Andre 3000 GQ Video Interview: “sometimes it feels inauthentic for me to rap because I don’t have anything to talk about in that way.”

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
He deserves his accolades, just doesn’t feed the streets anymore.

Of course, I’m surprised he’s not trying to carve out his piece of the pie.

I enjoyed the unique styles he used in love below. Personally, I enjoy when artists take risk and bare their souls. He’s human at the end of the day, and if he doesn’t feel comfortable rapping that’s fine. It just seems like he doesn’t think the rap audience is sophisticated enough to appreciate his work.

I understand that from a business aspect, but will the flute tape crack numbers like that?

If it’s funky and cleverly done, yes.

thats some condescending arrogant shyt. You said that not him btw. that audience is what made him.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Glad this chapter is over.

Got dudes like Lupe and Earl talking about new things and growth as beings. Their creativity isn't limited and they publish a lot of work.

Lupe made a song about sneaker head culture.
:wow:

The hype is too great just like how there will never be a final Game of Thrones book, the anticipation has given pause to the creators.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
He admits there's things in his life he can rap about, but do fans want to hear that? When you know folks don't want to hear what you got to say, the smart man keeps his mouth shut. Which seems to be what dude is doing. Its hard to find fault in that.

This is such trash. Not only are you Andre 3k, you’re a grown damn man. On some ‘tee hee, but will they like mw’

Bottom line he has that artist insecurity that Dre had around detox. He’s been given all the (undue) accolades with no solo work so why actually do any solo work that can be critiqued. THATS what this is

Bc content wise, dude been traveling the world living life watching his kids grow up I would hope he’s got some shyt to talk about :mjtf: Like ngga have you grown mentally, spiritually

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
He has literally done exactly what you are supposed to do as a successful person let alone rapper........left shyt behind as he matured and ascended. The exact opposite of this is little wayne.......he has been his ENTIRE ADULT LIFE and most of his teenage years.........how many times c an Nina and her sisters be spoken about as a man whose brain is so drug addled at this point the hood life is a struggle memory that damn near might be hazy as fukk right now......

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
This is for all you goofies that tried to say this man is top 10 of all time. Sure he shines like a MF on those old Outkast albums but outside of those, he has minimal content and hasn’t given us anything new in at least 3 or4 eras now.

Plus his answer here is make makes him sound super “inauthentic” as an emcee…. Imagine, nas, Jay or Face saying some shyt like this

:mjtf:
The only real one in that group is Face and that's because that nikka is struggling to this day. It's fukk the camel forever, ain't nothing he saying relatable, who the fukk is he even talking to. Nas has always had a foot in and another foot trying to get out, he can still talk that street shyt in a story to educate........old nikkas rapping has to be stopped.........

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Álbum mighht get sampled get him some residuals. Maybe.

At the same time these Zoomers like laser beam sounds whacky noises so maybe not

Might be just be a good album for studying and reading to. Or if you wanna learn phrasing or melody

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
That nygga tripping…I sometimes go an listen to his verse only on that Kanye song…him rapping about his mama…I be tearing up..

Shyt, I think ima go listen to it now.
That verse is too deep man, makes me think about the mortality of my mother. Scares me. :mjcry: