And There were Young Warriors against a King's Legacy...OFFICIAL CAVS VS. WARRIORS NBA FINALS Thread

Cavs or Warriors

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 116 30.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 37 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
What about the 3's Steph missed in games 2 and 3? Who's more likely to make open shots between Shump, Delly or Steph?
He wasnt uncontested. Most of Curry's points have come from the TT or Shump where they dont stay close enough to him but i he hasnt missed a wide open 3.
If there is no hand in your face, you should hit at least 40% on 3s and the Cavs werent able to do that. They shot 14%! 14%!!!!! That has to be a super low.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yeah....very low key, Curry has figured them out and is coasting. He's driving right past Dellavedova and is KILLING the Cavs when they switch on the pick and rolls. He (and Thompson) are being decoys that as a result is opening the floor up for Iggy, Green, Barnes, etc to attack or shoot WIDE OPEN 3s.
When Cavs started 7-0, Curry hit a 3 and got some things going to get his team on track. When the Cavs got it the deficit down to 3 points late (in the 3rd I believe) he hit some shots and halted the Cavs' momentum. If GSW needed him to score 35+ it could have happened.

Curry also got a lot of hockey assists and played great defense contesting shots, making Delly uncomfortable, and when doubling Bron.

Cavs are trapping him on pick and roll and he's not forcing shots. He played a good, controlled game as a PG on a great team.
How do you play 41 minutes and be considered to be coasting in the finals? :dwillhuh: Delly, JR and Shump make their 3s and thw narrative would be different. Curry and Thompson arent having their way because of the relentless coverage. Only time they get good shots is when the Cavs defence go on occassional lapses or Blatt fukks up and puts TT on Curry or Delly on Thompson.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How do you play 41 minutes and be considered to be coasting in the finals? :dwillhuh: Delly, JR and Shump make their 3s and thw narrative would be different. Curry and Thompson arent having their way because of the relentless coverage. Only time they get good shots is when the Cavs defence go on occassional lapses or Blatt fukks up and puts TT on Curry or Delly on Thompson.
Because he was able to respond in crucial situations when they needed him. And he was able to ISO and get buckets pretty easily. I got the feeling last night he could have shot the ball more if he wanted to. He ISO'd Delly a few times and had success.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What about the 3's Steph missed in games 2 and 3? Who's more likely to make open shots between Shump, Delly or Steph?

True. Steph's still shooting 36% from 3 in the Finals which is good. Shump and Smith are both shooting under 30% which is god awful.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Because he was able to respond in crucial situations when they needed him. And he was able to ISO and get buckets pretty easily. I got the feeling last night he could have shot the ball more if he wanted to. He ISO'd Delly a few times and had success.
This isnt rational at all. He could have shot a lot more but he couldnt because of the defence. There are some desperation shots he takes once in a while but its not like Curry is a 100% shooter, no one is and its a risk/reward thing when taking them. But then again, its just a felling you got and feelings can deceive. Anyway, lets wait for game 5

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This isnt rational at all. He could have shot a lot more but he couldnt because of the defence. There are some desperation shots he takes once in a while but its not like Curry is a 100% shooter, no one is and its a risk/reward thing when taking them. But then again, its just a felling you got and feelings can deceive. Anyway, lets wait for game 5
Yeah I'm unbiased. I'm not invested in the outcome of either teams. I've watched enough Warriors games this season...My eye is telling me he has another gear. And shots will always be there if he ISOs Delly at the top of the key....

But you believe that Dellavedova is locking him down?

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I'm unbiased. I'm not invested in the outcome of either teams. I've watched enough Warriors games this season...My eye is telling me he has another gear. And shots will always be there if he ISOs Delly at the top of the key....

Give him a couple of days of rest and I see a repeat of Game 2.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin

Yeah, Delly is doing a great coverage job. The only time Curry has an advantage is when he has to force his way to the rim(not his strongest point) and the Cavs dont provide support coverage. Delly makes him run around and denies him the ball in the first place(tiring), secondly he doesnt get the pull ups because Delly doesnt back out like Shump or TT so there is very
little airspace or momentary view of the rim. It not by accident that his effectiveness and efficiency is down.

Iggy is doing a similarly good job on Lebron but Lebron's efficiency has been down the entire regular season and playoffs so that needs to be seen in context. He has missed a lot of shots at the rim that he made in the past seasons

Last edited:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Pretty sure he was mocking you but hey I will let you cook.
I noticed. But I could have been more informative. I didn't really care about what Stephen A said though...I was more interested in him possibly being taken of the coverage. I'm not sweating dudes sarcasm.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
right now cavs offense is so predictable. lebron walks ball up court, lebron either 1)attacks. 2)passes to mozgov. 3)passes to deli. jr problem is he too 3 point trigger happy. yes, he was shooting 3's in denver and new york. but he was driving, passing, doing it all. if jr and shump step up, this could be a different series

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
right now cavs offense is so predictable. lebron walks ball up court, lebron either 1)attacks. 2)passes to mozgov. 3)passes to deli. jr problem is he too 3 point trigger happy. yes, he was shooting 3's in denver and new york. but he was driving, passing, doing it all. if jr and shump step up, this could be a different series
No he hasn't.

Was he doing it the last half of the season when he won 6poy? Yes. That is his own personal X factor...his simple choice to have a well balanced game

However, since the Elbow on Jason Terry...He has been a strictly bad shot, poor decision making 3 point shooter... That's where the NY frustration comes from and why we were content with giving him up for peanuts.

I don't want people getting it twisted like the KNicks traded him even with him playing well.