Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I've shared mine before
VQeSpHsl.jpg

P6eKBEOl.jpg
:picard: you got too many raisins in your potato salad, "breh".

:russ:

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
I'm interested in this stuff but I always worry about the idea of handing my DNA over to some random corporation. I don't want to do that. That's like your most sensitive personal information. I'd sooner give my credit card number away to whoever asks, my address, my bank account details, my passport number, my birth certificate, than hand over my DNA.

Also I have a pretty good idea of what my result would be. I'd guess something like 45% ancestral north Indian, 45% ancestral south Indian, and the remaining 10% would be west Asian or central Asian. Bit of Afghan, Persian, Armenian, Kazakh, something like that.

In terms of major ethnic groups I certainly don't think there is any east Asian, Semitic (Arab or Jewish), European or African DNA in my family history. I should be pretty much 98% Indo-Iranian and Dravidian. 2% Altaic or Turkic or Mongolian maybe, at the very most, if at all.
You should read up how they caught the Golden state killer or watch the vid below. How DNA isn't as unique as you think, especially without context. They had dude's dna for a while but needed his dna from his relatives to even get a hint of who he was...they still needed to do the ground work to find him. If someone wanted your dna, they could get it easily, we leave dna everywhere. It harder to get fingerprints or dental records and those are more unique to us. Humans are so related to one another that someone could track you down by looking a the dna of someone that shares the same great great great grandparent. That's potentially tens of thousands of ppl.

The only reason I took my test was because uncles and cousin's already took the test. My dna was already exposed:yeshrug: Corps can't really do anything with your dna outside of health insurance discrimination. You can't even tell someone's race accurately with a raw dna profile. You can guess but their "black" ppl out here with 30% african dna. Identical twins share 100% the same dna but have unique fingerprints

Last edited:
Daps
Let corporations control and sell your for profit DNA brehs and brehettes
:francis::snoop:

They already got us tracked. Between cell phones, computers, cameras everywhere.....big government and corporations have their hooks in 99.9% of Americans unfortunately.

Only way to avoid it is if your parents lived "off the grid" in Montana or Alaska and then raised you off the grid your whole life (no hospital births, take care of illness with home remedies, home schooled etc).

If you avoid serious illness, you could dang near get to 18 with barely any trace in the system. Tricky part is when it's time to either work or go to college.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
They already got us tracked. Between cell phones, computers, cameras everywhere.....big government and corporations have their hooks in 99.9% of Americans unfortunately.

Only way to avoid it is if your parents lived "off the grid" in Montana or Alaska and then raised you off the grid your whole life (no hospital births, take care of illness with home remedies, home schooled etc).

If you avoid serious illness, you could dang near get to 18 with barely any trace in the system. Tricky part is when it's time to either work or go to college.
Knowing where you are is completely different than knowing what you are and having the most important thing you possess.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I used 23andme.

83% African
15% European
0.7% Native American
0.1% Western Asian/North African
0.3% unassigned

My biggest individual ethnicities was 37% Ghanaian/Liberian/Sierra Leonean, 23% Nigerian, 10% Angolan/Congolese & 9.5% English/Irish.
I threw the raw data into GEDmatch. All the calculators basically agreed I was 80-84% SSA and 15-19% white.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
I used 23andme.

83% African
15% European
0.7% Native American
0.1% Western Asian/North African
0.3% unassigned

My biggest individual ethnicities was 37% Ghanaian/Liberian/Sierra Leonean, 23% Nigerian, 10% Angolan/Congolese & 9.5% English/Irish.
On the subreddit, the general consensus is option is a placeholder for Benin/Togo esp. if the number matches with AncestryDNA.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I am a Black American or ADOS/ADOCS.

Last edited: