Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

TrapParis

All Star
Daps

He just need the name recognition and then its off to the races :jawalrus:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
another sociopathic candidate running for celebrity, adulation, and self aggrandizement. take your UBI and :camby:

You really think that? I read his book earlier this year, the guy believes in the automation wave and these policies. He said it himself, he didn't wake up wanting to run for President.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You really think that? I read his book earlier this year, the guy believes in the automation wave and these policies. He said it himself, he didn't wake up wanting to run for President.
having a perspective on automation and thus UBI doesn't make you presidential material. dude is loving the elevated platform and attention. he leans into the celebrity of #yanggang a little too hard, just seems like an attention seeking tech bro.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
having a perspective on automation and thus UBI doesn't make you presidential material. dude is loving the elevated platform and attention. he leans into the celebrity of #yanggang a little too hard, just seems like an attention seeking tech bro.

What is presidential though? The qualifications for running in the constitution are being 35 years old and a native born citizen... I'm all for people who ain't billionaires giving it a shot if they have an idea. UBI is a powerful idea to run on. He said it himself, he either wins or a lot of those people on stage with him will sound like him. Look at Pete repeating Yang's talking points. Elizabeth Warren told him last week that she's halfway through his book. Bernie is putting his arms around him on the debate stage saying I like you cause of your ideas.

I think when your campaign had $20,000 in the bank in December 2018, on the fringiest of fringes, and then you get catapulted to #5-#6 in national and state polling, I'd think its more appreciation :yeshrug:

I've got criticisms of Yang but him being attention seeking or an egoist ain't one, tbh.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What is presidential though? The qualifications for running in the constitution are being 35 years old and a native born citizen... I'm all for people who ain't billionaires giving it a shot if they have an idea. UBI is a powerful idea to run on. He said it himself, he either wins or a lot of those people on stage with him will sound like him. Look at Pete repeating Yang's talking points. Elizabeth Warren told him last week that she's halfway through his book. Bernie is putting his arms around him on the debate stage saying I like you cause of your ideas.

I think when your campaign had $20,000 in the bank in December 2018, on the fringiest of fringes, and then you get catapulted to #5-#6 in national and state polling, I'd think its more appreciation :yeshrug:

I've got criticisms of Yang but him being attention seeking or an egoist ain't one, tbh.
presidential is not running on one idea and showing a lack of understanding of almost every other topic, which honestly, are bigger and more pressing than UBI - which will not happen in the next 4-8 years...hell, i don't think M4A in its purest form will either and that's a much easier to grasp and understand threats/benefits of

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
presidential is not running on one idea and showing a lack of understanding of almost every other topic, which honestly, are bigger and more pressing than UBI - which will not happen in the next 4-8 years...hell, i don't think M4A in its purest form will either and that's a much easier to grasp and understand threats/benefits of

I agree with you and thats why Yang on foreign policy stinks and other areas like regulating big tech seem like subservence to power. On the other hand, he does have a lot of other ideas on his campaign page and quite frankly, he'd be well served to run on those more clearly.

And I agree with you on M4All. There's no shot at passing it in 2021 even with a Dem majority of 51-52 seats in a best case scenario. Whatever is brought up will probably be something that expands coverage while attempting to curb costs. But ANYTHING healthcare will be fought against viciously by the hospitals, insurers, drug companies, device manufacturers, etc..

Bernie and Warren are crystal clear on the executive power they have. Only heard Yang speak of using executive action on drugs in line with the other candidates. I also think his experience in running a business is a valuable perspective on healthcare that isn't talked about enough which is how its a drag on business.