Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yall seriously saying the end credits the best part of the movie? This sounds worse that mortal kombat movie yall tried to gas up

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The people who defeated him were largely D and C leaguers. Including Ant-Man. Again, Kang is not THANOS. They are two completely different types of villains. If Kang shows up, wipes the floor with everyone on his first encounter, at a disadvantage, and then the full extent of why he's such a threat is shown what fukking chance do the heroes have, particularly this bad batch coming out of Phase 4? :mjlol: You all do know that Kang has to lose at the end right? If he has the same physical strength and power as Thanos, plus the ability of a super genius who knows time inside and out HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REALISTICALLY WRITE A STORY WHERE HE LOSES? The Kang you guys want to see getting beating by Phase 4 Marvel heroes would make even less sense than Ant-Man's fluke victory.

I know yall want to see a black man running wild but like I stated it's actually created more black criticism toward the character. If Kang was white there wouldn't be this "OMG why didn't he just destroy the entire world!?" There would likely be more, "That was too easy for Ant-Man. :patrice: Scott probably played right into his master plan." But since Majors is playing the character instead of just bad writing or even the withholding of story beats to be revealed later it's; "MARVEL JUST DONT WANNA SEE A BLACK MAN STRONG!!!!!! :damn:"

Kang is going to tie into almost every Marvel project going forward. Why would they INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGE THE fukkING LYNCHPIN OF THEIR MONEY PRINTING FRANCHISE BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK MAN, A MAN THEY HIRED TO BE IN THAT ROLE?! You guys do know he wasn't born Kang the Conqueror right? He's not really the character. He EARNED the role because he is a fantastic actor but they could have gotten some villain character actor like Mads Mickelson for the role if they didn't want a black man to have it.
We’ve seen well written stories that goes beyond win and losing.

Riddler floods all of Gotham from jail and kills the head mobster. Heck, Sylvie kills HWR but is treated as a defeat.

The problem is that Kang isn’t just getting beat then coming back stronger with a better plan. We are going to watch several versions with different approaches get beat soundly like Wiley Coyote. Then turn around and say y’all need to watch Kang Dynasty with a straight face?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Oh it's been mentioned! :mjlol:

But that scene where they were sitting talking about getting out, I was like, "are they gonna kiss?"
sidenote on this, and i genuinely don't care but have Scott and Hope ever even kissed? they didn't even do it at the end. i don't buy their relationship at all. we've seen what mini people can do on The Boys, these 2 defintely ain't shrinking and entering eachother...

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You know this for a fact? Like, have you seen the script drafts and everything?
You didn’t see that Loki clip with another Kang Variant?

You think they just revealed the council for fun? Called this phase the multiverse Saga for giggles.This ain’t rocket science.

dfresh

Pro
Daps
5/10

There some good moments in this film(mostly Kang scenes) but overall the movie was average at best.scott and hope or Janet and Hank should have definitely died at the end or at the very least been stuck in the quantum realm. Everybody being alive and escaping was simply not a good decision.

Also the writing in phase 4(movies and shows) has been complete ass except for the Kang scenes and Wanda. inretrospect phase 4 should have rivaled infinity wars considering all the source material they pulled from(House of m, one more day, god of thunder, avengers vs x men etc ect). But instead everything just came across as low quality filler. Its insane when you really think about it

Another thing is they have to do something with these jokes. All these scripts are overloaded with jokes placed at the wrong time and half of them don’t even land. Which makes these movies that much worse.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
@Json you said they were gonna Wile E. Coyote him. As if they'll make him one big joke falling all over himself with Acme schemes...
Wile E Coyote as in he takes different approaches to win and ends up losing.

I’m not saying he’s a joke. I’m saying it’s hard to make him threatening unless you let him get a few solid wins or give heroes some major Ls. So far they haven’t been willing to do it.

So far we’ve seen a
Thomas Edison Kang, warrior Kang, wizard of Oz Kang, and whatever the TVA statue Kang is like.

Last edited: