Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Not awful. Just mediocre. After rewatching the previous 2 Antman movies there is big drop off quality. It lost the charm and humor that the first two had.

You kind knew it was going to have a happy ending with the fam. Antman is designed to be a family friendly movie. Tho it would have been a good shock if Scott died at the end. This movie told us more how strong Kang is and it should have shown us and make us fear him.

This was basically a popcorn movie. Turn off your brain and you prob enjoy it more imo. Imo the post credit scenes were the best part of the film.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
71% drop estimate in its second weekend at the box office.

kevin-hart-kevin.gif
Critics got what they wanted :wow: even though audiences said different :wow:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
at least she was a major part of Spiderman before the re-writes... but yeah. who the fukk is excited to see her again? i'm shocked they didn't immediately announce a show about her trying to find he moms across the lesboverse after that movie made bank. and since i just mentioned that movie, i have to say it fukkin sucks once more. that movie is dogshyt and we're gonna look back on it as one of the true turning points of the MCU downfall.

I didnt have a problem with america Chavez. Idk if I'd say I'm "excited" to see her again but if she shows up and isnt on some mary sue then I'd be happy. I'd rather see her again than never again if choosing between the two

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not awful. Just mediocre. After rewatching the previous 2 Antman movies there is big drop off quality. It lost the charm and humor that the first two had.

You kind knew it was going to have a happy ending with the fam. Antman is designed to be a family friendly movie. Tho it would have been a good shock if Scott died at the end. This movie told us more how strong Kang is and it should have shown us and make us fear him.

This was basically a popcorn movie. Turn off your brain and you prob enjoy it more imo. Imo the post credit scenes were the best part of the film.
Actually Kang should have killed nearly everyone. All of the random fighters in the quantum realm, the ants, Hank, Hope, Scott and Janet. And then trap Cassie in there as mercy and dips. When she somehow gets out in the after credits sequence she’s in a different timeline, all Avengers are dead, Thanos snap never happened, his little foot soldiers police everything and he’s pretty much conquered this entire universe

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Actually Kang should have killed nearly everyone. All of the random fighters in the quantum realm, the ants, Hank, Hope, Scott and Janet. And then trap Cassie in there as mercy and dips. When she somehow gets out in the after credits sequence she’s in a different timeline, all Avengers are dead, Thanos snap never happened, his little foot soldiers police everything and he’s pretty much conquered this entire universe
Nah, it was super neat when The Wasp put him down with her wrist blasters. I cheered!
:mjlol:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
The clown writer of this movie wanted Kang to be weak like Napoleon in exile where he's defeated :mjpls:

And I knew these cacs didn't want a Black villain to boss up but it's good that he admits it.

From the interview:

This movie had a tall order in that it had to introduce the Multiverse Saga’s big bad and make him menacing enough to where the audience will be worried about future Kang variants as well. But at the same time, you also had to give the Langs, Pyms and van Dynes a collective win over Kang. So how did you approach this juggling act?

With Kang, the danger was falling into another derivative time-travel multiverse villain. Endgame just did a time-travel plot in their movie, and there’s been plenty of time-traveling multiverse guys. And so I thought it would be interesting to approach the character first before we get to the more grandiose sci-fi elements of him. Peyton and I stumbled across the idea of Napoleon in exile, where he’s cut off from most of his time powers. We catch him at the end of a story that we just don’t know about yet. Guys like Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar are defined just as much by their defeats as they are their victories, and so I thought it would be humanizing to show a Kang who’s just been defeated. He’s like a Julius Caesar who was just assassinated by fifty other Julius Caesars and sent away. (Laughs.) Or he’s like Alexander who has just been turned back at India and has lost the worlds that he conquered.

And he literally mentions Alexander the Great and Ceasar but doesn't want him to be powerful like them, even for a minute. Just have him resemble them when they were defeated.

:mjpls:

When Thanos was properly introduced as the big bad, he earned a resounding win over the Avengers, creating fear in the remaining Avengers and the audience. Conversely, Kang the Conqueror ended this movie in defeat. So what was the rationale behind introducing our new big bad in the exact opposite way?

Well, I think you root for someone who knows defeat. Thanos says that he knows what it’s like to lose, but we never see him lose until the end of Endgame. All he does is toss away the people that he loves and beat Thor’s ass. (Laughs.) But yes, it’s a risk, and we certainly took some heat for it. But I am willing to bet that we are going to root for a guy that we’ve seen stumble and fall, much like Chris Claremont’s Magneto from those X-Men comics. That guy loses a lot, and we see how much pain he’s been through. And so by the time he really unleashes that rage, we’re on his side and we kind of get it. So I think we’re allowed to have a villain that takes a few shots along the way as [Kang the Conqueror or his variants] make their rise.

Loki also loses pretty hard in that first Thor movie, and so by the time he rolls back around, we get more of his baggage. But once again, the big distinction between Thanos and Kang is that Kang is more of a human being. And so his defeat was a way to showcase his humanity and his unending passion. If you go back in the comics, you can beat Thanos once, and that’s the end of the day. Kang is not a guy that you can beat once; he is an existential problem. And so he doesn’t care if he loses because he’s got nothing but time.

I think it's reasonable and that it worked well for the movie. Kang was dope, intriguing and very menacing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him and discovering his motivations

Rest of the quote:

It's not the fact that Kang lost was disappointing. Duh! Everyone expected a happy ending. It's how he lost. That whole 3rd act was asscheeks.

Thanos lost fighting multiple avengers, got the best of most of them and only lost nanotech sleigh of hand.

Kang just stood there and did nothing. Got ran over by ants, like he couldn't hover in the air. Command no loyalty or fear from his soldiers, had MODOK betrayed him.

Just call it bad writing.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That....doesn't make him come across any better. A lion during the winter? :mjlol:

Because all that cac is saying is that he refused to make Kang powerful but instead wrote him to be weak because that would make the story more.......interesting

And what makes it worse is that he's comparing him to actual bossed up villains like Magneto and Thanos.
Its funny hes like I like vunerable villains like Claremonts Magneto breh your writing fukking KANG go read some Kurt Busiek or the recent Kang origin that came out last year for characterization. :snoop:

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
What if Kang kills the ant fam immediately in his return. Does that erase his L? :jbhmm:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
It's not the fact that Kang lost was disappointing. Duh! Everyone expected a happy ending. It's how he lost. That whole 3rd act was asscheeks.

Thanos lost fighting multiple avengers, got the best of most of them and only lost nanotech sleigh of hand.

Kang just stood there and did nothing. Got ran over by ants, like he couldn't hover in the air. Command no loyalty or fear from his soldiers, had MODOK betrayed him.

Just call it bad writing.
Watch out for the little guy. :umad:

Seriously though, everyone expected a happy ending? Just browsing through this thread or the other ones shows that it's not true. Folks are mad that Kang lost period, it's not just the how.

I agree the execution of the writer's plan could have been better, but Kang's characterization was good. And because Modok betrayed him doesn't mean he didn't fear him.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not going to lie to you, to get Kang correct they are going to need Christopher Nolan and the Russo's:damn:And on like 3 movies together

Imagine trying to explain a multiversal time manipulator and conqueror to the same crowd that you don't want to break formula in because "it works" or your commitment to "diversity"

Like if Kang is around, then the FF have to be around, and if the FF around then Doom has to be around and it goes on and on

But as far as the movie goes, when I learned Kang was the bad guy in the antman movie I knew it meant that Kang wasn't going to live up to his reputation. Antman should not be fighting kang, especially not scott lang's antman. It literally had to go like squirrel girl vs doom/thanos memes (yet canon) comic events

DrDoomSquirrels.png

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

ILL QUOTE MY DAY 1 POSTS
ONE MORE TIME SINCE ALL
THE RABID STANS ATTACKED ME
WHEN I POSTED THIS LOGICALLY SOUND shyt.

NOW EVERYONE ALL OVER
THE INTERNET HAS THE SAME REACTION.

:devil:
:evil:

:wow:

I'm not gonna lie, I was excited for Kang after watching Loki. When I saw they were gonna bring him on the big screen in an Ant Man movie I was like :dahell: cuz I thought he would be a threat for someone like Dr. Strange not a C level character like Ant Man.

I went into it with an open mind but they basically minimized Kang as a threat like you said.