Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Then why are you making excuses for it? It's a trash movie. end of story. And Marvel's formula is growing stale and most of their recent movies had the same issues and were trash as well. DC is stupid for rebooting and trying to follow Marvels played out formula. They will flop and fail just like Marvel is doing now.
I said wait until it isn't an estimate. That's like Monday. lol
Did you ever like the MCU in the first place?

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA

Welp :pachaha:

It’s funny how relevant that joke in She-Hulk (that I guess now really wasn’t a joke) about how all the VFX guys are moving on to BP2 are now :russ:

Not feeling that shot at Coogler and the people who worked on BP. They went through enough with the passing of chadwick and deserved WHATEVER they wanted solely off the success of the first film.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the suits in Wakanda Forever were horrendous looking, so they should have just banked the money

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
the writer's explanation is horrible

that doesn't give me, a casual ass fan hope that if he/his team write anymore arcs for Kang/MCU that they'll be good payoffs.
I think it's reasonable and that it worked well for the movie. Kang was dope, intriguing and very menacing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him and discovering his motivations

Rest of the quote:
And so that allowed us to really give Jonathan Majors an opportunity to show the sheer humanity of this character. It’s also the opposite of Thanos. Josh Brolin did a terrific job, obviously. So much has been said about Thanos, but he is a purple, CGI space alien. So it was thrilling to write for a human face and one as expressive as Jonathan Majors’. But there’s going to be plenty of sci-fi and conquering in these Avengers movies going forward, so my approach was to give people a taste of who this guy is.

Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights was an example I tried to use. I wanted more of a tortured anti-hero. I was a big X-Men guy growing up, and there’s no fictional character I love more than Chris Claremont’s Magneto. He wrote that character for like 40 years and put him through so many seasons of his life. And so just to write this Kang the Conqueror as a lion during winter felt like a really interesting place to begin with him. We can get his ethos and his passion, and then, by the time we see him or another variant of him again, we’ll have more room to play with him because we’ll know his vibe.

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Have your 100m first week but it's those second week numbers that I pay attention too.

How about them Rotten Tomatoes audience ratings though :sas1:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
After thinking about it for a week, here’s what didn’t and did work for me.

Didn’t work:
-Goofy plot
-Janet never mentioning Kang
-The awful jokes
-The stupid Quantum creatures
-The stupid walking buildings
-Bill Murray’s character
-All that damn CGI
-Generic army of Mysterio looking soldiers
-Goofy looking battles
-Scott’s daughter can’t act
-The movie looked too bright and polished
-Kang being defeated by Antman
-MODOK looked horrible and should’ve been done with practical effects
-Run time

Did work:
-Kang when he wasn’t taking an L
-Kang when he was using his tech and weaponry

yeah. i wish majors had a better script. he was the star of the show anytime he was on camera.

whoever did modok and signed off on it should be banished to the quantum realm.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We caught a matinee at the imax. it wasn't as bad as most people are saying.. there were some corny parts but The Conqueror was pretty dope..

just wish he had a better movie surrounding his performance.

mid credits scene had me :ohhh: that was ripped directly from the comics. Jonathan Majors got potential with the role.

The corny humor was a bit much and the story was jumbled but not God awful. marvel has worse movies than this..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just got back taking my boys.

Majors BY FAR was the highlight of this movie.

- Modok :francis: . That goofy ass face and the corny comedy of course was so wack. Shoulda kept him in the mask the whole time and then at the end reveal it was Darren but not with that punchable face. Make it look like when Vader got his helmet removed.

- the green screen was just too Spy Kiddy at times. Some shots looked great but others where the green screen was too obvious was bad.

6.5/10 for me. Majors beasted but the Ant-Fam didn't hit as much.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I think it's reasonable and that it worked well for the movie. Kang was dope, intriguing and very menacing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him and discovering his motivations

Rest of the quote:

That....doesn't make him come across any better. A lion during the winter? :mjlol:

Because all that cac is saying is that he refused to make Kang powerful but instead wrote him to be weak because that would make the story more.......interesting

:mjpls:

And what makes it worse is that he's comparing him to actual bossed up villains like Magneto and Thanos.

Last edited: