Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So when I left America, I searched for the best deals all over the world. Places I could make the most money for the least effort, also searched for places I could receive the best healthcare.

THUMB.jpg

In the top right-hand corner is Taiwan. Any healthcare problems I flight to for a few hours or stay there for a couple of weeks to get things fixed.
We gotta be a bit more honest with our graphs, India does NOT have better healthcare than USA or NZ lol.

---

Superstar
Daps
We gotta be a bit more honest with our graphs, India does NOT have better healthcare than USA or NZ lol.

Doesn't matter what you feel about it, your opinion doesn't outweight stats. Got a problem with it take it up with HSBC.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

India allows for generic versions of medications to be produced and doesn't give a fukk about IP protection as long as it greatly benefits their citizens. Theres a decent chance certain parts of their HC system ARE superior to ours.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Doesn't matter what you feel about it, your opinion doesn't outweight stats. Got a problem with it take it up with HSBC.
Stats on what? Please do tell. Which outcome for which ailment are you going to be better off being treated in India? I can't believe you're even considering that a legit possibility.

India allows for generic versions of medications to be produced and doesn't give a fukk about IP protection as long as it greatly benefits their citizens. Theres a decent chance certain parts of their HC system ARE superior to ours.
Brehs, PLEASE go ahead and personally experience ANY part of their health care system before y'all come in here spouting nonsense. The guy who posted it said he was looking to where he will receive the best health care. He will NOT get that in India. It is ridiculous that this is even a question.

For example, the biggest state in India has 140 psychiatrists....for 200,000,000 people. Imagine only have 1 psychiatrist for every 1.5 million people. And that's not the only part of the medical system where the professionals are in extreme short supply. Not to mention lack of equipment, failing infrastructure, etc. Many hospitals don't even have clean bathrooms.

I've been in an emergency room several times, I've watched people literally die right around me. Yet 4/5 of the medical staff in the emergency room were immobile, doing nothing at any particular time. Sometimes they won't even check out your patient unless you start insisting on it. If you have to move someone from one part of the hospital to another you have to do it yourself. Overprescription is insanely rampant - my daughter got a light fever and the doctor said, "it's probably a stomach virus" and then prescribed antibiotics anyway. I've seen kids get prescribed antibiotics for colds. And it's never just an antibiotic either - it's like it's against the rules to write a prescription unless you include at least 4-5 drugs on the sheet. I saw someone get put on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds both because they had ONE panic attack. And all that shyt I just listed occurred in the top teaching hospital in a major state.

Bedside manner is nonexistent. If a woman is having a baby her husband isn't even allowed in the room. Doctors are known to yell at or strike women in labor. There are multiple instances of women refusing to go to the hospital because they're so scared of the doctors, then the baby is born at home and dies.

Female feticide became so common in the medical system that the government made it illegal to show parents the ultrasound or tell them the sex of the baby. The only difference it made is that now you have to bribe the doctors to get the results. Often they charge a package deal for the gender reveal + abortion if it's a girl. This is so common that some states are losing 80-140 girls for every 1000 births, and the number of young men is so dramatically outpacing the # of young women that girls are getting married off as early as 12 and it still isn't meeting the demand for brides.

I ain't "blaming" India for the extremely poor state of their public health system. There are myriad causes behind it, which include corruption, brain drain to Western countries, extreme income inequality across national boundaries, and extreme power differentials within the country. But regardless of the reasons, that chart was portrayed by Ledged as showing "where I could receive the best health care", and if its claiming that he'll receive better health care in India than he would in America, it's a useless chart.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Andrew said at around 41:55 that his Freedom Dividend would be Preceding the VAT.

Also, later on, he seems to suggest deficit spending for student loan forgiveness.

"Does anyone remember voting on the Wall Street bailout? Do you remember the referendum where we said to either forgive the people who have these mortgages on their home and keep them in their homes or do you want to bail out Wall Street? You remember voting on that? I do not remember voting on that."

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
:ohhh: sleeping on Yang would be a big mistake imo
Most of the criticism has been pretty predictable and uninspired. I think theyre hoping he just disappears.
Still, it's going to be difficult for him to get any serious consideration without a strong showing in the early states. He's still got a long road before he could even be seen as having an outside chance.