And another one gone: Scalebound has been cancelled.

GRIMLOCK

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u72AGzC.gif

ARGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!

ME GRIMLOCK FOWND @Mowgli DADDEE!!!!!

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

ME GRIMLOCK ROAST!!!!

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Agreed. The combat looked trash in the 2016 E3 trailer. Just endlessly firing a bow at a hp sponge. Looked like platinum didn't know how to do combat in a more traditional Rpg style.
In fairness from what I've read the game they showed to journalists in back rooms was a lot different and had a combat system called dragon link that was combo based.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Microsoft always been shady when dealing with studios. Can't trust them to release a decent game.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When's the last time Sony cancelled a game? shyt they stuck with last guardian for years
Apparently Santa Monica had been working on a big game that wasn't god of war that got cancelled which is why theirs been such a long gap in their releases.

As well with Sony bend apparently.

But they'd never been shown to the public so it's not quite the same.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I really do wonder what the fukk is going on at Microsoft.

I mean bungie leaves,they shut down lion head and cancel fable,they shut down project spark,they cancel this,they cancel phantom dust after reports of them totally fukking over the studio,remedy has bounced,and after ushering in and Sheparding the indie scene on console last Gen indies have by and large abandoned them with some like Jonathan blow saying very bad things about them

:picard:.

They're 1 step forward 2 steps back this whole Gen.

It reeks of something rotten,and very poor management and it has continued under Phil Spencer

I'm not going to start trashing them too much but I'll say it again, they need to absolutely blow e3 out of the park because their is blood in the water.

They need Scorpio to be handled perfectly.
Scorpio should just be treated as a new gen. The smart move would be to push back the launch date to get some first party exclusives up and running for it.

With all the money Microsoft has and all the money they've spent on third party exclusives and timed exclusives, they could have been funding first party studios of their own. It's mind blowing to me how they haven't evolved at all in the games business. Strictly money-hatting projects after 15+ years. Never developing any of their own IPs in house. :mindblown:

I don't know how Phil Spencer is ducking criticism in this situation. Mattrick got raked over the coals for the way X1 debuted and Phil was touted as the "good guy," "one of us," etc. bullshyt. He is utterly clueless if the past few years are any indication. There is absolutely no direction and no vision for the XBox.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Scorpio should just be treated as a new gen. The smart move would be to push back the launch date to get some first party exclusives up and running for it.

With all the money Microsoft has and all the money they've spent on third party exclusives and timed exclusives, they could have been funding first party studios of their own. It's mind blowing to me how they haven't evolved at all in the games business. Strictly money-hatting projects after 15+ years. Never developing any of their own IPs in house. :mindblown:

I don't know how Phil Spencer is ducking criticism in this situation. Mattrick got raked over the coals for the way X1 debuted and Phil was touted as the "good guy," "one of us," etc. bullshyt. He is utterly clueless if the past few years are any indication. There is absolutely no direction and no vision for the XBox.
I said it when it happened Phil got a bunch of cheap goodwill by just simply using his brain and doing the opposite of what the last guy did

It didn't take a genius to drop the no used games,always online,forced kinect and TV show shyt.

But what has he really done on his own.

Not much. I'm not really seeing much long term vision.

Now all that can change with Scorpio but so far I'm not seeing why he was so praised.

It was the equivalent of a new GM coming into a team and cutting the last GMS bist draft picks and being hailed a genius.

PhiL should have said fukk this old money hat culture,let's build some studios.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said it when it happened Phil got a bunch of cheap goodwill by just simply using his brain and doing the opposite of what the last guy did

It didn't take a genius to drop the no used games,always online,forced kinect and TV show shyt.

But what has he really done on his own.

Not much. I'm not really seeing much long term vision.

Now all that can change with Scorpio but so far I'm not seeing why he was so praised.

It was the equivalent of a new GM coming into a team and cutting the last GMS bist draft picks and being hailed a genius.

PhiL should have said fukk this old money hat culture,let's build some studios.
This. People were giving the man WAY too much credit when all he literally did was undo whatever Matt said/did and give out fluff talks.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
It all comes down to the fact that games are much more important business wise to Sony and Nintendo than it is to Microsoft. :manny:

The CEO said a while back he ain't really rocking with Xbox when it comes to being a core aspect of Microsoft's business. :ld:

Sony and Nintendo make a lot of money from games. For Microsoft, Xbox is a speck in their financial reports. :francis:

Another thing is that Xbox is still seen as a American console. Not to shyt on the 360 cause it was a great console, but let's be real. It sold very well because it had a year head start and Sony was on that arrogant shyt when it came to price.

Still, Sony managed to catch up because of the games in the later half of the generation and because it's a worldwide console. Outside of North America, Brazil and the U.K. Xbox has never really sold that well. It's a lot more apparent now with the success of the PS4.:ehh:

Microsoft still on that "Windows" in the living room shyt. It's the main reason they entered the game industry in the first place.

With Microsoft its clear that they looking at Xbox becoming a service model. Remember that NFL shyt they hyped up? Kinect?? The TV shyt??:heh:

Unless they got some games in the lab no one knows about, I don't see how Scorpio is going to change anything:yeshrug:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

breh havin a stroke over this shyt

These nikkas so mad. shyt is so entertaining :pachaha:

I'll never understand dudes so committed to a system where they getting mad that games aren't coming out for it. If it's the only system you got, I get it. But I'm going where the games are. nikkas are too old for this shyt

:laff: @ his boy telling him not to bust a blood vessel :pachaha:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
These nikkas so mad. shyt is so entertaining :pachaha:

I'll never understand dudes so committed to a system where they getting mad that games aren't coming out for it. If it's the only system you got, I get it. But I'm going where the games are. nikkas are too old for this shyt

:laff: @ his boy telling him not to bust a blood vessel :pachaha:
Some people legit can't afford more than 1 system though.

And they bought that 1 system because of certain games.

Seeing one of those games cancelled would legit piss you off..hell I don't even have an Xbox yet and I'm pissed off because this is one of the games I was going to buy when i get Scorpio.

Of course a lot of those type of videos I assume are staged/ fake but :yeshrug:

Last edited: