And There were Young Warriors against a King's Legacy...OFFICIAL CAVS VS. WARRIORS NBA FINALS Thread

Cavs or Warriors

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 116 30.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 37 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
today really showed how scrub his teammates are. Delly was just awful offensively and James Jones can't even catch the ball. Mozgov the only one that came to play.

I don't even want to mention Shumpert and Smith

Hopefully the extra day of rest does everyone on Cleveland good
Cavs still gotta feel good. Golden State won but they won differently than they're use to. They kinda got lucky.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
You mean his exhausted body quit on him and the suffocating defense that was imposed by the Warriors that slowed him down.
No I mean, I saw him quit just like he did the year before he went to the Heat and many times before

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
These teams are very close to evenly matched. I picked the warriors in 7 but cavs wining wouldn't surprise me
Kerr made a great adjustment and caught the Cavs slipping and tired

Now will Blatt/Coach Bron adjust? Because they will not win playing like this in Oakland but it still should be a 7 game series.

I love that it's so defensive oriented, with all splash bros hype, warriors are a better defensive than offensive team to begin with. And with Delly and Mozgov, the cavs have had some of the best defensive numbers in the league... Great basketball on both sides, i love it

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Boutta make a serious post.

You know I think it's funny. Cavs win a game and Warriors fans are talking about it being an "anomaly" and GS just needs to wake up and blah blah. But tonight they finally get a win, and it's almost entirely based on anomalies.

Where do I start?

1.) Iguodala absolutely SHOWED OUT. Hats off to him, but that's not the recipe for success. Just like Klay, you'll get a good game out of Iggy then he'll fade to obscurity in the next.

2.) JR and Shumpert played inexplicably bad. Don't get me wrong, they've been mediocre all series, but watching the Cavs get like 4 second chance 3s for Smith and watching him brick them all was cringe worthy. Speaking of which...

3.) The Cavs couldn't hit a 3 to save their lives. When GS can't score it's because "they're off", but Cle is shooting poorly and of course it's because of GS' "stifling defense." Go back and watch the game, the overwhelming majority of the 3s Cle shot were uncontested and they bricked everything. Delly, Shump, and JR especially.

4.) The Cavs were GASSED. They run a 7 man rotation and are battling all night, it showed in tonight's game with 1 day's rest. LeBron was on an IV for cramps before the game. Delly was in the hospital just a night before from dehydration. No one looked like they were mentally checked in besides Mozgov, who (this isn't a coincidence) has seen the least minutes of all the Cavs starters this series.

5.) LeBron played horribly. No one expects him to shoot great percentages, but he wasn't even shooting in volume. He didn't look aggressive and was missing lots of FTs, again probably due to fatigue.

6.) On top of missing lots of 3s, Cle was missing a lot of point blank layups as well, again probably due to fatigue. Despite dominating the glass they weren't converting all that well. They shot 33%.

7.) For the first time all series, GS was able to play at the fast pace they like. And again, I chalk this down to Cleveland being absolutely gassed. Dudes were leaking out for straight up uncontested fast breaks. That won't fly with 2 days rest.

And despite all that the Cavs were down 3 and within striking distance of the Warriors at the end of the 3rd. For a moment it looked like they were gonna take the game. Don't let the final score fool you, GS gave Cleveland their absolute best shot tonight and Cleveland played about as awful as they can play and this game was still anyone's for the taking until Cleveland was running on fumes and decided to give up. And I don't wanna hear a single GS fan tell me that this wasn't their "best shot" because Curry and Thompson didn't play well. 4 games is a pattern, that "explosion" game is never coming for either of the Splash Bros.

2 Days of of much needed rest/recovery and time to make adjustments? Along with the fact that they'll be playing desperate because they just got beat? I'm not even worried. This series is cooked. Cavs in 6, on their home floor. :yeshrug:
:mjlol:

puggle

Superstar
Daps
No wonder Cavs lost, look at this sad shyt. :mjlol: fukking embarrassing. :heh:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah, but those last three minutes took forever (plus 2 overtimes) the previous three games.

And I think they were managing long before that. Mozgov got a lot more burn than he had been (only fresh player), Lebron took far fewer shots than he had been, Delly played more manageable minutes too.

Shump is 7-28 so far in this series. JR is 14-47. Even Delly is only 13-41. Those guys HAVE to step up and hit some shots or this series is over quickly.
They had to play limited though

GS kept bringing in fresh players and fresh bodies

Lee, Livingston, and Iguadala are blessings off the bench. Not only are they old school type players, they can score and defend in multiple ways.

People forgot that Iggy was an allstar... Used to be a human highlight reel and despite his age he's kept his athleticism. Dude has played in tough games before, played with Lebron and against him before. He's not afraid

Before injury, Livingston was legit threat because of his size and ability. He doesn't need to score to affect a game. Can run, can defend, and can shoot.

And Lee, IMO, was there best offensive low post player. You can dump it to him in the post and he could score in different ways, was a starter before injury.

On top of the depth they got at center, and Steph/ Thompson not really catching fire yet, and Barnes been struggling with his shot. If any one of those 3 start clicking