Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I didn't think it was as bad as so many are saying personally. I have no plans to watch the first half of the movie again, but once Kang was revealed it was entertaining.

And reading this thread made it seem like Scott beat Kang Rey Force Awakens style, when he actually got the the 31 flavors beat out of him:picard:
Unless I'm not understanding, without his suit he's just a normal

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
They want the viewer to sympathize with the villain. Make human and likable not just a tyrant ..

Thanos had the nice speech on why... made us question was he right... The best villains have real motivations that can be viewed as right to some
So did killmonger

This writer for kang just sucked though.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
kang is weaker and doesn't have his full capabilities

he was not at his full capabilities IN THE QUANTUM REALM. he needed to escape the quantum realm to be able to get back to full strength. :dead:

please tell me how Kang can travel the multiverse when he's at full strength...but when he's in the quantum realm he can't just escape even with his ship and suit....could it be that being banished to a place where he is weaker...makes him weaker? Could it be that the other Kangs who know themsevles know exactly where they would be weaker?
🦸‍♂️

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Movie was cool. Ain't finna lie. Almost fell asleep a couple times. 2nd credits had me more intrigued for Loki S2 than anything. And I actually likes the first two Ant Man's. Not sure I liked where they went with this one though. However, I didn't think it was unbearably bad either.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
how much of the MCUs downswing do you attribute to the quality of films vs the non-stop YouTube media hate train against it?

I'm not saying whether the YouTube train is justified or not...but I place most of the credit to them. They have been monetizing the hell out of hate ever since Captain Marvel.

Second place: The lack of marquee Marvel characters headlining the movies.

Third: The quality of the writing. It's not like phase 1-3 were all top tier movies.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Third: The quality of the writing. It's not like phase 1-3 were all top tier movies.
I'm putting it mainly here. The over the top "YouTube hate train for ad clicks" can't exist without bad movies.

First couple phases had bad movies but they had a couple things to hide that issue:
1. Once in a lifetime new idea of a universe spanning multiple movies. That's old news now.
2. Very simple story about one bad guy collecting 6 stones. I'm a big nerd and I barely understand MCU's rules for the multiverse after watching Loki, No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, etc. Plus the idea that there's multiple versions of people lowers the stakes to me.
3. Great casting with Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, etc. None of these replacement across can carry movies like them.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
how much of the MCUs downswing do you attribute to the quality of films vs the non-stop YouTube media hate train against it?

I'm not saying whether the YouTube train is justified or not...but I place most of the credit to them. They have been monetizing the hell out of hate ever since Captain Marvel.

Second place: The lack of marquee Marvel characters headlining the movies.

Hmm . . . I think there are just as many channels that are MCU love fests so it all balances out.
BUT something interesting that has taken hold like since the MCU got to like Age of Ultron. Many youtubers make a living off of strictly covering Marvel whether negative or positive. Like the MCU has created a news industry surrounding MCU news, theories, leaks, etc.
Someone posted a vid of a guy complaining about the CGI masks. I watch the beginning and he says, "I'm known for such Marvel nit picks as this, that and the third . . . " Like wow, you are known for that?! And his channel has 339K subs and the vid had 100s of thousands of views. And it is about CGI masks in MCU movies. What?! That's kinda crazy when you think about it.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Hmm . . . I think there are just as many channels that are MCU love fests so it all balances out.
BUT something interesting that has taken hold like since the MCU got to like Age of Ultron. Many youtubers make a living off of strictly covering Marvel whether negative or positive. Like the MCU has created a news industry surrounding MCU news, theories, leaks, etc.
Someone posted a vid of a guy complaining about the CGI masks. I watch the beginning and he says, "I'm known for such Marvel nit picks as this, that and the third . . . " Like wow, you are known for that?! And his channel has 339K subs and the vid had 100s of thousands of views. And it is about CGI masks in MCU movies. What?! That's kinda crazy when you think about it.

Nerds are annoying

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone posted a vid of a guy complaining about the CGI masks.
I get your point but the CGI masks are lazy as hell to me. In the early Iron Man movies him suiting up was a fukking event like Voltron assembling or a knight suiting up for battle.

Now you blink and it just appears on for everyone. Even low tech heroes like Spider Man. I get it's easier for the movie makers to do it that way but it's anti climatic. I can see them having to do this for Ironheart and being like "yeah...so a couple weeks after she invented the armor she invented nanotech too sooo....we're good right? :dame:"

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Some on here hate marvel daily for free tho :wow:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's so crazy to me, they literally have a giant redo button but are afraid to kill or take chances that aren't dumb. Like making, modok and taskmaster...smh

There is not a single phase 4 or 5 new comer that I'm attached too and thats sad. The closest thing is Yelena, she's probably the most developed character that I'd like to see stick around

you right tho. no one in phase 4 is restoring the feeling. the one exception will probably be kang, cuz I REALLY liked him and jonathan majors in that roll as this generation's thanos.

the NEWEST character that people really gravitated to is tom holland, and he came on the scene like 7 years ago at this point.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%