Amy Hennig - The Industry's Problem w/ Players Never Finishing Games

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
with RDR2 I always tell myself I'm gonna do some story missions, and then I spend 3 hrs playing poker
This right here is an amazing exception.
RDR2 blew my mind with how immersive and organic the world is. Like I go into the wilderness, the local saloon, the city or a outlaw's hideout and it never feels canned.

And it's so ironic that I'm about to say this considering it's my thread but, RDR2 allows me to lose myself in a way I've never experienced. Actually, RDR2 destroyed open world and story driven games for me because if they can't match the organic nature of that world, the contrast makes my interest drop.

I tried playing Assassin's Creed Origins again after RDR2 and I was blown away at how hollow it felt. Filler content... terrible for me.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
RDR2 is bad example because plenty of ppl have been asking for solo player dlc same with GTA V.

One thing about single player games that have been horrible over the year is the expansion of the rpg elements. That makes it annoying cause everything is either behind a pay wall or hours of unwanted grinding.

What I do think will help is :

Linear games every game doesn’t need to be open world.
Also bring back cheat codes who cares if a player uses them in a single player mode.
More unlockables that do not require 19.99
Once I beat a game new story plus also my new story plus doesn’t need to be regulated to me playing on the highest setting of difficulty let me play how I want to play

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that;s because the creative people have been put out a gaming and replaced by corporate hipsters.

All these new games are trash, that God of War game trash, Horizon Zero Dawn trash, Witcher 3 trash

games are about game play, the replay value should come from the actually core mechanics of the game being enjoyable to play not the length of the story or the worthless ass side content

they need to stop with the open world bullshyt, its played out

if he want to tell a story, make the game have stages which focus on game play mechanics

Having stages in game, makes for a more cohesive story, plus you can focus on High End Graphics and Frame Rate, without taxing the system with useless shyt like draw distancing, and worthless NPCs

Devil May Cry 5 was identical to the PC version for the simple fact it was an old school game, where they could focus on just the graphics and the gameplay none of that open world crap, so it looked great and ran at 60 even on the consoles
when Fallen Order is terrible on the consoles and its has much less going on screen, simple combat mechanics, but you to get climb and explore an empty area for no reason if the game had stages, the story would be better, the graphics would be way better, and the action would be way better

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All these new games are trash, that God of War game trash, Horizon Zero Dawn trash, Witcher 3 trash
Taking down a Thunderjaw is fun in Horizon. Never gets old.
ThoseArcticIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
my problem is I get distracted by new games. a lot of the time I'm playing Game A, and I tell myself I just want to quickly check out Game B... and then I never make it back to Game A. plus when I finally feel like I should get back into Game A, I don't remember what was going on, so I want to start over, and the cycle continues...
new games drop everyweek most of the time its big open world triple A games...another aspect is MP games that takes up most of people's time away from single player games cuz in MP games u dont wanna be behind and play catch up...eps these battle royal's with their seasons and season passes

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Wow me and the breh @Robert California were just talking about this.

there’s a sizable portion of 30+ gamers who don’t have time for these single player “epics” and would go for something shorter and less complex but still fun. Like a beat em up you could play on autopilot but still reach an advanced level of combos ala DMC

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
The main problem I have is the amount of filler and repetitive missions a lot of games have.

Some games feel like a chore to get through.
Odyssey is the best example for this..great game which felt like a chore because the map was way too big and you had to do 3 activities 100 times. Either these games need to make it unique or make the game shorter.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Wasn’t it always like this though with the exception of the PS2-PS3 era when games got really easy?

You were in an elite class if you had beaten TNMT on NES. 10 years later I had to let a dude hold my copy of OOT so he could beat the Water Temple for me cause I got stuck.

You not supposed to have a ton of games on the shelf that you have nothing to do in, that’s not how we grew up

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Taking down a Thunderjaw is fun in Horizon. Never gets old.
ThoseArcticIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

lmao you call that gameplay, seriously, she look like the cast the toad spell on her, and once you have all the equipment the game is way too easy, mix that in with the empty open world, worthless sidequest, and non interesting story, what do you have, a extremely mediocre game

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lmao you call that gameplay, seriously, she look like the cast the toad spell on her, and once you have all the equipment the game is way too easy, mix that in with the empty open world, worthless sidequest, and non interesting story, what do you have, a extremely mediocre game
I had fun playing it :smile:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a huge fan of Horizon Zero Dawn but damn if this isn't a scolding hot take! :laff: