Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
a monoracial afram = 2 parents of african descent regardless of admixture; therefore, she's not Biracial
Her parents are biracial too. But at least she didn't run around saying, "My father left me when I was three", like you know who...smh. Anyway, my point wasn't really whether or Valerie Jarrett is biracial. My point was, most of the wealth from these powerful Black people who are very light-skinned like her, who are mostly biracial, didn't come from the African-American side. If so, which of these lightbrites had a rich African-American father born in the US?

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
She's definitely not monomaniacal. And being 49% European and 46% African, she's probably the most biracial person you know.
Are you ADOS/ FBA?

Some of the photos in this thread obviously are monoracial, but I'm referring to the ones who would be referred to as lightbrite, like Valerie Jarret, etc... They get most of their power from a wealthy White parent, if not a wealthy White grandparent. Tbh, you'd be surprised how many Blacks darker than the average light-skinned person (whatever color that is), have a White parent, including Frederick Douglas.

The reason I made my comment was to stop people from combining average non dark-skinned Black people with lightbrite Black people, whom most have a White parent or grandparent. They don't see things the way most Black people do, especially the biracial ones.

Technically that could be true. The was explained years ago by Yvette Carnell and Tone Talk, pertaining generational wealth.

I think most generational old money wealthy Black families have comes from the reconstruction era.

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Her parents are biracial too. But at least she didn't run around saying, "My father left me when I was three", like you know who...smh. Anyway, my point wasn't really whether or Valerie Jarrett is biracial. My point was, most of the wealth from these powerful Black people who are very light-skinned like her, who are mostly biracial, didn't come from the African-American side. If so, which of these lightbrites had a rich African-American father born in the US?
All Black people in the diaspora in the Americas have admixture, no matter the complexion. Valerie Jarrett is Creole and falls within the same genetic composition (gene-pool) as other Black Americans (ADOS/ FBA) in North America (States). This makes her a Black American woman, but with slightly more admixture than average.

The genetics composition is an estimate not a steady fact. It could become more or less either African or European and with that also the specific regions.

Finding Your Roots | Valerie Jarrett's Groundbreaking Great-Grandfather | Season 2 | Episode 6

Her father is James Edward Bowman.

James Bowman, expert on pathology and blood diseases, 1923-2011

The remaining genealogy.

William Henry Bowman

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
All Black people in the diaspora in the Americas have admixture, no matter the complexion. Valerie Jarrett is Creole and falls within the same genetic composition (gene-pool) as other Black Americans (ADOS/ FBA) in North America (States). This makes her a Black American woman, but with slightly more admixture than average.

The genetics composition is an estimate not a steady fact. It could become more or less either African or European and with that also the specific regions.

Finding Your Roots | Valerie Jarrett's Groundbreaking Great-Grandfather | Season 2 | Episode 6

Her father is James Edward Bowman.

James Bowman, expert on pathology and blood diseases, 1923-2011

The remaining genealogy.

William Henry Bowman
Her family wealth probably started with her White ancestors. That was my point. If it didn't, then she would be one of the few lightbrites who's wealth didn't back during those times.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
****WARNING LONG POST*****

They all have a certain look about them....I can't quite put my finger on what it is....
This is pretty insane...

THE JOHN W ROGERS?!??

:ohhh:

When Tulsa’s Black Wall Street Went Up in Flames, So Did Potential Inheritance

The Rogers family
im-345278

Burned buildings in the Greenwood District following the Tulsa Race Massacre, including the Stradford Hotel, at center.

PHOTO: TULSA HISTORICAL SOCIETY & MUSEUM
John W. Rogers Jr. , founder of investment company Ariel Investments LLC, is the great-grandson of J.B. Stradford, who owned Greenwood’s Stradford Hotel. The three-story luxury hotel burned down and is counted among the businesses that were never rebuilt following the massacre.

“We did not have the benefit of building multigenerational wealth because his entire empire was destroyed,” Mr. Rogers said. “Many successful families continue to build on the dividends of prior generations’ business leadership.”

Before the massacre turned the 54-suite Stradford Hotel into a smoldering pile of bricks and debris, it was the crown jewel of Mr. Stradford’s real-estate empire, which included two dozen rental properties in Tulsa.

After the destruction ended, Mr. Stradford was detained and charged with inciting the massacre. Somehow, he escaped from a detention center and boarded a train for his brother’s home in Independence, Kan. He eventually headed to Chicago, where he successfully fought extradition to Tulsa with the help of his son, Mr. Rogers’s grandfather, who was a lawyer.

im-345275
Before the massacre, J.B. Stradford’s real-estate empire included two dozen rental properties in Tulsa.

PHOTO: COURTESY OF JOHN W. ROGERS, JR.
“There was real fear he could possibly be lynched,” said Mr. Rogers, who grew up in Chicago. “He was exonerated many years later when people realized what truly happened.”

In Chicago, Mr. Stradford tried and failed to open a hotel.

“He never remotely approached the success that he had in Tulsa,” Mr. Rogers said of his great-grandfather, who graduated from Oberlin College in Ohio and Indiana University’s School of Law. “And he was very disappointed and disillusioned to go from this giant business success in Tulsa to kind of a struggling lawyer and businessman in Chicago.”

Jewel Stradford, Mr. Stradford’s granddaughter and Mr. Rogers’s mother, became a prominent lawyer. She was the first Black woman to graduate from the University of Chicago Law School, the first female deputy solicitor general of the U.S. and the first Black woman to argue a case before the Supreme Court, among other achievements.

Still, she resented that she was never able to create the wealth she thought could come from having a law degree, and still worked every day, even when she was dying of breast cancer at age 75, Mr. Rogers said.

Mr. Rogers said his career path has been inspired by his hotelier great-grandfather. In 1983, Mr. Rogers made history as the first African-American founder of an asset-management firm, which urges companies to create a more diverse and inclusive corporate environment, he said. The firm, Ariel, had $16.2 billion in assets under management as of March 31, according to its website.

“I did not inherit wealth, but I inherited an education and early exposure to finance, which inspired my career path,” Mr. Rogers said.
:wow:

@Red Shield @Michael's Black Son @Sukairain @YouMadd? @Basil of Baker Street @SupremexKing @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero @Pirius Black @panopticon @johnedwarduado @neotheflyingone @Ishlibidish23 @SJUGRAD13 @BlueHeffner

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Her family wealth probably started with her White ancestors. That was my point. If it didn't, then she would be one of the few lightbrites who's wealth didn't back during those times.
That "probably" could be true.

invalid

Banned
Daps
This is pretty insane...

THE JOHN W ROGERS?!??

:ohhh:

When Tulsa’s Black Wall Street Went Up in Flames, So Did Potential Inheritance

The Rogers family
im-345278

Burned buildings in the Greenwood District following the Tulsa Race Massacre, including the Stradford Hotel, at center.

PHOTO: TULSA HISTORICAL SOCIETY & MUSEUM
John W. Rogers Jr. , founder of investment company Ariel Investments LLC, is the great-grandson of J.B. Stradford, who owned Greenwood’s Stradford Hotel. The three-story luxury hotel burned down and is counted among the businesses that were never rebuilt following the massacre.

“We did not have the benefit of building multigenerational wealth because his entire empire was destroyed,” Mr. Rogers said. “Many successful families continue to build on the dividends of prior generations’ business leadership.”

Before the massacre turned the 54-suite Stradford Hotel into a smoldering pile of bricks and debris, it was the crown jewel of Mr. Stradford’s real-estate empire, which included two dozen rental properties in Tulsa.

After the destruction ended, Mr. Stradford was detained and charged with inciting the massacre. Somehow, he escaped from a detention center and boarded a train for his brother’s home in Independence, Kan. He eventually headed to Chicago, where he successfully fought extradition to Tulsa with the help of his son, Mr. Rogers’s grandfather, who was a lawyer.

im-345275
Before the massacre, J.B. Stradford’s real-estate empire included two dozen rental properties in Tulsa.

PHOTO: COURTESY OF JOHN W. ROGERS, JR.
“There was real fear he could possibly be lynched,” said Mr. Rogers, who grew up in Chicago. “He was exonerated many years later when people realized what truly happened.”

In Chicago, Mr. Stradford tried and failed to open a hotel.

“He never remotely approached the success that he had in Tulsa,” Mr. Rogers said of his great-grandfather, who graduated from Oberlin College in Ohio and Indiana University’s School of Law. “And he was very disappointed and disillusioned to go from this giant business success in Tulsa to kind of a struggling lawyer and businessman in Chicago.”

Jewel Stradford, Mr. Stradford’s granddaughter and Mr. Rogers’s mother, became a prominent lawyer. She was the first Black woman to graduate from the University of Chicago Law School, the first female deputy solicitor general of the U.S. and the first Black woman to argue a case before the Supreme Court, among other achievements.

Still, she resented that she was never able to create the wealth she thought could come from having a law degree, and still worked every day, even when she was dying of breast cancer at age 75, Mr. Rogers said.

Mr. Rogers said his career path has been inspired by his hotelier great-grandfather. In 1983, Mr. Rogers made history as the first African-American founder of an asset-management firm, which urges companies to create a more diverse and inclusive corporate environment, he said. The firm, Ariel, had $16.2 billion in assets under management as of March 31, according to its website.

“I did not inherit wealth, but I inherited an education and early exposure to finance, which inspired my career path,” Mr. Rogers said.
:wow:

@Red Shield @Michael's Black Son @Sukairain @YouMadd? @Basil of Baker Street @SupremexKing @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero @Pirius Black @panopticon @johnedwarduado @neotheflyingone @Ishlibidish23 @SJUGRAD13 @BlueHeffner

Eh... Her profile is private. Here is a picture:

Laurel Stradford is John's Aunt.

Thanks to the advances of DNA testing, I found out.....

That I'm related to the Stradfords of Tulsa, however I have no idea what the connection is at the moment.

John Rogers -

John's Aunt - Teague Stradford Dow (Laurel Stradford's Sister)

Teague's Family Tree (with Jewel Stradford LaFontant pictured(John Roger's mother))

Being that Teague is an aunt on John's Stradford line, my connection has to also be on the Stradford line as well.

I personally grew up with a cousin of John's on his father side (the Rogers) who has been helping me research (her and her husband are members of the Chicago Boule along with John), and connected me with another sister of Teague and Laurel's, whom is their family historian, to figure out how we're connected through the Stradfords.

1414550_070516-wls-street-renaming-img.jpg

Best believe I'm taking my country ass to the next Stradford Family Reunion on some "Hey fammo ...."

tenor.gif

Trying to claim my reparations...:lolbron:

Or that JB Stradford Will money that we were obviously cut out of. :stopitslime:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That I'm related to the Stradfords of Tulsa, however I have no idea what the connection is at the moment.

Best believe I'm taking my country ass to the next Stradford Family Reunion on some "Hey fammo ...."

tenor.gif

Trying to claim that JB Stradford Will money that we were obviously cut out of. :stopitslime:
You might get lucky.

CHICAGO
v1.bjsyMDI0NzU7ajsxNzU5NzsxMjAwOzEwMjQ7NzY4