Andre 3000 GQ Video Interview: “sometimes it feels inauthentic for me to rap because I don’t have anything to talk about in that way.”

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
:noah:48 and still fine as hell.

I don't know the man, but I wish people would leave him alone and let him live...can't for the life of me understand the hate he gets from some people. Similar sentiments towards a civilian wouldn't translate; the layman who had performed and mastered a skill over an era would not be getting consistent criticism if he, one day, just decided he was tired of it and moved on to something else in his life. Can't understand why celebrities aren't given the same grace at times. All of us - celebrity or not - have the finite resources of time and energy to exploit, and famous folks are under the clock just like everyone else.

Mr. Benjamin is not calling himself the GOAT - other people are doing that. I find it interesting he has been candid about his personal mental/emotional shortcomings and, at from what I've seen on here, gets flack from other men for doing so and expressing he really doesn't have a desire to continue rapping like that anymore. How does that work?

The success he and Antwan have earned over the years comes from their own work and efforts. Certainly fans are on the other side of that success, as we are the consumers of their artform, but we aren't the ones writing, performing, and dealing with whatever goes on in the life of someone famous. I don't know why Outkast fans keep thinking this man is not entitled to live his own life, and I'm saying that as a fan myself. It makes me think a lot of these folks must be living vicariously through him or something.

All that said, I'm looking forward to hearing his new album tomorrow.

NAUGHTY

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Whorelando, FL
LOL. As an Outkast fan and GA native, I’m tired of this nikka and his stans tryna Juelz about why he doesn’t wanna rap when the nikka literally told everybody on his verse for “Sorry” (ironic title).

What it ain't, What it is?
Even if you gotta live
I learned that apartment is way more exciting than a big ass house on a hill
I used to be a way better writer and a rapper
When I used to want a black Karmann Ghia
Now a nikka speeding in a Porsche
Feeling like I'm going off a course

Cut these fukk nikkas off
Negative in my life, scream that till I'm hoarse
Duck these get the fukk off me projectiles, bytch you ain't really got a choice
I'm living my life live yours
I don't even like rapping fast, but that's how the word come to me
Talk to me sideways nikka that's your ass
Slow it down, this that shyt that'll make you call your momma
Say hey I'm sorry for begging for all them clothes you couldn't afford
And this the type of shyt that'll make you call your rap partner
And say I'm sorry I'm awkward, my fault for fukkin' up the tours
I hated all the attention so I ran from it
fukk it if we did, but I hope we ain't lose no fans from it
I'm a grown-ass kid, you know ain't never cared about no damn money
Why do we try so hard to be stars, just to dodge comments

And this that shyt that'll make you call your baby mama
When you gone on half a pill, don't know why but that's how it is
Then you take a flight back to the crib, y'all make love like college kids
And you say all the shyt you gon' do better, we can try this shyt again
'Round the time the dope wear off, you feel stupid, she feel lost
That's that dope, I mean, I mean dopamine you think Cupid done worn off
Waiting in the hallway with her arms crossed
Baby boy face full of applesauce
Maybe should have stayed but it ain't yo fault
Too much pressure, I peel off, I'm sorry
Was young and had to choose between you
And what the rest of the world might offer me, shyt what would you do

Well I'd probably do it differently if second the chance
Only if some cool ass older man would've let me know in advance
This, this quarry, that is dug so deep in a father's chest
When he feel that he's broken up his nest
And he figured shyt he was just doing the best that he could
Which end up being the worst that he could
And all some p*ssy nikka on the internet can say is that verse ain't good
It's boring, boring?
Really?

There’s also the fact that his mama’s passing plays a significant part in him not returning as well.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I feel him though. Sometimes you wanna do something different. That’s how artists are. But, HOW he’s pivoting makes me laugh.

That track list sounds like some weird conversation with him.

Basically because IT IS

He’s trying to warn everyone with the track list

And the flute? No lie, I wanna see him at a jam session one day

:pachaha:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
This site phony as hell..nikkas talking about Nas and there being a lane for old man mature raps when Nas is selling 10K copies and going quadruple linoleum.

Same site that clamors for Drake albums when that man has been rapping from the perspective of an emotionally stunted 25 year old for a decade .

That last little brother album was chocked full of grown man raps and it was QUIET out here .

Unlike what nikkas fake claim there isn’t a lane for bad eyesight/colonoscopy raps..Stop the cap and keep it 100.

Rap is one dimensional as hell

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Crazy how Metallica, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam and others are still releasing music and are respected across generations. No one in their respective genres call them :flabbynsick: .

We just create and discard our music and artists. No wonder why it’s so easy for outsiders to control it and displace us. Go to any Jazz festival and black folk are in the minority. SMH. This “culture” is a shambles.:wow:
The issue is ageism. Hip Hop is a young person’s game.

When it comes to Hip Hop, critics are quick to blast at OG’s calling them “washed” and “old”.

Respect is due to pay acknowledgment to those who came before them. Especially trendsetters like Andre 3stacks

Regardless what naysayers say, OutKast shifted the paradigm not just for Southern Hip Hop but Hip Hop in general

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
His raps have evolved like dave chapelle with his comedy specials

And I like it , its more mature n grown

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
The very same folks that hated Kendrick’s last album are confused as to why Andre feels like he has nothing to rap about and I feel when he says that he’s saying he has nothing to give to most rap fans on top of the lack of inspiration.

Hip Hop has a habit of placing folks in a narrow box. You step outside that box and folks don’t know what to do with it.