AncestryDNA results 93% Black Beninese Queen

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
I mean it’s true :manny:

Carthage are descendants of the Phoenicians. The same Phoenicians (sea peoples) that ancient Egyptians fought against were from modern day Lebanon.

Tyre, an island city, (located in modern day Lebanon) was about to surrender to Alexander the Great until Carthage delegates already there told them not to and they would send help. The Carthage delegates sailed away but couldn’t return with troops because Carthage had internal strife at the time.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I've shared mine before
VQeSpHsl.jpg

P6eKBEOl.jpg

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
And I have historical records tracing our one side of my family back to 2 Nigerian prisoners of war in the 1800s.We had a fam reunion a few years ago with the descendants of the other slave brother....that side has a Black historian that actually found us. I am the descendant of the one that had mixed children or was the grandfather to mixed children. My grandmother thought her grandpops was a native american or mixed with Native american....her side of the family is straight cac irish and black:mjlol: multiple dna tests from aunts and uncles confirm there's almost zero native american dna on that side of the family.

Breh was pawging fresh off the boat:lolbron:

Last edited:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
You mean the Luo? :noah: @ the women. They give SA women a run for their money and tell 'em I said it! :smugdraper:
Yeah I'm luo. Obama from my tribe. All the male surnames start with O. Female it's just inverted and the name starts with an A. This whole conversation had me look into our history. Came in four waves from west southern Sudan which may have been the kush area. Area did so well Arabs came in and if you look northern Sudan full of them. Apparently christian empires were there and we started migrating around 1500s following collapses and assasinations.

We are nilotes but enroute while moving run into bantus whose origin is west Africa and we adopted some of their knowledge. We are vast. We are in Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, congo. Under different names

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Receipts, niche. Receipts!
It was with ancestry, I'll look through my emails and hard drive for it when I have some time.

We're Caribbean too, my mom's family is from deep in the bush. She always spoke about her people are of the Maroons when I was growing up. And pop's family is from the city, maybe that plays a part.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I'm interested in this stuff but I always worry about the idea of handing my DNA over to some random corporation. I don't want to do that. That's like your most sensitive personal information. I'd sooner give my credit card number away to whoever asks, my address, my bank account details, my passport number, my birth certificate, than hand over my DNA.

Also I have a pretty good idea of what my result would be. I'd guess something like 45% ancestral north Indian, 45% ancestral south Indian, and the remaining 10% would be west Asian or central Asian. Bit of Afghan, Persian, Armenian, Kazakh, something like that.

In terms of major ethnic groups I certainly don't think there is any east Asian, Semitic (Arab or Jewish), European or African DNA in my family history. I should be pretty much 98% Indo-Iranian and Dravidian. 2% Altaic or Turkic or Mongolian maybe, at the very most, if at all.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Which one is best? I’m about to try it out.
The cheapest way to use 23andMe is to buy an expired testing kit on eBay I've got mine twice for under $40 as opposed to paying the normal price of $99. You will still use it as if it's not expired and if there's any issues with the testing then they will mail you out a new t*ts for free. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing with ancestry DNA but I got mines on sale a few years ago.