Amy Hennig - The Industry's Problem w/ Players Never Finishing Games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was feeling his points till I realized there was just too gotdamn many of them.
d737bd76a59cdb82b80fe0c0dbbc5bad.jpg

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I agree this gen is the gen where I have gotten overwhelmed and sometimes didn't finish some games especially open world games. However, the word "cinematic" is used very loosely and Amy didn't mention cinematic. Either way these open world games which there have been a lot of have been harder to finish than single player linear games.
never finished gta 5. I thought it was pretty bland :hhh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not every fukking game needs to be 20-30 hours

I experienced that recently w/ uncharted 4

after a while I just fukking bailed

that’s what I like about COD

6-8 hour campaign + a hefty MP experience

20 hour SP campaigns are not always enticing imo especially when it’s primarily a linear experience

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This has only been a problem as I've gotten older. When I was a younger and didn't have disposable income, finishing games through was a priority as I wasn't sure when I'd get another one.

Its not just having less disposable income but just more time and less tech back then. 20 or so years ago when we were teens, they didn't have all the shyt they have today. There was no social media and as much world connectivity. The internet wasn't what it was. Streaming services were nonexistant so there was no shows to binge watch. Plus we had less responsibilities like work. And it gets unproductive just gaming all day. Not to mention all the content we get out from all the developers plus whatever was already out there. Seems like they releasing more big name games at a more frequent pace. I like playing the campaigns and side quests, although not big on trophies. But it gets overwhelming with so much out there. Its like why bother buying next gen when I got so much this gen I need to finish.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:beli: Before I watch...maybe stop including 35 side missions that you need to do to level up to reach the end.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Red Dead 2 and Assassin Creed: Odyssey were both 10/10 games that WERE TOO DAMN LONG.

107 hours to beat one game (ACO) is too much. I can beat the Mass Effect Trilogy in that time.

Now, Red Dead 2 was so dope to go away from the story and even the actual side missions, I give it a pass. I loved the Epilogue was dope, but, they should've cut some of the main story to make room for it--I get why they needed it.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
not every fukking game needs to be 20-30 hours

I experienced that recently w/ uncharted 4

after a while I just fukking bailed

that’s what I like about COD

6-8 hour campaign + a hefty MP experience

20 hour SP campaigns are not always enticing imo especially when it’s primarily a linear experience
This right here.