Andre 3000 GQ Video Interview: “sometimes it feels inauthentic for me to rap because I don’t have anything to talk about in that way.”

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I actually think it would be cool if he did rap about his bad eyesight and getting a colonoscopy with his humor mixed :manny:

older heads would appreciate someone speaking for them, would even give some insight to the younger heads what happens when you get older.

Idk just some perspective.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
The only people who hate on 3k are online :russ:

Nikkas that listen to sum shyt like Immortal Technique and Talib Kweli or sum other washed rappers no one cares about actually tryna talk shyt:laff::laff::laff:

There's a reason All time greats in the industry hold Dre in high regard. And the best producers are obsessed with sending him beats

:mjlol:@ some of y'all who's favs are garbage ass rappers that no one cares about. His flute album bout to outsell them hahahah

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Shows how one dimensional he is a rapper. I think the game is missing mature rap; family, health, aging, etc.
:what:

No it doesn't. His subject matter would do that. And he has never been one dimensional on songs

He said he is uninspired and feeling like he might not be relatable. Where did you get one dimensional breh? :pachaha:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
this is the problem with music as a whole. No room for artistic interpretation. People only want to sing and rap about personal experience. Otherwise they feel "inauthentic." as if that matters in an artistic medium.

Imagine if actors and directors did the same thing, Only movies we would get would be autobiograpical films, like the blindside.

You can make music about anything, doesn't just have to be life experience. I just heard idris elba rapping about Night City in a recent Cyberpunk 2077 playthrough. Try something like that. Too many artists trying to keep it real instead of actually being creative.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:what:

No it doesn't. His subject would do that. And he has never been one dimensional on songs

He said he is uninspired not and feeling like he might not be relatable. Where did you get one dimensional breh? :pachaha:
In the context that he doesn’t think he has anything cool to share with listeners in regards to rap. It seems like he only thinks youthful matters are cool enough to rap about. That’s one dimensional to me.