Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The Skrulls should have been the villains of phase 4/5. The paranoia of what they were doing in the 5 years is a better hook. Leading up to the FF being introduced.

The main problem with how they are rolling out Kang and the multiverse is nobody is talking to each other and there’s no good reason why they shouldn’t. Loki should have run to Thor for help.

Thanos’ arc was aided by the fact he sent subordinates to get the gems and nobody really knew combining those gems meant anything.
As soon as Thanos revealed himself… the Avengers pulled together.

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Seeee @Kang The Conqueror got sent to our universe

Earth Prime:skip:

giphy.webp

Daps
When all the marvels had a link even if it was 30 seconds after then movies it felt like a cohesive story being told with a.... Endgame *badum tss*
You could overlook a lot because of that, on top of that the characters themselves had 2 or 3 if movies if not more, plus cameo's to give you a feel of what they were about.

Since phase 4 all that is gone, and if it's one thing that phase 4 has shown to the world is marvel movies aren't really very good without a overarching plot. Especially these one where they feel they HAVE to do certain things.
Women hero that saves the day
"Hero of color" that does something semi important or very important.
Comedy
Get a PG13 Rating but not a PG or R.
Manage to not kill the big baddie but trap them or lock them away somewhere.

Marvel and DC movies need to meet somewhere in the middle. That would be the sweet spot...

The sad thing is marvel or disney double downed with the formula on Disney plus.

The next marvel movie is yet another comedy...
That makes Love & Thunder, she hulk, gotg special, Antman and the new GOTG movie all comedy base in a matter of half a year....
and all of them really not meaning to much overall to anything outside of antman.
Like why should I care about gotg when I know its not gonna tie to kang, and kang is the main bad guy? On top of kang is probably going to lead to secret wars which is probably going to reset all of this making these phase 4 and 5 movies super filler material.

At least if they let the character stop being one dimensional we could grow attached to them like truly before they get wiped away. Instead gamora is back! But not really.

smh.

You hate to see it happen.

Gives me absolutely zero hope for mutants and not want to even see them come to the big screen.

I'll give you that. One of the craziest things that happened in the Fox X Men movies was they killed off Cyclops and he was dead dead. :picard:

I was shocked and kept expecting him to come back the entire movie.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give 7/10 which is better than the last one which is the worst MCU movie IMO.
I liked the science fiction aspect a lot. I know exposition is frowned on but when they get all sciency about what is going on I really like it.
JM was great as Kang. And the major plot beats I thought were good except for the ants save the day out of nowhere.
The revolution and down trodden people of the QM was unnecessary.
I really enjoyed the end credit scenes and recreating the Council of Kangs panel from The Avengers comic.
And MODOK's death scene and how he became an Avenger right before his death was hilarious.

That MODOK shyt was handled the best way they could in my opinion. Theres no way to take that character design seriously so i was cool with the portrayal. I was crying every time they showed his face :russ:

Daps
Blaming comedy is an oversimplification

Nikkas ain't mad about MCU movies having comedy, as they've always had it
. It's the fact that phase 4 has tripled down on the comedy and quippy dialogue and

1. An increase in comedy aligned with a perceived increase in stakes is a conflict of interest. None of this shyt feels important or consequential. Thor 4 is a perfect display of this

2. The jokes ain't been hittin(No Way Home was funny tho)

Reducing nikkas issue to "MCU movies all have comedy" is bordering on a bad faith argument

The "Scooby-Doo this shyt" line had this breh falling out of his chair at the movies. :mjgrin:

Daps
I'm a big marvel stan. I loved Ant Man 1, ant man 2 was a step down but it still captured the tone from the first movie so I fukked with it

This shyt right here was super underwhelming for me. They really tried to pull a star wars with the weird alien world building, even had a knock off cantina scene with a alien bartender. The jokes weren't hitting like the first 2, cassie was so so, bill murray was pointless, quantam world was ass, modok was ehh, and where the fukk is Scott's crew at?? :gucci:

Kang was the only interesting aspect of the movie and Like some other posters posted...he didn't have much to work with.His future In the MCU Is looking crazy though, I loved both post credits scenes

Scott saved the world and started acting different. :francis:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was extra mid. :russ: at Kang killing all the Avengers multiple times and losing to Ant Man.

That's like Frieza losing to Krillin.

I wished the spoilers were true of Scott trapping himself in the QR with Kang. That would've made better sense, showing he couldn't beat that nikka but, was willing to doom himself to stop him.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't have his full capabilities because if he did Kang would have just left the quantum realm. :gucci: He's a multiversal threat.
He didn't have his full capabilities because HE'S BEATEN THE AVENGERS ACROSS MULTIPLE UNIVERSES WHEN HE WAS AT FULL STRENGTH. :gucci:

Yall have to actually process some things.

and he was banished specifically to the quantum realm...outside of space and time...so that he didn't have full capabilitis.

Is there any scenario where Thor would ever lose to Ant Man? How weakened would Thor have to be for Ant Man to win a fight? If Thor was at 10-20% of his power, could Scott Lang get a win? If you can't really picture this, then that's the problem.

Kang killed Thor. Thor is lightwork to him. So, its unbelievable that Kang ever loses to Scott. It's bad writing.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I think what’s lost on everyone is that the Antman series is essentially a HEIST movie franchise like the Oceans movies or Now You See Me
I'm scratching my head like nikkas really expected a serious tone in this movie? Have nikkas never watched Paul Rudd on screen before?

Paul Rudd is always straight comedy with that classic white dry ass humor. But he wiped that smile off his face once Kang started laying them haymakers on him at the end:whew:

You should always expect a lot of laughs going into a Paul Rudd feature film

I'm legit disappointed the Latino dude Luis wasnt in it

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude posed to be this multi dimensional threat but he couldnt replicate rhe pym particle so Hank smarter than him then he got faded by antman and his annoying daughter. Majors acted his ass off but they aint give him shyt work with

Makes no sense. Kang is a thousand years ahead of them. Its like somebody from the year 1000 outsmarting us today :dead:

Get killed by Joan of Arc and Lancelot brehs