Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Is there any scenario where Thor would ever lose to Ant Man? How weakened would Thor have to be for Ant Man to win a fight? If Thor was at 10-20% of his power, could Scott Lang get a win? If you can't really picture this, then that's the problem.

Kang killed Thor. Thor is lightwork to him. So, its unbelievable that Kang ever loses to Scott. It's bad writing.
what part of banished to a place outside of space and time so he's less powerful don't you understand?
Kang is human. He doesn't have any powers on his own. He can be killed because he is a human. He can be beaten by Antman because he a human who has limited access to technology in a place where he doesn't have an advantage of time-fukkery.

Just to show you how a really strong character can be killed by people weaker than him when he is weakened...thanos was killed by people weaker than him at the beginning of Endgame. The same people he beat in Infinity War. He lost because....HE WAS WEAKENED.

it was established throughout this movie that this version of kang wasn't at full strength. the whole movie was about Kang escaping the quantum realm so...he can back to normal space and time...so...he...can...be...at...full...strength.

Thor is Asguardian and Thor has a certain amount of base powers. Again Kang is human, he doesn't have powers. At the end of Antman 3 AFTER HE ALREADY HAD A FIGHT WITH GIANT-MAN AND THOSE ANTS WITH THEIR TECHNOLOGY HE WAS STILL JUST A HUMAN HENCE WHY HE ENDED UP IN A BASIC FIST FIGHT WITH SCOTT. Has it been established that there's a certain plane in the multiverse where Asguardians are weaker.

Again, this isn't bad writing or a plothole. Even Kevin Feige said this version of Kang isn't at full strength.
“He is the obvious choice as you’re dealing with the Multiverse,” Feige said. “Kang allowed us to do a new kind of Big Bad. He’s a different type of villain, warring amongst themselves as much as he’s warring with our heroes. Kang’s a very powerful person, but when we meet him he’s in a position where he needs to get that power back. He has a ship and a device that would allow him to go anywhere, and anywhen he wants if he can get it online. If only he had access to genius scientists with Pym particles.”

Like i said in the "NOPE" thread...i'm now realizing alot of people can't process basic shyt in movies and jump online calling shyt bad writing and plotholes. nikkas gettin outsmarted by MCU movies.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I think the debate here is coming from the folks don't realize how powerful Ant Man is cause he's been made into a joke in his movies.

But I present evidence to show that Ant Man is a serious threat.

Look at 4:09 in the End Game battle where he effortlessly destroys one of the Leviathans that Iron Man AND Thor was trying to take out and they couldn't do nothing with it until Hulk showed up.

A few minutes later, Ant Man steps on Cull Obsidian and dispatches him, somebody who gave Iron Man, Spiderman and Hulk problems in Infinity War.

And let's not forget in Civil War when Ant Man was taking on Tony, Rhodey, Spiderman, Black Panther and Vision at the same time and was winning.

So it ain't like Ant Man is a jobber. Truth is... he tried to pull out those moves against Kang and Kang hit the :gucci: "negro please" and proceeded to whip his ass.

you're ruining the "plotholes and bad writing" breh. Antman holding his own in other MCU movies isn't canon :troll:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Just got done watching this movie and it was ass. It was better than Thor love and thunder but that's not saying much :mjlol:

Too much plot induced stupidity and goofy joking in this movie. I didn't care for half these characters and was actively rooting for Kang to wipe them out. The best part of this film was Kang and I wish he got more screen time.

Jonathan Majors performance was good but I'm baffled by the folks who were comparing this to Heath Ledger playing the Joker :gucci:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what part of banished to a place outside of space and time so he's less powerful don't you understand?
Kang is human. He doesn't have any powers on his own. He can be killed because he is a human. He can be beaten by Antman because he a human who has limited access to technology in a place where he doesn't have an advantage of time-fukkery.

Just to show you how a really strong character can be killed by people weaker than him when he is weakened...thanos was killed by people weaker than him at the beginning of Endgame. The same people he beat in Infinity War. He lost because....HE WAS WEAKENED.

it was established throughout this movie that this version of kang wasn't at full strength. the whole movie was about Kang escaping the quantum realm so...he can back to normal space and time...so...he...can...be...at...full...strength.

Thor is Asguardian and Thor has a certain amount of base powers. Again Kang is human, he doesn't have powers. At the end of Antman 3 AFTER HE ALREADY HAD A FIGHT WITH GIANT-MAN AND THOSE ANTS WITH THEIR TECHNOLOGY HE WAS STILL JUST A HUMAN HENCE WHY HE ENDED UP IN A BASIC FIST FIGHT WITH SCOTT. Has it been established that there's a certain plane in the multiverse where Asguardians are weaker.

Again, this isn't bad writing or a plothole. Even Kevin Feige said this version of Kang isn't at full strength.

Like i said in the "NOPE" thread...i'm now realizing alot of people can't process basic shyt in movies and jump online calling shyt bad writing and plotholes. nikkas gettin outsmarted by MCU movies.

Bruh, stop. You can love Marvel without dikkriding. The movie ONLY stated that Kang's ship was fukked up and he couldn't leave the QR; he still had weapons to fight with :comeon: Kang is from the year 3000. It does not matter if he's human. He has technology we cannot even fathom :mindblown: You are failing to grasp this :mindblown: In our own time right now, in 2023, we are playing around with driverless cars, artificial intelligence, fusion power, drones, etc. By 2100, we will not recognize the world. Now dial that up to the year 3000. There's no way breh. Imagine taking a group of U.S. soldiers with our modern day guns and tanks, and sending them back to the Middle Ages. We would murder every last one of them. There's no scenario where toothless cacs with the black plague would ever win. That's Kang coming from the year 3000 to now. If anything it's worse, since technology advances exponentially, so Kang should be MORE advanced compared to us than we are compared to people 1000 years ago. Kang doesn't need whatever other extra shyt you're talking about to curbstomp Ant Man, the regular weapons they have in the 30th century should have been enough. I'll say it one more time. The movie ONLY mentioned that Kang's ship was broken. I missed the part where it said Kang had no weapons :comeon:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"He was weakened/injured" has become a lazy trope

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard a podcast analyze the reception so far and its VERY on point, imo

in short

the reason this movie is getting killed on RT and other platforms is this:

we've given Marvel the benefit of the doubt for years. Heres how they lost it:

No way home :blessed:
Moon Knight - Okay...that was just...not good...but thats a tv show...so...i shouldn't consider it right? :scust:
Dr. Strange - well...marvel really isn't making PROGRESS :lupe: this wasn't abhorrent but very flawed but i should continue giving the benefit of the doubt right?
Ms. Marvel - :unimpressed: whats going on, marvel...
Thor - :dahell: wtf is this...i gave you A LOT OF PASSES...you need to deliver
She hulk - WTF IS THIS...i can't even give you the disney+ pass now
Black Panther - :patrice: i guess it was fine but this isn't hitting like the last package
Quantumania - OKAY. WE'RE DONE GIVING YOU A PASS...NOW we're gonna grade you NOT on the marvel scale, but on the regular scale as everything else. You're getting a C- now. AT BEST. 48%

I fully expect marvel movies other than the core avengers to be judged on a very 'regular' scale...they very well could deliver, but the benefit of the doubt we gave shyt like Black widow and shang chi ain't here anymore it seems...
This is an exact rundown on how Iv felt since black widow

Add in eternals that was a complete slog, and wandervision, Hawkeye & F&TWS that were all good shows until they completely fumbled all of there finales

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Is there any scenario where Thor would ever lose to Ant Man? How weakened would Thor have to be for Ant Man to win a fight? If Thor was at 10-20% of his power, could Scott Lang get a win? If you can't really picture this, then that's the problem.

Kang killed Thor. Thor is lightwork to him. So, its unbelievable that Kang ever loses to Scott. It's bad writing.

I think a better comparison would be Iron Man instead, another super smart human who relies on his suit/tech. And no cant think of a situation where antman can beat Iron man.

What is he going to do? Get big as IM rains missiles and shyt down on him :dead: and Kang couldnt do that? Too weakened to be on IM level :mjpls:

Come the fukk on

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I think the debate here is coming from the folks don't realize how powerful Ant Man is cause he's been made into a joke in his movies.

But I present evidence to show that Ant Man is a serious threat.

Look at 4:09 in the End Game battle where he effortlessly destroys one of the Leviathans that Iron Man AND Thor was trying to take out and they couldn't do nothing with it until Hulk showed up.

A few minutes later, Ant Man steps on Cull Obsidian and dispatches him, somebody who gave Iron Man, Spiderman and Hulk problems in Infinity War.

And let's not forget in Civil War when Ant Man was taking on Tony, Rhodey, Spiderman, Black Panther and Vision at the same time and was winning.

So it ain't like Ant Man is a jobber. Truth is... he tried to pull out those moves against Kang and Kang hit the :gucci: "negro please" and proceeded to whip his ass.

Haven't rewatched Endgame in a minute, going to have to revisit it but props on refreshing my memory. Scott has some legitimate feats against some heavy hitters. Don't let the smooth taste fool you, creh is about that action in crunch time. :hubie:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
15 years and 20 films and coli brehs are still caught off guard by comedy and the protagonist winning in the MCU :mjlol:
So Kang is on par with Whiplash to you? And you’re cool with that?

Or, were we told this dude is super-duper omega powerful? More powerful than every Avenger combined, more powerful than Thanos, more powerful than every timeline and every corner of the multiverse….can only be defeated by other versions of himself…..and a series of white ladies in the mcu d-league.

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw it again for the 2nd time. This one is definitely the best of all of the Ant-Man films. The tone and pacing were perfect. They set off phase 5 in a good way. Solid 8/10 fillm
I agree. I really enjoyed it. Kang is the best villain they’ve had in a long time.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. I really enjoyed it. Kang is the best villain they’ve had in a long time.
Yeah lol dude has been the best bad guy not named Thanos (which is tough to compare since we saw Thano’s entire arc).

Majors has stolen the show for everything he has been in and these were only previews lmfaoooo

That speaks VOLUMES

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So Kang is on par with Whiplash to you? And you’re cool with that?

Or, were we told this dude is super-duper omega powerful? More powerful than every Avenger combined, more powerful than Thanos, more powerful than every timeline and every corner of the multiverse….can only be defeated by other versions of himself…..and a series of white ladies in the mcu d-league.
Who said he was more powerful than Thanos and that he can only be defeated by other versions of himself? I never heard that.
And isn't the complaint of the day he lost to Antman? He's not a white lady.