Amy Hennig - The Industry's Problem w/ Players Never Finishing Games

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
It depends on the game. This year I have bought SOR 4, DMC 5, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, 4, & 5 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. Out of all these games I've finished SOR 4, Fist of the North Star & DMC. With DMC & SOR 4 being beaten multiple times on different difficulties. The Yakuza games taking a back seat because the sheer amount of content.

I've still haven't completed Nioh, Uncharted 4 (despite buying it in 2016), AC Origins, Sonic Mania, Soulcalibur 6, SF Collection and numerous other games. This list does not include the games that I have bought yet haven't even opened yet.

The point I'm trying to make that if a game has my interest, I'll make time to play it. If it doesn't I'll get round to it eventually.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends on the game. This year I have bought SOR 4, DMC 5, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, 4, & 5 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. Out of all these games I've finished SOR 4, Fist of the North Star & DMC. With DMC & SOR 4 being beaten multiple times on different difficulties. The Yakuza games taking a back seat because the sheer amount of content.

I've still haven't completed Nioh, Uncharted 4 (despite buying it in 2016), AC Origins, Sonic Mania, Soulcalibur 6, SF Collection and numerous other games. This list does not include the games that I have bought yet haven't even opened yet.

The point I'm trying to make that if a game has my interest, I'll make time to play it. If it doesn't I'll get round to it eventually.
I JUST beat Sonic Mania Monday after having bought it day 1 on the Switch. I had basically gotten to the last zone, died a few times and just stopped playing while I tended other games. Same thing with BOTW, I bought it day 1, didn't beat it until July 2018 while on vacation in Haiti lol.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I don’t finish shyt.

Buy all these fukking AAA games and can’t remember the last one I finished.

I might not have finished one game this Gen being honest

The main problem I have is the amount of filler and repetitive missions a lot of games have.

Some games feel like a chore to get through.

:ehh: This, I start off these big games really into it and then shyt starts getting repetitive and I just drop them :francis:

I really liked Spider-Man, but got to those Mary Jane joints and I dropped it

same shyt with god of war :francis:

Always end up going back to 2k or fifa:yeshrug:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Like Barnett already said in this thread, single player games pack so much filler and unnecessary shyt in their game to pad their run times so reviewers can't slam a game for being only 6 hours long.

There's only so many ways you can disguise the same basic kill or fetch quests before I get bored of doing that shyt, especially if these extras don't serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

And I swear, Ubisoft has it built into their game engines to spread the most unnecessary side quests that add little to overall game experience throughout all of their created worlds.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Its wild I legit have never had this issue. Sure I got my everyday games like FIFA or League of Legends....but if I start a new single player joint that shyt is getting finished, flat out.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I usually only play three games max at a time so I don't have this problem. And most of the games I play are multiplayer os I can put those down and come back later when I start a single player title.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like Barnett already said in this thread, single player games pack so much filler and unnecessary shyt in their game to pad their run times so reviewers can't slam a game for being only 6 hours long.

There's only so many ways you can disguise the same basic kill or fetch quests before I get bored of doing that shyt, especially if these extras don't serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

And I swear, Ubisoft has it built into their game engines to spread the most unnecessary side quests that add little to overall game experience throughout all of their created worlds.

Metal Gear V had this problem and I didn't finish it despite being near the end. I felt cheated knowing there's a third chapter that was removed from the game which would have given the story proper closure.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Consumers are being fatigued with buggy games at launch, sparse content for said games at launch with MTX on the backend.

Open world games with RPG elements are now my most hated genre. I’ve been burnt out by Mass Effect, Anthem, Assassin Creed, RDR2. Now I when I get around to standout titles in the genre I feel exhausted.

I want to play GTA5 and Breathe of the Wild but I’m worried I’ll get bored. Witcher 3 was a different experience for me because it didn’t take up the generic open world playbook.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A game should be a game. Something you enjoy so much you lose track of time. They have to be engaging. They or it shouldnt be something you have to put time into like a job or an assignment, you shouldnt feel like "I paid $60 for this, I'm gonna finish it regardless" but I don't know if the video addresses broken games, released half finished and shyt, usually that caters to online but it can affect sp.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The main problem I have is the amount of filler and repetitive missions a lot of games have.

Some games feel like a chore to get through.

This. I'm playing Octopath Traveler(great game btw)but I'll be damned if I hit all these side quests. shyt's starting to feel like work.:camby:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Some ppl prolly only play shyt for the hype

Like nikkas who hear ppl talking about the latest show and be like convince me to watch

I quit games early

Only stop late if it gets too hard