Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Screenshot-2023-02-26-at-08-20-39.png

yeah week II not looking good, so far ...

:picard::huhldup::damn:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'll say this. bill murray's appearance on here was random as hell.

but I did end up seeing this for the second time yesterday (fell asleep first time and missed everything)

loved the kang character on here. I see they already setting him up to be thanos 2.0 in the next avengers film.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

I'm not gonna lie, I was excited for Kang after watching Loki. When I saw they were gonna bring him on the big screen in an Ant Man movie I was like :dahell: cuz I thought he would be a threat for someone like Dr. Strange not a C level character like Ant Man.

I went into it with an open mind but they basically minimized Kang as a threat like you said.
Well when I saw he was in Antman I was ok with it because I thought they would use that as a means to discover him and unleash him on everyone. But nah, ant fam literally beat the dog shyt outta him and was back at Baskin-Robbins the next day. They had more trouble fighting ghost from part 2 to be honest.

And he clearly never battle tested any of his drones they were so pointless.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Seen this movie again with my daughter. shyt type corny can’t front …. That whole modok shyt embarrassing. Kang not catching at least one body from the main characters is corny as fukk

with the advent of the multiverse, marvel should NOT be scared to kill off main characters knowing they can always bring them back.

I fully expect ironman to return, and we already know zoe saldana is in the new GOTG movie as well.

and maybe they give chris evans a bag and he decides to return as well along with scar-jo. they should probably kill off or retire hawkeye. cuz jeremy renner won't be back any time soon.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
with the advent of the multiverse, marvel should NOT be scared to kill off main characters knowing they can always bring them back.

I fully expect ironman to return, and we already know zoe saldana is in the new GOTG movie as well.

and maybe they give chris evans a bag and he decides to return as well along with scar-jo. they should probably kill off or retire hawkeye. cuz jeremy renner won't be back any time soon.

It's so crazy to me, they literally have a giant redo button but are afraid to kill or take chances that aren't dumb. Like making, modok and taskmaster...smh

There is not a single phase 4 or 5 new comer that I'm attached too and thats sad. The closest thing is Yelena, she's probably the most developed character that I'd like to see stick around

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at least she was a major part of Spiderman before the re-writes... but yeah. who the fukk is excited to see her again? i'm shocked they didn't immediately announce a show about her trying to find he moms across the lesboverse after that movie made bank. and since i just mentioned that movie, i have to say it fukkin sucks once more. that movie is dogshyt and we're gonna look back on it as one of the true turning points of the MCU downfall.
America Chavez
Riri Williams
Echo
Cassie Lang
etc.

All these new characters (at least in the MCU) are trash and it's unfortunate that they're forcing it on their female and minority characters so nobody can just say it's trash without being labeled a hater. So everyone just shuts up and Marvel gets no real feedback except the box office numbers.

They set Riri up for a lot of pain by juxtapositioning her with a character played by Robert Downey Jr. And all they gave her characterization was the thousandth sassy #girlboss who invents an iron man suit (or quantum realm portal) without a hint of trouble while yelling trendy millennial lines like "Let's gooooooo!!!!!".

I miss when they used to give those shytty writing choices to the men cause then everyone could call it out.

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I'll say this. bill murray's appearance on here was random as hell.

but I did end up seeing this for the second time yesterday (fell asleep first time and missed everything)

loved the kang character on here. I see they already setting him up to be thanos 2.0 in the next avengers film.
You really didn’t need to give them money twice.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It's so crazy to me, they literally have a giant redo button but are afraid to kill or take chances that aren't dumb. Like making, modok and taskmaster...smh

There is not a single phase 4 or 5 new comer that I'm attached too and thats sad. The closest thing is Yelena, she's probably the most developed character that I'd like to see stick around
Something with Yelena, Walker, Fury, and Elaine could be good if they geared it towards even a slightly older audience like Winter Soldier or Civil War.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
America Chavez
Riri Williams
Echo
Cassie Lang
etc.

All these new characters (at least in the MCU) are trash and it's unfortunate that they're forcing it on their female and minority characters so nobody can just say it's trash without being labeled a hater. So everyone just shuts up and Marvel gets no real feedback except the box office numbers.

They set Riri up for a lot of pain by juxtapositioning her with a character played by Robert Downey Jr. And all they gave her characterization was the thousandth sassy #girlboss who invents an iron man suit (or quantum realm portal) without a hint of trouble while yelling trendy millennial lines like "Let's gooooooo!!!!!".

I miss when they used to give those shytty writing choices to the men cause then everyone could call it out.
all part of a bigger issue, which i don't want to get into b/c i'll sound like a Republican when in reality i will be drawing it all back to said Republicans. most things suck now, and like the cynical money grubbing Disney, i will always side with the annoying people calling for more "deaf, native american women" reprsesentation, etc. b/c ultimately they just wanna be happy.

but also, they're clearly leading up to Child Avengers, and man, that's another big "who gives a fukk" time suck that my dumbass will watch every minute of. "It's for the kids." Kids like the current MCU just fine, they don't need to see more of Wanda's annoying ass kids who have redundant powers to better adult versions, etc.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
"I really defend our portrayal of Kang because we got to show a weakened, vulnerable Kang that's sort of like Lion in Winter Kang, exiled Kang, and we got to strip him away from his almost omnipotent time powers, and we really got to see the person," he said.

This is stupid. Why do this in his first film appearance? If you want to give the villain more depth, you do that LATER. After we see him fukking shyt up and showing us why we are supposed to give a fukk. Or at least make MODOK the main villain and have Kang chilling in the cut as the mastermind like Thanos in GOTG.

Although the version of Kang that appeared in Quantumania was killed at the end of the movie, Loveness teased that fans can expect to root for the villain when he faces off against other heroes in the future. "There’s gonna be plenty of time for that stuff," he said. :beli: "I’m so happy that we got to show the broken humanity of Kang the Conqueror because now you’re gonna be rooting for that guy in whatever form he shows up, and whatever version of him he is."

why the breh villain gotta be broken tho? :sas2:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is stupid. Why do this in his first film appearance? If you want to give the villain more depth, you do that LATER. After we see him fukking shyt up and showing us why we are supposed to give a fukk. Or at least make MODOK the main villain and have Kang chilling in the cut as the mastermind like Thanos in GOTG.

why the breh villain gotta be broken tho? :sas2:
They want the viewer to sympathize with the villain. Make human and likable not just a tyrant ..

Thanos had the nice speech on why... made us question was he right... The best villains have real motivations that can be viewed as right to some