Ya?

Banned
Daps
this doesn't change the fact that they were often more militant/anti-white/pro-black than many of their darker counterparts

I don’t disagree but I hate when people use this argument to disparage darker black people.

They are privileged than their darker counterparts in many facets of life, and get more leeway and it’s been like this for a very long time. Most whites aren’t threatened by biracials and MGMs.

It’s the black ones they don’t want to see stand up to them.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
By whom? They were exposed to more racial slights because of their proximity to whiteness. Which was the catalyst behind them becoming more militant/pro-black. They felt they had something to prove.

Yes and they were priviledged as well. Blacks never got their foot in the door like these families did. Some could even pass enough to have access that many regular blacks could not have. It’s not a slight against them but that needs to be acknowledged as well or else that above statement is incomplete.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Yes and they were priviledged as well. Blacks never got their foot in the door like these families did. Some could even pass enough to have access that many regular blacks could not have. It’s not a slight against them but that needs to be acknowledged as well.

So was Obama and look at all the racism that he had to face down. Just because you're privileged does not mean you are precluded from racism. It may mean the type of racism that you encounter is different from that of a person of lower-socioeconomic background. But the effects of white supremacy on the black bodies of the privileged or the poor is the same. Stress, depression, self-hate, and other mental health issues. And even physical death.

More blacks in the south were lynched for being "uppity" than anything else.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Glad this thread was bumped.

Almost the exact type of anger being displayed towards cont. Africans in current threads was being directed towards AA elites in this thread. Add/remove a word here and there...but it's along the same lines.

Some of the criticisms directed towards ACTIONS are valid, but I'm reading it all and starting to think that some people are just angry and lashing out. Has anybody else peeped this?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I don’t disagree but I hate when people use this argument to disparage darker black people.

it's not a diss to darker people, more like giving props to the fairer skinned types for not being:mjpls:

They are privileged than their darker counterparts in many facets of life, and get more leeway and it’s been like this for a very long time. Most whites aren’t threatened by biracials and MGMs.

:childplease:

it's the black ones they don’t want to see stand up to them.

the lighter ones are black too:martin:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
na...them types are usually more anti-white/pro black than a good deal of obviously, blacker looking folks
This. Those Links women and older Boule men blocked mixed couples from joining the social groups for years.
Its changed a bit in recent years as (mostly younger Boule men) have been trying to slide in with White wives.
It doesn't go over well. OKOP take White money, but they don't like White people in their deeply intimate families and organizations.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm mean, I don't think the Trumps would have started -

The United Negro College Fund
The National Association of the Advancement of Colored People
The Urban League
The National Association of Colored Women
The National Afro-American Council
The Congressional Black Caucus
Black Masonic Organizations
Black Greek Letter Organziations
Black Professional Associations (NABJ, NABA, NBA, NMA, NBMBA, NBSE)
Countless Abolition/Anti-Slavery Societies
Countless Burial Societies

I'm mean, negroes are hard to please. You won't find any other racial group where their elites have been this dedicated to the upliftment of their own people.

You can't say there hasn't been effort.

tumblr_noy5v5Vk2R1slj24go1_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that how YOU see it?

I don't see it as dangling a carrot because white mainstream NEVER acknowledges or publicizes old money Black families. I think they'd like to forget that they exist and that the only rich Blacks that matter are athletes and entertainers.

They actually did in a way when Obama got elected in 2008

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Will be doing the family of Frances Cress Welsing next.

Looking forward to that one for a few reasons.The main one is that from the outside looking in, she seems to have been raised by or around VERY conscious people. She was fighting racism at the highest levels. Debunking the pseudo-science often used by policy makers to "justify" decisions.
Second reason is something that I've observed from a distance...the diminishing wealth of these families over the decades. When Dr. Welsing passed , Tariq Nasheed paid for her funeral. I'm not sure if she had children, and I'm sure she was whiteballed from the psychiatric community/academia because of her views.. but it's still odd that a stranger had to pay for her funeral. I've also read about some of these families being gentrified out of their traditional vacation spots over the years by wealthier whites.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t get your point. They all exemplified personal achievement. Whether one started off with no morals and ended up with some as opposed to a person that always had them, personal achievement is personal achievement. And I recognize both.

Even if that personal goal is unethical? You’d still respect said goal?

Ya?

Banned
Daps
So was Obama and look at all the racism that he had to face down. Just because you're privileged does not mean you are precluded from racism. It may mean the type of racism that you encounter is different from that of a person of lower-socioeconomic background. But the effects of white supremacy on the black bodies of the privileged or the poor is the same. Stress, depression, self-hate, and other mental health issues. And even physical death.

More blacks in the south were lynched for being "uppity" than anything else.

I think it’s important to make distinctions to accurately depict why things are the way they are rather than burying certain historical points of history.

I love history and I like accurate accounts of history, the good, the bad and ugly. Recognizing that mixed/MGM have carved their place in black history throughout the Americas and beyond AND that they have also had a priviledged status is an accurate/honest depiction of history.

It’s not an attempt to demonized them but helps understand why things are the way they are today. Is all I am saying.

Claiming that mixed people are more militant than their darker counterparts is an incomplete statement and implies something that isn’t completely nuanced.