AncestryDNA results 93% Black Beninese Queen

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The Ghanaian could be the Fante and Ewe portion. The Liberian and Sierra Leonean could Kpelle and Mende. Nigerian should be Yoruba and maybe Edo (since Louisiana disproportionately got Southwest Nigerians). Congolese and Angola should be Kongo. Approximate makeup of your specific ethnic origins.
You do realize a lot of Edo people are ancestry Igbos. Edo-Ado which is fought for during the wars with the Benin Empire.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
You do realize a lot of Edo people are ancestry Igbos. Edo-Ado which is fought for during the wars with the Benin Empire.
I mean you could argue majority of southern Nigeria (including some Yorubas) are ancestral Igbos but that's an argument for another day lol

But we did interact with the Edo people more than any other group West of the River Delta. From taking in their runaways, warring with them for land, and interacting with them on commerce.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

100% biafran bushboy

23andme got it accurate down to the state.

Your path branched off again over 60,000 years ago with the rise of haplogroup E-M96, also simply called haplogroup E. The common ancestor of E-M96 may have lived in northeastern Africa or in the Arabian Peninsula. Since then, his descendants have carried it throughout the African continent and into neighboring regions of Europe and the Middle East.

Paragroup E-M96* refers to lineages belonging to the E clade but which cannot be classified into any known branch. E(xE1-P147, E2-M75) - that is, E which has tested negative for both P147 and M75 - has been reported in 2 Amharas from Ethiopia,[20] in 2 men from Saudi Arabia,[21] and in a single Bantu-speaking male from South Africa.

Paternal haplogroup traces back through East Africa and the Levant
Black Israelite confirmed.

The DNA test just tells me stuff elders in the village already told me, but it's still cool to see it visualized and be able to visualize who your ancestors were if the knowledge was lost or destroyed.

Last edited:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
My mom was 100% African like high 70% Nigerian

I had like 5% Scottish and the rest was west African Decent

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods