Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
WTF. I haven't seen this anywhere. What is the reason?

He got a weird run of support from trollish Pepe the Frog meme'rs a while back. I'd guess that got some people nervous, I've never seen him embrace or acknowledge any of that mess and I'm pretty sure it was just more trolling but it is and what it is.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
He got a weird run of support from trollish Pepe the Frog meme'rs a while back. I'd guess that got some people nervous, I've never seen him embrace or acknowledge any of that mess and I'm pretty sure it was just more trolling but it is and what it is.

So essentially if racists wanted to torpedo a democrat's campaign, all they have to do is throw public support to that candidate and people will assume that candidate is also a racist. Critical thinking really has taken a nose dive in today's society smh.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So essentially if racists wanted to torpedo a democrat's campaign, all they have to do is throw public support to that candidate and people will assume that candidate is also a racist. Critical thinking really has taken a nose dive in today's society smh.

There's a fickle contingent for any cause or idea at this point fam.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
I'm hoping that Yang has another Chicago rally in the near future.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
At first, I was though Yang was brave going on traditional media and going on fox news. Now it seems this is the only place I see Yang. Am I missing an angle here?

Doing anything to get name recognition. Fox has been more willing so they can paint him as extremist

He’s been on MSNBC this week

CNN isn’t putting him on much

TIME, New York Times, Politico all have stories on him this past week

---

Superstar
Daps
He's going for the "it's the economy, stupid" demographic. Which is why he's on Fox News all the time.

Hmm, fox business doesn't really care about the economy or balance reporting on business especially from a Democratic. Some angle I don't really see.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
At first, I was though Yang was brave going on traditional media and going on fox news. Now it seems this is the only place I see Yang. Am I missing an angle here?

He's literally just hitting up every single outlet that will give him air time. I'm certain that he's done more radio interviews than any other candidate already.

It's also the long troll. When the racists supported Trump they saw him take flack for it, so now they want to pick out other random candidates to support and then claim hypocrisy if anyone else calls out their Trump support again.

I think most people always sucked at critical thinking, but at least they had some authority figure on top who was trying and they could follow them. Now with social media/the internet there's no meaningful gateway, so the non-thinking folks follow any damn idiotic thing they see.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm kinda shocked you're a fan of this dude

He's got good policy ideas, he has some funny ones, and he has some that I think could be pretty problematic.

He isn't my first choice but IMO he is the best of the long shots vying for the nomination and probably with the most room to grow during the debates if he plays it right. UBI/Freedom Dividend needs to be talked about more. Automation has to be talked about more. And I think he has some valid points about technology and its affect on our lives.

The identity politics stuff was :smh: I'm not down with the Libertarian leaning stuff. But his book was a good read and I did enjoy it.