And There were Young Warriors against a King's Legacy...OFFICIAL CAVS VS. WARRIORS NBA FINALS Thread

Cavs or Warriors

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 116 30.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 37 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree with almost all your points...but I don't get why you think 4, 5, 6, 7 are a one-time occurrence. Cavs "might" be able to get the energy to play all-out one more time...but how are they going to do it twice in a row? There's too much accumulated wear...if Lebron summons everything up and plays a monster game on Saturday, plus the other guys play with all their hearts, they could get the win in Golden State...but then Game 6 will look exactly like today's game did. At that point, you really think they'd have enough left to win a Game 7?

Even more likely, either Lebron or the rest of the guys will be gassed still in Game 5, and this thing is over in 6.
They absolutely can. The 2 day's rest going into Game 5 will be huge and if they win, even with only 1 day to recover they're back home and it's their chance to win it on their floor. Motivation like that trumps any fatigue they might be feeling. Also, if GS continues the small ball Mosgov and Thompson can continue to eat and that will be essential because it puts less of a load on LeBron, for the first time all series. This game really came down to Cav role players making open 3s and FTs, which they failed horribly at, and despite that they were still in it for quite a bit. I want you to really go back and watch this game if you can and put down a tally mark everytime a Cavs player missed a wide open 3. You'll be at the end of the game looking like :scust:
You made good points, but some of them were off. You think Klay and Steph's comeout game is never coming, yet you're banking on JR and Shump coming to life eventually. GS is good defensive team, I think they're just doing a good job of locking down Clevelands guards. You can't expect Shumpert or JR to go off on this GS perimeter D.
I'm not banking on Jr and Shump coming to life. Go back and read the post. I said they've been mediocre all series and I expect that trend to continue. But typically either of them can give you at least 2 or 3 threes a game, or slash to the basket. Make contributions here or there. Today they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And a lot of those shots were uncontested. I'm not expecting Jr or Shump to go for 20 a piece and quite frankly, they don't need to. Cavs were within striking distance in the 3rd essentially playing 2 on 5 with Bron and Mosgov, it should tell you everything.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
According to Knicks fans, that's how they usually play. No excuse.

They normally don't hit a lot of 3's. They aren't a 3 point team.
Stopped reading here. 2 points in and you've already made it strikingly clear that you have a double-digit IQ. You don't know shyt about basketball. :mjlol:

They're taking 29 3s a game and shooting at 36 percent in the posteason.
GS is taking 31 a game and shooting at 37 percent.

But the Cavs aren't a "3 point shooting team." :skip:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with almost all your points...but I don't get why you think 4, 5, 6, 7 are a one-time occurrence. Cavs "might" be able to get the energy to play all-out one more time...but how are they going to do it twice in a row? There's too much accumulated wear...if Lebron summons everything up and plays a monster game on Saturday, plus the other guys play with all their hearts, they could get the win in Golden State...but then Game 6 will look exactly like today's game did. At that point, you really think they'd have enough left to win a Game 7?

Even more likely, either Lebron or the rest of the guys will be gassed still in Game 5, and this thing is over in 6.

U mean sunday

• Dap
Reactions: Meh