Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So kang was really out here doing vader force chokes while levitating people and evaporating folks to dust with laser beams but conveniently forgets he can do all that in the last fight with Antman and his family? so many plot holes in this film don't even know where to begin.

Dialogue was bad. And the jokes were all corny and cringeworthy. Every single serious and tense moment gets undercut with a joke or sarcastic comment. The costumes were trash and the rebel chick looked like a bootleg xena princess warrior.. CGI was also trash. And Modok.. man.. they didnt even try with the effects. Looked like someone used ms paint and stretched his face to fit. Was modok supposed to be a menacing killer or just comic relief?

Majors deserved better cause his great performance is wasted in this garbage film...

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This was mostly trash, except for the first few Kang scenes.

Everything was downgraded from good Marvel flicks. Effects worse, jokes worse, music worse etc. Even the new daughter is worse than that one scene we got in Endgame of the other lady.

Mike Douglas looked like he was disgusted to be in this, and what a waste of Bill Murray.

Damn near Eternals level bad.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Never seen the other ant man movies...so as a first timer it's meh...he fits better as a side character in the bigger films

based off the mid credit scene...movie seemed pointless since he can just summon all the other kangs anyway

thought the mid cred would be him escaping tbh

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

ENDING ASIDE...WAKANDA WAS GOOD.

SPIDER MAN WAS CARRIED BY NOSTALGIA BUT WAS DECENT.

EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN
TRASH OR MID.

WTF IS GOING ON?

:devil:
:evil:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I wished the spoilers were true of Scott trapping himself in the QR with Kang. That would've made better sense, showing he couldn't beat that nikka but, was willing to doom himself to stop him.
kinda thought that was gon happen

then cass opens a portal like nothin

did i miss something in the beginning cause I thought her device was only capable of creating a beacon/map so they could see into the QR, not actually travel into it...and it was Kang/MODOK's tech that brought them there after she made the beacon

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Nothing you said answers that man's question.
I completely answered his question.

I ain’t doing the disingenuous “ you ain’t write the scripts” you trying to play. Of course I haven’t And neither have you. If you liked the love then like it, but don’t try and tell me Marvel ain’t already showing its hand with Kang. This phase isn’t even that long.

Kang has appeared twice now and they straight up showed you his future appearance. Marvel ain’t Nolan. They aren’t fooling you with false leads.

Daps
He didn’t personally get outsmarted and outmuscled. He kicked the shyt out of Hulk the first time we saw him in action. And, Thanks was only a threat to one universe. Not the master of every single one. Dumb comment, and you know it.

Also, why do you end every single post with “lol”. You’re an old man.

We're going into the best part of the comic book movie debates, when it gets personal:banderas: :popcorn::popcorn3:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You should read other posters some are mad at the comedy.
I'm not sure there was an increase in comedy. Maybe lately, but the beginning of Phase 4 was more grounded projects. I don't understand how there is a, "perceived increase in stakes" and "None of this shyt feels important or consequential"? Which is it?
I wasn't talking about your criticisms when I said that. That was more about @The Mad Titan most recent post looking back. Don't be the hit doggie that hollers.
I don't know how you don't understand

Perceived increase in stakes=They're over promising and under delivering. Like a poster mentioned earlier they're doing more telling than showing. They'll tell you how powerful these characters are, tell you how dire a threat they are to the world/multiverse, but the execution is weak

These characters are constantly falling short of what they were sold to be

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My kids enjoyed it :yeshrug:

I know it’s a lot of comic heads in here that’s not feeling it, but as a non comic breh who just watches the MCU, it was a good flick
And really that is their target audience it seems.
I think it does comic books a disservice in way because non-comic nerds can brush the goofiness aside by saying well it's based on a comic book :yeshrug:
I've been reading comics off and on since 88 or 89 and the vast majority of what I read as a kid the material was taken more seriously than what the MCU has been doing.