Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can’t name one movie. Where a surprise villain, pops up out the blue.
TdOwa3Z4-600x338.gif

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Hmm . . . just Kang in the background? Would the movie be worse, Majors performance is mostly what saved it IMO.

A lot of the issues people have with the movie is that Kang is a major part of it at all. Well, how his part is written I should say. I just read an IGN article that basically said Kang is the right villain for the MCU but the wrong villain for Ant-Man and that's spot on. He should have been introduced in the Multiverse of Madness as a background threat like Thanos with Mordo as the main villain. I wasn't fond of how Baron Mordo was pushed aside so Wanda could have her temper tantrum. Glad they cut out that scene where she killed the main universe Mordo.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I had my issue with Kang's death but he was badly wounded with no suit and was dog walking Ant-Man.

At no point did I think he was struggling.

I honestly thought Scott was going to die at that moment -- and he probably should've to up the stakes -- and that's when Kang seemed most menancing to me.

Maybe on re-watch I'll change this opinion cause it seems I'm in minority :manny:
Yeah he was beating the shyt out of Scott, at no point was it even close. Like I said before, he was playing with his food lecturing this man as he picked him apart.

"You could have gone home.":ufdup:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah he was beating the shyt out of Scott, at no point was it even close. Like I said before, he was playing with his food lecturing this man as he picked him apart.

"You could have gone home.":ufdup:
I kinda wish they made it a point to show that this was a Kang variant with no resources and was very weak.

I get that this is probably the weakest version of Kang we will ever see but goddamn man….

This nikka got washed by ants then ran a fade with antman.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I kinda wish they made it a point to show that this was a Kang variant with no resources and was very weak.

I get that this is probably the weakest version of Kang we will ever see but goddamn man….

What they needed to do is show that the Ants were actually formidable. They were like a last second add on. It was dumb how it was executed. They were supposedly like advanced in intelligence I think. If they were communicating with Hank from jump make them part of the story so when they win people actually accept it. You can't just have them swoop in and save the day it felt unearned.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know what to think about this. It wasn’t bad but as an intro to the next mega villain I felt like he’s not that big of a deal. Thanos felt much bigger.

I agree. His 1st appearance shouldnt be an L even if its not really one they needed to make that clear to get us excited for the future. Thanos first appearance in GOTG was short and menacing. Plus he didnt lose just disappeared when ronan threatened him

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Weakest Kang?:what:

This is the STRONGEST version of Kang:mjlol:

He has an entire army bigger than the army Thanos had, had destroyed multiple universes and killed multiple Avengers and had a super powered suit.

He was simply trapped in the Quantum Zone and needed a power source to escape.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Did they ever explain how everyone got to the quantum realm so easily? I thought it destroyed most people and it was special that Scott even made it there the 1st time

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the Alien Ant Farm has taken a lot of flack in reviews, but i actually liked that shyt b/c... it's fukkin Ant-man, and it seemed like they were just gonna leave the ants out entirely.

also, in 3 Ant-man movies, the biggest death has been Antony the Ant.

Last edited: