Andre 3000 GQ Video Interview: “sometimes it feels inauthentic for me to rap because I don’t have anything to talk about in that way.”

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I mean... even Jay Z hasn't had an album in what 4 or 5 years now?

Nas went years without an album and then started just forcing himself to pump out music.

I get where Dre is coming from.

He's not hungry anymore.
Hell his features keep him feds

Superstar
Daps
It hasn’t been no 17 yrs

2023- killer mike

2020 - goodie mob

2019- Anderson paak

2017- nerd

2016- was his most active yr in a long time

Dre been active ppl don’t pay attention to em like that

And he’s been on Grammy winners n nominated albums

Funny when Dre pops up ppl write like he has been inactive

When he has invoices .: jus a couple months he had the internet goin nuts over his killer mike appearance

Before that Kanye’s album

Now it’s been 17 yrs

84years-its-been84years.gif

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I swear these old rappers are coddled about their delusional "artistry". A Visual Artist paints until physically disabled or death. Same with musicians...but no...Rappers grow out of their art or become Thespians and then bytch about it not being pure.

I'm sick of the shyt. Devin The Dude is almost 60 and heading the Willie Nelson route...talking about life at that age range.

Ya art is supposed to grow with you. You don't outgrow your art like a twin mattress you had as a child and now you need a California King.

But yall make excuses for these "artists".

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There's just never been enough people doing it for it to become a real thing. When Nas dropped Life is Good 11 years ago I thought we'd see a grown and sexy subgenre of rap flourish but it never caught on. Probably because a lot of rappers lack the maturity and depth to do it. A lot of these cats have peter pan syndrome. But what's funny is with the state of hip hip being what it is we need people like Dre more than ever. Even if he is rapping about his bad eyes it'd be a nice change of pace and breathe some new life into the genre. We can agree to disagree but I think it's not because it can't be done it's because it hasn't been done.

That's why I love what Nas and Hit did.

You can have mature rap without being on that Peter Pan ignant shyt.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
totally understand that. on top of seeing everybody in the universe trying to rap its boring

doing musical music is freeing and not just anybody can hop on a computer and do that...

still not checking for no flute album but i completely understand where hes at. i havent written anything since like 2017