Andre 3000 GQ Video Interview: “sometimes it feels inauthentic for me to rap because I don’t have anything to talk about in that way.”

Superstar
Daps
He just worried people will say he no longer has "it" anymore.

He could rap about the state of the world

He could rap about questioning his role as a father as his kids grow up and don't need him in the same ways.

He could rap about how he feels about getting older and seeing where his legacy has lead.

Maybe one day he’ll be inspired to do that, but for now…

playing-flute-jack-donaghy.gif

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
This is how you get stuck with Peter Pan expectations, because an entire generation listened to enemies and believed "it's a young man's game" from A&Rs /labels/magazines with a vested interest in not letting wisdom have a place in the artform...and by extension the wider culture.

Take the middlemen out, take the shackles off :manny:

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
I hate how people slight Big Boi, in any event if he’s not rapping or doing some sort of rap fusion, I’m just not tryna hear this nikka play the pied piper. Really wish rappers would stay in they lane.

Also Speakerboxxx>>>>>Love Below

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Let him cook, world needs his artistry in whatever form it comes in. Closed minded folks will get left behind

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
Y'all stay over rating this nikka. A lot of stuff to rap about at that age. Just because you can't get outta the way then nikka..big boi still doing his thing

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the context that he doesn’t think he has anything cool to share with listeners in regards to rap. It seems like he only thinks youthful matters are cool enough to rap about that. That’s one dimensional to me.

So you’ll cop his record about getting a colonoscopy and switching from term to whole life insurance? Or that he and his lady went and picked out drapes together? You’d bang those records?

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
He don’t need a pass. He already created and established a legacy through his work with the Dungeon Family, both rapping and producing with Earthtone III.

What are we gonna do, send a bunch of :dahell: smileys to his dm? Lol
That's a good idea
:ohhh:

Just flood his DMs with Gucci Mane remix smileys. It's like a hundred of em