg

5. warpath replaced thunderbird

250px-Warxforce.jpg

220px-Thunderbird_by_Art_Adams.jpg

6. flash - jay garrick (justice society already ^), barry allen, wally west etc

220px-The_Flash_Family.jpg

7. the brotherhood of evil mutants went from toad etc to blob etc (men #142)

new-brotherhood-of-evil-mutants.png

etc

:hubie: