And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Netflix bread and butter seems to be shows that are these huge viral sensations that everybody are talking about and making memes about in order to stay relevant. When the show doesn't yield those kinds of results they cancel it. Backwards logic but that's how they roll.

If a series that they release isn't a squid game or a stranger things then it's deemed a failure.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Netflix released that documentary on Blockbuster last year where it bragged & bolstered about how Blockbuster turned them down at one point. Here we are, a year later, and look at what's happened. :wow: Netflix’s death spiral is the most entertaining thing that they’ve produced in years.

They thought thry were invincible. fukk em.

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Never should have even entered animation with their trash products.
They'd be better off, just linking up with Japan for exclusive international rights to rebroadcast and dub/sub

They need to cancel all the micheal bay and legacy films they are doing if they aren't 4 quardrant accessible as well.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Netflix released that documentary on Blockbuster last year where it bragged & bolstered about how Blockbuster turned them down at one point. Here we are, a year later, and look at what's happened. :wow: Netflix’s death spiral is the most entertaining thing that they’ve produced in years.
Like I said in my previous post I stream and the site has Netflix shows which a lot of them were good.

What did Netflix do to piss people off though? I really liked how they thumped BlockBuster. They were some ass holes with late fees. Them bytches would call before your rental was even up if you got a new release. Glad those bytches perished. :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Many companies like youtube earn cash off ads, that's why they don't care if you subscribe or not.

Netflix in the past made all their money from subscriptions. They don't care if you watch or not (to see ads) they only cared if you subscribed.

Now that subscribers are leaving they need ad money to make up for it, that's where ads come in.

Completely cosign what dude said before: need to bring some authentic Japanese anime in. I still can't stream Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust anywhere (outside of youtube), maybe they should seek to pull in rights to franchises like that. Bring in some legacy shows - that's a start.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Many companies like youtube earn cash off ads, that's why they don't care if you subscribe or not.

Netflix in the past made all their money from subscriptions. They don't care if you watch or not (to see ads) they only cared if you subscribed.

Now that subscribers are leaving they need ad money to make up for it, that's where ads come in.

Completely cosign what dude said before: need to bring some authentic Japanese anime in. I still can't stream Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust anywhere (outside of youtube), maybe they should seek to pull in rights to franchises like that. Bring in some legacy shows - that's a start.

Nah they’re finished. They made a huge error in not finishing series. Surprisingly that’s what makes HBO so good. They finished shyt if they could.

Anyone coulda seen this coming but they’re too deep in their suit way of thinking. It would take someone of an HBO exec caliber to bring them back. Three years of fire and series having endings. They got a back catalogue of trash lmao.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah they’re finished. They made a huge error in not finishing series. Surprisingly that’s what makes HBO so good. They finished shyt if they could.

Anyone coulda seen this coming but they’re too deep in their suit way of thinking. It would take someone of an HBO exec caliber to bring them back. Three years of fire and series having endings. They got a back catalogue of trash lmao.

Yeah they're spread way too thin. Worked fine in the past because there was not enough competition but now Disney, HBO, Amazon, etc. have a deep vault of content with far more classics and far less misses.

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I was literally just talking about how much I prefer HBO Max with some other people on discord. This is wild. And how the best thing I've watched from them recently was their animation (Arcane and Castelvania) lmao.
Castlevania is unmatched, Isaac the goat :ohlawd:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

And that’s was always the knock on regular tv.. too many ads. I knew streaming would catch up to that when it blew up. People talk bad about commercials but that’s how a lot of these companies make money. They can’t always rely on you to pay for some shyt that’s going to limit commercials because stuff like what’s happening now is inevitable. These free streaming sites are eating good out here, why??? The ads! Netflix will add them again and that should bring the subscription fee back down.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
The price increases relative to the content is just insane nowadays. Even more so in comparison to shyt like HBO Max or Disney+.

And the 4k/HDR plans are nuts

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Never should have even entered animation with their trash products.
They'd be better off, just linking up with Japan for exclusive international rights to rebroadcast and dub/sub

They need to cancel all the micheal bay and legacy films they are doing if they aren't 4 quardrant accessible as well.

They're fukkin that up too. Ask the JoJo fans.