America's Reverse Migration- Black Americans leaving West Coast for the South

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

mofo these "small businesses" are reliant on a white economy.

Christ I give up.

I know a lot of people that own small black business and they are reliant upon black people. My sister is an accountant in my hometown. All of her clients are black. My cousin is a lawyer. All of his clients are black. My uncle is a contractor. All that he does is build homes and make home repairs for black people.

Our folks used to only go to White lawyers, accountants and contractors. The fact that they are now using their own folks is good a thing. I don't understand why people don't understand that. We are not all barbers, beauticians and soul food restaurant owners; although those are great too. We have to start somewhere.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Mofos still on this small minded crap in 2016. If you aint competing Globally you are a non damn factor. Cats still on this "I'm gone open a night club" "I'm gonna open a barber shop" BS. While Other groups are creating Banks, Global Transporting Companies, Automotive Companies, Cell Phone Manufactures, etc. We think opening and supporting a Wing Stand and a Car Wash is going to do something. At this point its no point of discussing these matters. Cats who are still on that "circling money" white companies give them will get left behind as they need to be. Blacks need to be agile and adaptive in the future so all that out of date thinking can get left in 1960.
Oh my god this post is so good.

Do you agree with what I said here?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree yet:

All of those groups started small which is what we need to do before going global.

We cant do all of that without more black financial unity.

No Such thing as "Black Finance" When White people are the ones issuing the Credit and Pay Checks for Black People to "circulate".

Good luck doing this when White banks decide they no longer will give blacks loans, White employers will no longer hire blacks, and Non Black Wholesalers will no longer sell blacks supplies for their barbershop and soul food restaurant.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
No Such thing as "Black Finance" When White people are the ones issuing the Credit and Pay Checks for Black People to "circulate".

Good luck doing this when White banks decide they no longer will give blacks loans, White employers will no longer hire blacks, and Non Black Wholesalers will no longer sell blacks supplies for their barbershop and soul food restaurant.

So you think we can do what you want us to do without the benefits of black circulation?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Oh my god this post is so good.

Do you agree with what I said here?

The issue Blacks face is that in a sense a "Talented Tenth" Dynamic could work for us BUT once we acquire skills we beg for a seat at the table of White Supremacy instead of taking these skills and building. Its not just in America, look at Nigerians the so called "most successful immigrant group, they come gain skills, acquire "wealth" and trick it off to have pissing contests to see who can do the best White person impression, they brag about how Great Nigerians are yet Nigeria is a sh*thole and they sitting next to your black behind in America being victim to the same system of White Supremacy.

Blacks need to form an Economy Vanguard Class to lead the way because arguing and debating with small minded people at the bottom and self hating c00ns at the top wastes everyones time. There are black people at all levels who understand the system at hand sucks, now the focus must be on each person combining their strengths and focusing on specific roles. All this "lets all go to this black beauty salon to show group economics" is cute and all until the Salon gets black balled from suppliers and you get laid off from your non black employer and cant afford to go shop anywhere.

Blackout

Daps
The issue Blacks face is that in a sense a "Talented Tenth" Dynamic could work for us BUT once we acquire skills we beg for a seat at the table of White Supremacy instead of taking these skills and building. Its not just in America, look at Nigerians the so called "most successful immigrant group, they come gain skills, acquire "wealth" and trick it off to have pissing contests to see who can do the best White person impression, they brag about how Great Nigerians are yet Nigeria is a sh*thole and they sitting next to your black behind in America being victim to the same system of White Supremacy.

Blacks need to form an Economy Vanguard Class to lead the way because arguing and debating with small minded people at the bottom and self hating c00ns at the top wastes everyones time. There are black people at all levels who understand the system at hand sucks, now the focus must be on each person combining their strengths and focusing on specific roles. All this "lets all go to this black beauty salon to show group economics" is cute and all until the Salon gets black balled from suppliers and you get laid off from your non black employer and cant afford to go shop anywhere.
No one is saying that group economics will fix everything.

Your methods need to be done as well. I cannot stress that enough.

Its just that without group economics I dont see how doing your method is possible. :yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So you think we can do what you want us to do without the benefits of black circulation?

lose the buzzwords. "Circulation" isn't a strategy its common sense. Taking Black Dollars to do business with a Chinese Man to gain supplies to create infrastructure at a discount dose more than "circulating" dollars at a black book store. Economics has no color, the issue at hand is blacks aint building a damn thing. Passing your dollars around still isn't building infrastructure and institutions.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No one is saying that group economics will fix everything.

Your methods need to be done as well. I cannot stress that enough.

Its just that without group economics I dont see how doing your method is possible. :yeshrug:

You think Asians or Whites aint eating at Black Owned BBQ Spots? You think Asians aint buying European clothing and Jordans? The difference between us and them is they build and then enjoy the fruits of their labor while we just want to enjoy the fruits of labor that never happened.

Blackout

Daps
lose the buzzwords. "Circulation" isn't a strategy its common sense. Taking Black Dollars to do business with a Chinese Man to gain supplies to create infrastructure at a discount dose more than "circulating" dollars at a black book store. Economics has no color, the issue at hand is blacks aint building a damn thing. Passing your dollars around still isn't building infrastructure and institutions.
You think Asians or Whites aint eating at Black Owned BBQ Spots? You think Asians aint buying European clothing and Jordans? The difference between us and them is they build and then enjoy the fruits of their labor while we just want to enjoy the fruits of labor that never happened.
They dab a bit in others businesses but the majority know to keep most of the dollars within the group.

Passing your dollars around within the group makes sure that what we get from outsiders doesnt leave our community and go into another groups hands and makes sure we aren't too dependent on outsiders.

Both of our methods/moves are needed.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yep. Funny I had this same debate with Nigerians on Nairaland.

OMG STOP!!!! YOU'RE MAKING TOOOO MUCH SENSE!!!!!:damn:

You're talking points alone make Jason Black AKA Black Authority and others who subscribe to this "black group economics" look like they have a first grade understanding of economics and hell even white supremacy.

You should also see this thread I made on this similar topic.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/does...ity-knows-what-hes-talking-about-rant.363439/

In my opinion you're much better off getting a good degree than opening up a ma & pa shop. I use to frequent this small Haitian buffet It had a lot of customers, but found out that my sister who has her bachelors in marketing is making more than them.

Black people like you said need to get off this opening this small ass business. If we do open up business we should DO IT BIG. If not then try and focus on acquiring a good skill.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yep. Funny I had this same debate with Nigerians on Nairaland.

OMG STOP!!!! YOU'RE MAKING TOOOO MUCH SENSE!!!!!:damn:

You're talking points alone make Jason Black AKA Black Authority and others who subscribe to this "black group economics" look like they have a first grade understanding of economics and hell even white supremacy.

You should also see this thread I made on this similar topic.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/does...ity-knows-what-hes-talking-about-rant.363439/

In my opinion you're much better off getting a good degree than opening up a ma & pa shop. I use to frequent this small Haitian buffet It had a lot of customers, but found out that my sister who has her bachelors in marketing is making more than them.

Black people like you said need to get off this opening this small ass business. If we do open up business we should DO IT BIG. If not then try and focus on acquiring a good skill.

Mom and Pop shops serve a purpose but people are idiots if they think that is going to be what ends white supremacy.

And people like JB are pretty much for those who lack experience/education. They say a lot but arent saying anything at the end of the day. I respect Tariq because he doesnt claim to be the "Authority" of anything, he simply gives his opinion on subjects and also does projects that are of his interest which is good for him, these other people literally haven't built any infrastructure and cant give step by step instructions to their followers on how to do something. IF someone asks for help it shouldn't turn into a debate it should be you need to do 1,2,3 and go here to do each. JB makes good high level points but all that stuff is common sense to anyone who has actual life experiences, and the issue with Blacks is that those of us who are educated and or make good money are straight on breaking the system because we "found our spot" in the system, while those who are poor and or uneducated hate the system because their life sucks because many of these people wouldn't give a damn about white supremacy of the cards played out in their favor. Those of us who have a straight head on our shoulders and want to make change are a minority. Just go look at any of these so called "Woke" Facebook groups, all it is are people posting idiotic memes or talking about how stupid people are for enjoying pop culture, they are worst off than the so called "Sleep" people because they are allegedly AWARE of the system at hand yet arent doing anything. Buying fixer upper homes and renting them out isn't doing anything (which is what most of these people are doing when they say they are self made), selling Hotep T shirts isn't doing anything, having a barbershop isn't doing anything, etc.

Blackout

Daps

If you can do it big then why not.

Its just that you can hand down a business and employ our people with a busness, but you cant hand down a degree to your kid nor can you give a job to your kids or relatives who are struggling with employment with just a degree so business owners have a part just like those with degrees. :manny:

Last edited: