America's Reverse Migration- Black Americans leaving West Coast for the South

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A lot of Black people in the South own their own businesses anyway. So it wouldn't probably be that bad.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...the-best-city-in-america-for-black-owned.html
Memphis leads nation's largest cities in female-owned business growth

Btw, a lot of Black people only left the South to begin with, because of Jim Crow laws and the higher paying industrial jobs in the North and West. The Jim Crow laws and the industrial jobs are gone, so what is the point in staying?

On top of that the South has improved a lot. The economy is better (not great), but better than it used to be; the weather is better than in the North and it is much cheaper to live in the South. For a person like me it was an easy decision. I was going to work anyway, whether it was in the North or the South; but the kicker is that I get to be around big extended family.

"owning a businesS" and Infrastructure/Institution creation are two different things. Most of the time when people talk about this stuff and business owners they are referring to people owning Barbershops,Soul Food restaurants, Salons, etc. Things that are still dependent on non black businesses to survive.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
They leaving cause it's unaffordable. These nikka don't hustle hard enough to live in California. Take Ur self to Atlanta
What part of Cali you live in? I'm curious, can you afford 4k monthly for an apartment in the Bay? That's insane. How about 800k-1 million plus for a 1200 square foot bungalow in North Oakland Rockridge district? That's foolishness and it's gonna take a lot more than a hustle to live that lifestyle, unless you out in the valley or some shyt.

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
"owning a businesS" and Infrastructure/Institution creation are two different things. Most of the time when people talk about this stuff and business owners they are referring to people owning Barbershops,Soul Food restaurants, Salons, etc. Things that are still dependent on non black businesses to survive.
You gotta start small before you go big though.

Supporting/owning black businesses is a step that needs to be done before we can go any higher. :yeshrug:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
You already know everyone and they mama wanna be from the A, but when they get here they wanna tell us born n raised here about how great and how they do things in Cali, ny, whatever....
Who the hell wants to be in gay ass ATL. Everyone I know that bounced went to TX AZ or MS. GA is dope but I definitely wouldn't chose ATL as my home city. No disrespect but naw I'm good

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
You gotta start small before you go big though.

Supporting/owning black businesses is a step that needs to be done before we can go any higher. :yeshrug:
I'm not about to support any business just because they are black tho. It's probably different in the South but over here the are always over priced with terrible customer service. I'm not about to support that

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)

:lupe:
you have a point, this reminds me of what my Unk was saying to me a couple weeks ago...

He put put me on to how we fukked up the last 80-100 years or so. When we moved up north/east/west Midwest to chase the cities & jobs we didn't send money back down south to build up our most populated areas and we didn't own our land everywhere else we went to. We got our money and tricked it off, & we're still doing it.

Now we got "spending power", which really doesn't mean anything. Mexicans, Arabs, Asians, Indians etc bought up the businesses & they eat great off our dollars. They pulled the plug on those jobs after we went hard workin for white companies. After a Couple decades of letting our strong points in the cities deteriorate they simultaneously built up these PWI institutions. Making it easy & very affordable for hipster cacs & minoricacs to graduate and work for tech companies while buying up cheap property that can get fixed up quickly.

We can't make this mistake again, we must control our schools, support S.T.E.M students, encourage entrepreneurship & trade school's. Cacs will continue benign & neglect as its most likely the Hillary will be prez next January. While they focus on war mongering in the middle east we need to build the basics to put a solid platform for the black owned barber shops, beauty supply shops, restaurants etc to thrive.
:banderas:

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We havent ever since integration came about.

We have to solidify our community financially before we can do anything.

Right now we are too reliant on the white economy.
:mjlol:

mofo these "small businesses" are reliant on a white economy.

Christ I give up.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:lupe: you have a point, this reminds me of what my Unk was saying to me a couple weeks ago...

He put put me on to how we fukked up the last 80-100 years or so. When we moved up north/east/west Midwest to chase the cities & jobs we didn't send money back down south to build up our most populated areas and we didn't own our land everywhere else we went to. We got our money and tricked it off, & we're still doing it.

Now we got "spending power", which really doesn't mean anything. Mexicans, Arabs, Asians, Indians etc bought up the businesses & they eat great off our dollars. They pulled the plug on those jobs after we went hard workin for white companies. After a Couple decades of letting our strong points in the cities deteriorate they simultaneously built up these PWI institutions. Making it easy & very affordable for hipster cacs & minoricacs to graduate and work for tech companies while buying up cheap property that can get fixed up quickly.

We can't make this mistake again, we must control our schools, support S.T.E.M students, encourage entrepreneurship & trade school's. Cacs will continue benign & neglect as its most likely the Hillary will be prez next January. While they focus on war mongering in the middle east we need to build the basics to put a solid platform for the black owned barber shops, beauty supply shops, restaurants etc to thrive.
:banderas:

Mofos still on this small minded crap in 2016. If you aint competing Globally you are a non damn factor. Cats still on this "I'm gone open a night club" "I'm gonna open a barber shop" BS. While Other groups are creating Banks, Global Transporting Companies, Automotive Companies, Cell Phone Manufactures, etc. We think opening and supporting a Wing Stand and a Car Wash is going to do something. At this point its no point of discussing these matters. Cats who are still on that "circling money" white companies give them will get left behind as they need to be. Blacks need to be agile and adaptive in the future so all that out of date thinking can get left in 1960.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Mofos still on this small minded crap in 2016. If you aint competing Globally you are a non damn factor. Cats still on this "I'm gone open a night club" "I'm gonna open a barber shop" BS. While Other groups are creating Banks, Global Transporting Companies, Automotive Companies, Cell Phone Manufactures, etc. We think opening and supporting a Wing Stand and a Car Wash is going to do something. At this point its no point of discussing these matters. Cats who are still on that "circling money" white companies give them will get left behind as they need to be. Blacks need to be agile and adaptive in the future so all that out of date thinking can get left in 1960.
You're not ready to have a discussion on what needs to be done so we going to end this convo right here.

I agree yet:

All of those groups started small which is what we need to do before going global.

We cant do all of that without more black financial unity either.