Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got back from seeing this and was underwhelmed. You can't get me to care about Scott Lang, his daughter or the Pyms. Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Douglas mailed it in. What was the point of bill Murray being in this movie?

Terrible CGI and world Building, could have been another planet in a gotg movie

The worst part is that the best part of movie was killed off (?). So all we have to look forward to are those goofy variants at the end?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Kang is Time stone Dr strange on Fentynal so he knows how this all goes already so he probably knew the Council of kangs had eyes on him in the QR. they were even disappointed that he wasnt killed by one of them so that shows that he took a dive to plot his escape.

Thats why it was so uncharacteristic for him to sit back and let them foil his plan when it showed he was more than capable once he stepped out. He’s going to take them out quietly from the shadows instead of a full on war like before. This version of Kang is the one that eventually turns into “He Who Remains” so thats how he ends up right back where he started like he said in Loki.

This is chess not checkers nikkas

Yeah the way the wrote Kang you can argue
he knew he had to lose so he could merge with that ball thing that allows his chair to move anywhere at will. Kang’s threat to the universe isnt brute power, its more so time manipulation allows him to he cheap as shyt lmfao, like you kill him and he comes back on some “ha ha nikka i was supposed to die so i could implement my real plan hahhaha” its like when Dr.Strange was like “yeah this needs to happen for is to have a chance” in Infinity Wars or whatever

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I give 7/10 which is better than the last one which is the worst MCU movie IMO.
I liked the science fiction aspect a lot. I know exposition is frowned on but when they get all sciency about what is going on I really like it.
JM was great as Kang. And the major plot beats I thought were good except for the ants save the day out of nowhere.
The revolution and down trodden people of the QM was unnecessary.
I really enjoyed the end credit scenes and recreating the Council of Kangs panel from The Avengers comic.
And MODOK's death scene and how he became an Avenger right before his death was hilarious.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I heard a podcast analyze the reception so far and its VERY on point, imo

in short

the reason this movie is getting killed on RT and other platforms is this:

we've given Marvel the benefit of the doubt for years. Heres how they lost it:

No way home :blessed:
Moon Knight - Okay...that was just...not good...but thats a tv show...so...i shouldn't consider it right? :scust:
Dr. Strange - well...marvel really isn't making PROGRESS :lupe: this wasn't abhorrent but very flawed but i should continue giving the benefit of the doubt right?
Ms. Marvel - :unimpressed: whats going on, marvel...
Thor - :dahell: wtf is this...i gave you A LOT OF PASSES...you need to deliver
She hulk - WTF IS THIS...i can't even give you the disney+ pass now
Black Panther - :patrice: i guess it was fine but this isn't hitting like the last package
Quantumania - OKAY. WE'RE DONE GIVING YOU A PASS...NOW we're gonna grade you NOT on the marvel scale, but on the regular scale as everything else. You're getting a C- now. AT BEST. 48%

I fully expect marvel movies other than the core avengers to be judged on a very 'regular' scale...they very well could deliver, but the benefit of the doubt we gave shyt like Black widow and shang chi ain't here anymore it seems...
Critics loved Ms. Marvel.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I give 7/10 which is better than the last one which is the worst MCU movie IMO.
I liked the science fiction aspect a lot. I know exposition is frowned on but when they get all sciency about what is going on I really like it.
JM was great as Kang. And the major plot beats I thought were good except for the ants save the day out of nowhere.
The revolution and down trodden people of the QM was unnecessary.
I really enjoyed the end credit scenes and recreating the Council of Kangs panel from The Avengers comic.
And MODOK's death scene and how he became an Avenger right before his death was hilarious.
Mods can we get this guy banned for ignoring the spoiler requirements? :troll:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukk with this one. I like it better than the second one

The big problem with these movies that I started to notice in Thor 3 is that the story has naturally taken a bit of a darker tone but the writers don’t seem to trust the audience enough to dial back the humor just a little bit.

All they really need it is to turn it down just a notch and these movies will be exponentially better
That's my problem. I think that after the bad reviews with Eternals they are scared to not include their trademark humor

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
And yes MCU movies ALL have comedy and besides IW the good guy wins at the end. You would think people would have noticed by now. lol

Exactly. Seems like people wanted Kang to murk the entire Ant-man cast, but that was just never going to happen.

Outside of Endgame, MCU protagonists are rarely killed. From a business POV, can't really blame them :manny: popular characters make money

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Mods can we get this guy banned for ignoring the spoiler requirements? :troll:
full

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yes MCU movies ALL have comedy and besides IW the good guy wins at the end. You would think people would have noticed by now. lol
Blaming comedy is an oversimplification

Nikkas ain't mad about MCU movies having comedy, as they've always had it
. It's the fact that phase 4 has tripled down on the comedy and quippy dialogue and

1. An increase in comedy aligned with a perceived increase in stakes is a conflict of interest. None of this shyt feels important or consequential. Thor 4 is a perfect display of this

2. The jokes ain't been hittin(No Way Home was funny tho)

Reducing nikkas issue to "MCU movies all have comedy" is bordering on a bad faith argument

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Blaming comedy is an oversimplification

Reducing nikkas issue to "MCU movies all have comedy" is bordering on a bad faith argument
Bordering? It always has been. nikkas blew their cover years ago when they was slapping they knees in aqua man and Shazam and turning around the next day and saying MCU was too kiddy, had too many jokes and had no stakes.