Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Why Is Andrew Yang Running for President?

Yang went into the fire with Mehdi Hassan. Props for taking one of the toughest interviews on the left but I think his responses flopped on a handful of important questions (the tax conversation stood out since I've been skeptical on that and he still hasn't tightened up his responses there).

Yeah, I’m glad he went on with Mehdi who’s a legit leftist. Yang has mastered debating right wingers but if he’s going to legit get progressives on his corner he has to tighten up that tax issue. I understand why he’d see a VAT as a way to get the bounties of these tax dodging corporations but it is regressive even if you’re gonna use it to pay the Dividend. Mehdi basically asks why not just jack up corporate tax or more progressive taxation. And Yang says he’s for it but he doesn’t have a tax plan besides a few tax policies on his site.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, I’m glad he went on with Mehdi who’s a legit leftist. Yang has mastered debating right wingers but if he’s going to legit get progressives on his corner he has to tighten up that tax issue. I understand why he’d see a VAT as a way to get the bounties of these tax dodging corporations but it is regressive even if you’re gonna use it to pay the Dividend. Mehdi basically asks why not just jack up corporate tax or more progressive taxation. And Yang says he’s for it but he doesn’t have a tax plan besides a few tax policies on his site.

Exactly, he needs to tighten up some answers. He can take some of Mehdi's comments and really improve (and I think he HAS to if he wants to be viable). The electoral college discussion also hits nice point where Yang gets himself into some rhetorical trouble that he could avoid just by touching up his delivery without changing his position (although I think he'd be best off to change the position altogether).

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Hung out with the DC #YangGang last night

Many Bernie, Warren and Kamala fans in attendance.

Asked Andrew about the criticism of his UBI from the left in that it doesn’t stack it on top of stuff like SSDI. He said he wants to expand social security and supports the House bill raising the cap.

Other people pushed him on the VAT

They’re nearly at 130,000 donors and are sure they’ll be in the September debates which will have atleast 8.

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
Andrew Yang is rising at the right time.

Will be next to both Biden and Sanders in the debate.

Will be on Stephen Colbert on Monday.

His Vegas odds are rising.

It could actually happen