And the Netflix bloodbath begins. Multiple execs fired, new shows canceled, anime studio slashed

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need my Castlevania Season 5, I don't care what other shows need to be axed (outside of the Witcher) for that to happen. :ufdup:

Nevermind, they #MeToo'd Warren Ellis last year. :francis:

It's a wrap...:mjcry:
Castlevania ended with the last season

There was talk of a spinoff but the main show is done

Daps
I keep telling people that a lot of these streaming services aren’t going to make it out here as it was more financial feasible to go the cable route. If Netflix is out here struggling, then imagine how other streaming services are doing :sas2:

Content isn’t cheap to produce even if it’s done in house.

shyt..... netflix ain't post a profit yet have they????... imagine all the newere ones then....

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I said that from jump. They got people thinking they’re saving money by buying up all these streaming services with internet. It’s not much different from having cable unless you’re streaming shyt illegally. It’s happening to Netflix now but I bet more will take a hit too.
People say this but it’s false. If anyone is sniffing what they paid for cable tv packages monthly, they have 10x the amount of content than cable provided. Most folks aren’t near what cable tv cost

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just came home and cancelled it :mjcry: said it's gonna end at the end of the payment plan :stopitslime:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Netflix Officially Adding Commercials

It's the end of an era for Netflix. While the service has long been praised for its total lack of ads and commercials, Netflix is reversing its course on the matter. On Tuesday, Deadline reported that Netflix co-CEO Reed Hastings said that ads will soon be incorporated into the service.

Hastings' comments come shortly after Chief Product Officer Greg Peters acknowledged that there would be differences in pricing for subscriptions in different territories. Both Hastings and Peters discussed the current state of Netflix, and its future, during the company's first-quarter earnings call, which was posted to YouTube on Tuesday. During the interview, the CEO noted that they will begin to implement advertising on Netflix in the "next year or two."

"One way to increase the price spread is advertising on low-end plans and to have lower prices with advertising," Hastings said. "Those who have followed Netflix know that I've been against the complexity of advertising and a big fan of the simplicity of subscription." Even though he has been against the incorporation of advertising in the past, he acknowledged that this would be a necessary step for the streaming platform. He also said that this would be a positive for Netflix subscribers, as it will give them "consumer choice" and the ability to choose a cheaper subscription, albeit one with advertisements.

:hhh::mjlol::scust: