Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Blaming comedy is an oversimplification

Nikkas ain't mad about MCU movies having comedy, as they've always had it
. It's the fact that phase 4 has tripled down on the comedy and quippy dialogue and

1. An increase in comedy aligned with a perceived increase in stakes is a conflict of interest. None of this shyt feels important or consequential. Thor 4 is a perfect display of this

2. The jokes ain't been hittin(No Way Home was funny tho)

Reducing nikkas issue to "MCU movies all have comedy" is bordering on a bad faith argument
You should read other posters some are mad at the comedy.
I'm not sure there was an increase in comedy. Maybe lately, but the beginning of Phase 4 was more grounded projects. I don't understand how there is a, "perceived increase in stakes" and "None of this shyt feels important or consequential"? Which is it?
I wasn't talking about your criticisms when I said that. That was more about @The Mad Titan most recent post looking back. Don't be the hit doggie that hollers.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bordering? It always has been. nikkas blew their cover years ago when they was slapping they knees in aqua man and Shazam and turning around the next day and saying MCU was too kiddy, had too many jokes and had no stakes.
shyts getting ridiculous. The Winter Soldier shows how you can have a serious story and not have the humor lessening it.

Shazam was bad. My favorite hero and I hate how DC has gotten the character completely wrong since Power of SHAZAM! ended.
Aquaman wasn't a high stakes movie and they didn't insert humor during really important scenes

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I'm a big marvel stan. I loved Ant Man 1, ant man 2 was a step down but it still captured the tone from the first movie so I fukked with it

This shyt right here was super underwhelming for me. They really tried to pull a star wars with the weird alien world building, even had a knock off cantina scene with a alien bartender. The jokes weren't hitting like the first 2, cassie was so so, bill murray was pointless, quantam world was ass, modok was ehh, and where the fukk is Scott's crew at?? :gucci:

Kang was the only interesting aspect of the movie and Like some other posters posted...he didn't have much to work with.His future In the MCU Is looking crazy though, I loved both post credits scenes

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should read other posters some are mad at the comedy.
I'm not sure there was an increase in comedy. Maybe lately, but the beginning of Phase 4 was more grounded projects. I don't understand how there is a, "perceived increase in stakes" and "None of this shyt feels important or consequential"? Which is it?
I wasn't talking about your criticisms when I said that. That was more about @The Mad Titan most recent post looking back. Don't be the hit doggie that hollers.

The movies got progressively more jokey as the actors got more and more comfortable with the character they were playing.

Ironman always had a bit of jokey and sarcasm with him. But that's the character...

Infact around civil war was peek joke to serious ratio. Jokes were kinda underhanded and didn't feel ad lib or forced, or goofy. The ant man movies were always more comedy, which is why him fighting Kang...:francis:

Thor Ragnarok ushered in non stop goofy ad lib jokes and a movie style. Between Tom and Chris..loki and Thor became a comedic duo.... And haven't stop since.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Exactly. Seems like people wanted Kang to murk the entire Ant-man cast, but that was just never going to happen.

Outside of Endgame, MCU protagonists are rarely killed. From a business POV, can't really blame them :manny: popular characters make money

Homelander murks people in every season and is basically unstoppable. That's why everyone on The Boys is terrified of him.

Thanos bodied a lot of people before he pulled up to the Avengers in person to wreck havoc.

Even Vecna on Stranger Things tossed in the bushes random citizens which proved to the scooby gang how dangerous he was and why he had to be stopped

On the other hand Kang, who talks lots of trash, gets bushed by Sylvie in Loki :scust: then he's in a fist fight with Scott Lang, who can't even fight, which was ridiculous.

Because he lost for even having to fight him.

And to show how dangerous he is Kang needed to toss in the bushes someone major or show how he did during the tv show Loki. But they never showed how dangerous he was they just had him talk a good game.

So it just seems like Marvel doesn't take him seriously as a villain and if I had to guess I think race is definitely behind it. :mjpls:

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Homelander murks people in every season and is basically unstoppable. That's why everyone is terrified of him.

Thanos bodied a lot of people before he pulled up to the Avengers in person to wreck havoc.

Even Vecna on Stranger Things tossed in the bushes random citizens which proved to the scooby gang how dangerous he was. And why he had to be stopped

On the other hand Kang, who talks lots of trash, got bushed by Sylvie in Loki :scust: then he's in a fist fight with Scott Lang, who can't even fight, which was ridiculous.

Because he lost for even having to fight him.

And to show how dangerous he is Kang needed to toss in the bushes someone or show how he did during the tv show Loki. But they never showed how dangerous he was they just had him talk a good game.

So it just seems like Marvel doesn't take him seriously as a villain and if I had to guess I think race is definitely behind it. :mjpls:

I dont think its a racial thing.

Didnt a rick and morty writer pen this? Its not shocking its some discombobulated garbage

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The movies got progressively more jokey as the actors got more and more comfortable with the character they were playing.

Ironman always had a bit of jokey and sarcasm with him. But that's the character...

Infact around civil war was peek joke to serious ratio. Jokes were kinda underhanded and didn't feel ad lib or forced, or goofy. The ant man movies were always more comedy, which is why him fighting Kang...:francis:

Thor Ragnarok ushered in non stop goofy ad lib jokes and a movie style. Between Tom and Chris..loki and Thor became a comedic duo.... And haven't stop since.
And you don't like comedy in these type of movies and or you want it kept to a minimum?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:pachaha: The back and forths

Correct me if I’m wrong….. but didn’t he need a certain item to “blankety blank blank”?

Powerful, not powerful….. irrelevant. Didn’t he still need what he needed to complete his mission?

Just saying

I think what’s lost on everyone is that the Antman series is essentially a HEIST movie franchise like the Oceans movies or Now You See Me

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
straight up

ANT MAN was not worthy to TRULY introduce Kang. This story could've been Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and at least we'd get better comedy, we still could've gotten MODOK, without the ridiculous Yellowjacket twist, and it would be immediately better received. We might still get Kang in Guardians 3 in some way, but I think him sonning the shyt out of the guardians or even killing one would've been more impactful than a battle with Ant Man.
Breh

Him not killing a single one of the stupid ass ant family is bullshyt. While Wakanda family members croaking left and right. Iron Man dead. Bullshyt ass Ant family thriving though. MCU is straight dog shyt now

Daps
Kang could of definitely hit ‘‘em with the

football-nfl.gif

acrobatic-this-is-happening.gif

Through the portal

Hopefully Kang doesn’t get murked like this every time he makes an appearance
F66109-AC-853-C-47-DA-80-D0-6-ED6-E09-CB05-B.png

Daps
I think the debate here is coming from the folks don't realize how powerful Ant Man is cause he's been made into a joke in his movies.

But I present evidence to show that Ant Man is a serious threat.

Look at 4:09 in the End Game battle where he effortlessly destroys one of the Leviathans that Iron Man AND Thor was trying to take out and they couldn't do nothing with it until Hulk showed up.

A few minutes later, Ant Man steps on Cull Obsidian and dispatches him, somebody who gave Iron Man, Spiderman and Hulk problems in Infinity War.

And let's not forget in Civil War when Ant Man was taking on Tony, Rhodey, Spiderman, Black Panther and Vision at the same time and was winning.

So it ain't like Ant Man is a jobber. Truth is... he tried to pull out those moves against Kang and Kang hit the :gucci: "negro please" and proceeded to whip his ass.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I think the debate here is coming from the folks don't realize how powerful Ant Man is cause he's been made into a joke in his movies.

But I present evidence to show that Ant Man is a serious threat.

Look at 4:09 in the End Game battle where he effortlessly destroys one of the Leviathans that Iron Man AND Thor was trying to take out and they couldn't do nothing with it until Hulk showed up.

A few minutes later, Ant Man steps on Cull Obsidian and dispatches him, somebody who gave Iron Man, Spiderman and Hulk problems in Infinity War.

And let's not forget in Civil War when Ant Man was taking on Tony, Rhodey, Spiderman, Black Panther and Vision at the same time and was winning.

So it ain't like Ant Man is a jobber. Truth is... he tried to pull out those moves against Kang and Kang hit the :gucci: "negro please" and proceeded to whip his ass.

Yeah, he's fukking legit. There were a bunch of chuckles in my theater when Scott told Kang he's an Avenger. I felt secondhand embarrassment for my boy. :bryan: